NBC to Remake the Bionic Woman

Zap2it reports that:

Katee Sackhoff is going from one remake of a late-'70s series to another, taking a role in NBC's "Bionic Woman" remake.

The "Battlestar Galactica" star, whose character was recently killed off (or so it appears, anyway), has signed on to the pilot, leading a list of actors that also includes Julia Ormond in ABC's "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" and Jane Curtin and Lex Medlin in comedies at the Alphabet. CBS has also added Angus Macfadyen to its comedy "The Rich Inner Life of Penelope Cloud," according to The Hollywood Reporter.

"The Bionic Woman" stars British actress Michelle Ryan as Jaime Sommers, a woman who has her body reconstructed with cyborg-like artificial body parts after a horrific accident, thereby giving her extraordinary strength, speed and hearing. Sackhoff will play an evil bionic woman in the pilot, which is co-written and executive produced by "Galactica's" David Eick.

She'll be billed as a guest star in the pilot; it's unclear whether she could recur if the show is picked up to series.

Eeek.. didn't expect to see a BSG spoiler in this thread. I am watching BSG on Universal HD, so I am behind. :( But on the other hand... evil bionic woman! Yay! :up

Eeek.. didn't expect to see a BSG spoiler in this thread. I am watching BSG on Universal HD, so I am behind. :( But on the other hand... evil bionic woman! Yay! :up

My bad. I didn't even think about the mention of her alleged death. Sorry. :)

Cast for Bionic Woman Set

The Futon Critic reported the following press release from NBC:

THE BIONIC WOMAN (NBC)
- Miguel Ferrer ("Crossing Jordan") and Chris Bowers ("Rescue Me") have landed the final principal roles on the drama pilot, a re-imagination of the 1970s series of the same name. Bowers will play Dr. Eric Masters, who's described in the casting notice as follows: "Early-Mid 30's, good-looking, sexy, likeable and devoted. He is Jaime's supportive boyfriend of two months who already knows she is the one. As a young prodigy (finished college at age 15 and became a surgeon at 22) he's a genius in his field - bionics - and the only one capable of performing the illegal, complex surgeries the government has been experimenting with. When Jaime nearly dies in a car accident, Eric doesn't hesitate using bionic surgery on her, even though this means going against his superiors and breaking every rule in the book. His innovative behavior and past deeds make him a target of deadly Sarah Corvus."

Ferrer then is set as Jonas Bledsoe - "50s-60's, forceful and not above lying to get what he wants. He is the ruthless leader of the secret government agency that turned Jaime into a Bionic Woman. Though furious with Eric for wasting $50 million worth of classified, illegal technology on "some girl," Jonas decides to use Jaime to track down and retrieve the other Bionic creations who escaped. Topping his list of fugitives is insane, deadly Sarah Corvus, whose violent break-out and subsequent revenge streak haunts Jonas to this day. After using unscrupulous means to manipulate Jaime into joining his organization, Jonas agrees to her terms and we get the feeling he will treat her with respect and honesty from now on." Ferrer's involvement is in second position to his "Jordan" duties however it's understood he could play both roles concurrently.

Commitment: Ordered to pilot
Cast: Chris Bowers (Dr. Eric Masters), Katee Sackhoff (Sarah Corvus), Mae Whitman (Becca Sommers), Michelle Ryan (Jaime Sommers), Miguel Ferrer (Jonas Bledsoe), Molly Price (Ruth Treadwell), Will Yun Lee (Jae Kim)
Writers: David Eick, Laeta Kalogridis
Director: Michael Dinner
Executive Producers: Bruno Heller, David Eick, Laeta Kalogridis
Studio: NBC Universal Television Studio

Rocky's editorial: Notice - Katee Sackhoff (Starbuck, BSG) is listed as a cast-member and not a guest-star. Indeed, she is Bionic.

Also notice, no mention of Steve Austin or Oscar Goldman or OSI. This is obviously a loose recreation, not likely to be faithful to the original story.

Just did a little search on The Bionic Woman on Wikipedia.

While THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN (one of my favorites as a kid - and my son still has my Steve Austin ACTION FIGURE (I know, a man doll :) ) ran from 1974 - 1978 after several tv movies in 1973; the Bionic Woman only ran for 2 seasons; one on ABC and the second on NBC. Although they squeezed in 58 episodes in those 2 years.

It seemed like more to my memory, but heck, it was 30 years ago. NBC is obviously aiming for the older part of the 18 - 49 demographic. :D

220px-Bionicwoman.jpg

I remember when I watched Six Million Dollar Man and Bionic Woman, I always thought that why did they only have one bionic arm? Why not just cut off the other arm and make it bionic also!

Well at least the new bionic woman will have huge boobs of her own . I never understood why the origional Jamie didn't get her boobs supersized since she had everything else done on the government dime. She could of had lazors put in or machine guns jugglies to help her fight the bad guys.:D

Well at least the new bionic woman will have huge boobs of her own . I never understood why the origional Jamie didn't get her boobs supersized since she had everything else done on the government dime. She could of had lazors put in or machine guns jugglies to help her fight the bad guys.:D

Machine guns are so 70's.. think hi-tech! Since bionic woman has super hearing, she should get some kind of sonic weapons. Have you seen the parameter defense in "Lost"? Maybe bionic woman could just go "Sonic Boom!" like Guile in Street Fighter 2. ;)

Veteran actor Bruce McGill has joined the cast of NBC's upcoming BIONIC WOMAN, says Variety. McGill will be playing a high ranking operative who overseas the "bionic" project. He joins Michelle Ryan (Bionic Woman), Katee Sackhoff(villain/"original" bad bionic woman), Isaiah Washington and Lucy Hale.
Plot Summary: Jaime Sommers is a young woman working as bartender and raising her teenage sister, Becca. When she is hit by a car and seriously injured. Her only hope becomes an experimental and top secret procedure. But this salvation comes at a high price.
BIONIC WOMAN premieres on Wednesday September 26, 2007 at 9:00/8:00 CST on NBC.
Source: Mania - The Destination for Fans of Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Horror Entertainment.

Pretty good for NBC or pretty good for anyone else? Offhand, it is going to be hard for me to warm up to this remake. Speaking of...I just saw a commercial for the Bionic Woman - she's a hottie!

Pretty good for Network tv. I am not saying this will be my favrite show, but it is good.

It still needs to explain some stuff; and its necessary to get over wanting it to be like the original. She's not a tennis player; no OSI; no Oscar Goldman, no Steve Austin, etc.. Basically she is bionic, and her name is Jamie Somers, but other than that its a different show. But its pretty good.

She is hot - but sort of comes off looking like the girl next door.

Saw an interview with Katee Sackhoff on G4 TV about the evil bionic woman. They asked her how she feels to finally be able to play a Cylon. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)