NBC to Remake the Bionic Woman

The interview on G4 also said that there won't be any of the old familiar bionic soundtrack when they are doing bionic stuff. :( I miss those metal bending sounds! :p

‘Bionic Woman’ Highest-Rated New Show So Far; Beats ‘Private Practice’

Finally, the buzz paid off.
After a slew of much-hyped new shows premiered to merely average ratings, NBC’s heavily marketed “Bionic Woman” conquered a tough field of new and returning shows to win the Wednesday night battleground.
"Bionic" earned a 5.5 rating among adults 18 to 49, topping the premiere of ABC's "Grey's Anatomy" spinoff "Private Practice," which earned a 5.1. "Bionic" is the highest-rated freshman premiere so far this fall, with "Private" coming in second. "Bionic" won its hour despite "Private" having a stronger lead-in and ranks as the highest-rated Wednesday-night NBC series premiere since "The West Wing" in 1999.
“Bionic” fueled the debut of NBC’s cop drama “Life,” which earned a strong 4.1 rating to win the 10 p.m. hour and rank as the third best-rated new show. “Life” topped the season premiere of “CSI: NY” (3.7, down 26 percent from last year) and the debut of ABC’s “Dirty Sexy Money” (3.6, down 22 percent from the premiere of “The Nine” last year, which benefited from a stronger “Lost” lead-in).
The “Bionic” vs. “Private” showdown wounded the rest of the 9 p.m. field. CBS’ “Criminal Minds” was down 22 percent from last year to a 3.5, Fox’s “Kitchen Nightmares” dropped 22 percent in its second week to a 2.4 and The CW’s “Gossip Girl” fell 25 percent to an anorexic 1.2.
At 8 p.m., the “Dancing With the Stars” results show won the hour (an on-par 4.0), followed by the second week of “Kid Nation” (2.8, dropping 10 percent). NBC’s “Deal or No Deal” (2.6) and Fox’s “Back to You” (2.8, down 10 percent) and “Til Death” (2.4) followed. The CW’s “America’s Next Top Model” stayed strong with a 2.4.
Overall, ABC nudged out NBC for the nightly win by a tenth of a point, followed by CBS, Fox and The CW. Among total viewers, ABC's Wednesday night victory was more pronounced, and "Private" topped "Bionic" in overall audience.
Ever since the May upfronts when networks unveiled their fall schedules, Wednesdays have been the most-discussed night, given the intense array of competition. “Bionic” has topped buzz-tracking measures all summer, while the reputation of “Private Practice” was dented by a backdoor pilot that aired in May. In the past week, however, any sense that buzz produces viewers seemed to go out the window as the drumbeats of publicity for CBS’ “Kid Nation,” NBC’s “Chuck” and The CW’s “Reaper” went largely unheeded.
The only safe bet for breakout numbers seemed to be with returning hits, such as NBC’s “Heroes” and Fox’s “House.” Both “Bionic” and “Private” (the latter of which, had it aired on any other night, would have likely dominated headlines this morning) show that freshman premieres can still draw significant tune-in.

Source: Tvweek.com

As does Katee Sackoff ;)... 3rd time I have watched this in different forms... I like.

Yes, but thanks to UHD, I have seen her in HD before. ;)

And I am partial to brunettes. :D :D

I am looking forward to the second episode, to see where the show is actually going.

I have to say that I was quite surprised with the first episode. I recorded it but was not very enthusiastic to watch it at first. I sat down with the thought of watching the first 5 minutes and then hit the delete button. I was wrong the first episode caught my attention and I ended up watching the entire hour. It was quite good and very different than the first "bionic woman". I want to see where the story goes and so far it is a keeper.

Watching the first episdoe feels a little like watching a recap. They packed a lot of info into the first hour. I think the orginal may have been longer and some heavy editing was done. I agree that the show has an Alias feel to it.

The problem with the first episode is that they only were greenlighted for 9 shows to start with. So, they have to do 3 things at once in one hour (recruit Jamie Summers, train her, and do a mission). Not to mention having to at least try to do some back fill with the old bionic woman. If they had the go for the full season to start with they could have probably done a much better job with a story arc.

The problem with the first episode is that they only were greenlighted for 9 shows to start with. So, they have to do 3 things at once in one hour (recruit Jamie Summers, train her, and do a mission). Not to mention having to at least try to do some back fill with the old bionic woman. If they had the go for the full season to start with they could have probably done a much better job with a story arc.

That could explain why even with the second episode, things seem to happen so fast. They didn't even explain why that girl is immune to the poison gas. And why would that terrorist group go back to the crime scene? Isn't it sealed off? What are they doing there? Why risk explosure?

They didn't even explain why that girl is immune to the poison gas.

Actually they did speculate she had a natural immunity. I wouldn't expect a positive answer immediately and am presuming this whole story will come back in later episodes and we'll get more answers.

And why would that terrorist group go back to the crime scene? Isn't it sealed off? What are they doing there? Why risk explosure?

My guess is the girl is the answer to these questions. They went back in to grab her themselves, risking exposure. As for it being sealed off, they did comment in the show about a security breach and a distress call from one of the checkpoints outside town.

My guess is this will be a continuing plot point rather than a one time thing. But yes, it could have been better done.

The big plot hole in my mind is not why the terrorists came back, revealing their hand, but rather why would they bother to run a test on a small town when they had the gas ready to deploy on a larger scale?

Despite the problems with the show, I do find I'm hooked. I rather like the whole Sara Corvis angle and her interactions with Jaime.

I watched this week's episode. It was decent, but I have to admit, I have not been that impressed yet. And my kid, who I thought would love this show, is totally bored by it.

I am definitely liking Sara Corvis a lot better than Jamie. Jamie is so boring, she is like a young mom with bionic power. Sara got attitude and humor and got gut. It is so great that she used the gun when fighting those guys... it makes sense! :p It reminds me of the second Indiana Jones where he pulls out his gun and shoots the martial arts guy. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts