NBC's Esquire Network

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Plywodstatebum

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2004
A Secluded Beach In, Fl.
Does anyone know if D* is going to pick up the HD feed of Esquire anytime soon? I like to watch Mecum Auctions and now that NBC has the rights for the feeds it is in SD and it's real hard to watch on a RPTV. I don't know if the picture will get better with my New Samsung 65" LCD I'm picking up the 18th.

Thanks
Jack

No idea if they will add HD, but that channel is in the ultimate package which means it has much less viewership than other channels in Choice or Xtra.
I think its odds would be much better if the channel were in Xtra or lower.

Mecum auctions used to be carried by Marc Cuban's Axs Network, not Esquire. Esquire was what used to be Style Network. NBC Universal/CC & Hearst Networks each own a 50% share, due to Esquire is owned & published by Hearst publishing. The auctions are now being carried on NBCSN. Here is the schedule. http://www.mecum.com/auctions/schedule.cfm

Last edited:
Think I've also seen Mercum on Velocity and possibly others as well ...
It depended on the time. Velocity is what I was thinking of, for the channel that they always had them on. Used to be known as Discovery HD Theater. If I recall that before Voom got killed off, they were carrying Discovery HD, and Mark Cuban's networks.

The reasoning why it is no longer on Axs or Velocity, was due to Mercum was going to stop the whole live broadcast auctions. Looks though like they may be starting them back up, since they are showing them as available on NBCSn. I am thinking that a lot has to do with that Comcast is making NBCSN as a must carry. Where as not all markets have Mark Cuban's channels in all areas.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)