NBC to Remake the Bionic Woman

BW's problem is that it makes NO attempt to have linkages to the original, beyond having a bionic woman named Jamie Sommers. Add to it stories that are not compelling and you have a bomb, even if it is fun to watch Michelle Ryan.

At least BSG kept the same basic story, utilized the names and personalities of several of the major characters. BW does not do any of it. No OSI, no Oscar Goldman, no Steve Austin, no sense of where the show is going.

One viewing was all I handle...I don't see this lasting much longer.

I know I am turning into a naysayer about the strike, but it seems to me that they will run all that they have filmed given the impending shortages. But beyond that... sayonara. At least Michelle Ryan learned some good Krav Maga skills :D (seriously, she went through a lot of training). Too bad they didn't put as much effort into the script.

If they want the show to survive, they should kill off Jamie Sommer and than base the story on the evil bionic woman! As least she is interesting and funny and not afraid to kill. I am getting really bored where the story is going. The new CIA love interest makes it worst. He is so boring. Sidney in Alias has no bionic power, but at least the missions are usually interesting.

They must be really desperate. The preview from the week before was a complete fake. They were saying all these things about her being Bionic and still cannot protect her love ones. The scenes flashed from her sister, to her boyfriend, to her partner, and to the masked assassin. The real show has nothing to do with any of that! Someone must have saw the episode and thought it was really boring.. the only way to spice it up is to make up a fake preview. :p

They must be really desperate. The preview from the week before was a complete fake. They were saying all these things about her being Bionic and still cannot protect her love ones. The scenes flashed from her sister, to her boyfriend, to her partner, and to the masked assassin. The real show has nothing to do with any of that! Someone must have saw the episode and thought it was really boring.. the only way to spice it up is to make up a fake preview. :p
Huh? Her partner died.

Huh? Her partner died.

Oh yeah that... almost forget! That was a bit of a surprise. My wife even asked "what did he say this time?" She is a big Grey's Anatomy fan. :p

Maybe they will bring him back as a bionic man or something.

Oh yeah that... almost forget! That was a bit of a surprise. My wife even asked "what did he say this time?"

The whole partner thing was poorly written anyway. In one episode Jaimie leaves the guy because he is wanting to kill the courier they came to save because he saw the data involved, and the next episode they are best friends again, then the next episode she thinks he's working with an assassin and gets killed.

Makes me wonder if this show is being written by scabs since the writers are on strike. ;)

I was waiting for them to introduce Lee Majors as the father that Jaime Sommers and her sister would talk about but never see. Oh well, I guess we will never find out now.

Yeah, what a shame - the most highly anticipated show of the season and just terrible stories. I know they were working off the idea of BSG, modernizing the 70s story, but BSG retained basic core characters (even if Starbuck is a woman instead of a guy) and the same basic story; BW did nothing to draw in the 30 - 49 age group who loved the original.

Then again, its NBC, we should not expect much.... except for lame ass reruns of it to appear on Universal HD before too long. :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)