NC @ Duke is blacked out on ESPN right now!?!?!?

dishbd

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 4, 2007
What is up with that? I live in Atlanta, so that shouldn't matter. This is a nationally televised game on ESPN and it is blacked out on Dish? I guaranty this would not be blacked out on ESPN on cable. What is E* not allowed to show decent ACC matchups?

Just curious.

So why in Atlanta? Last time I checked North Carolina & Duke were both in the Raleigh-Durham market, a good 6 hours from here. This one just doesn't make any sense to me.

If you live in the ACC territory the game is blacked out. The game is available in syndication on your local Raycom channel.

OK, I have found it on one of my local channels in brilliant SD graininess. The ESPNHD version is probably a little better picture quality though.

Thank you for the explanation. These weird blackout rules suck.

So why in Atlanta? Last time I checked North Carolina & Duke were both in the Raleigh-Durham market, a good 6 hours from here. This one just doesn't make any sense to me.

You have a local team, the Georgia Tech Yellow-Jackets which are a member of the ACC.

Even in the Triangle, the heart of ACC country, we had to suffer through watching the game in SD while the rest of the nation got to enjoy our teams in HD (except other ACC markets). Its even worse during the ACC Tournament. Whole country gets to see it in HD except those of us here in ACCland. Raycom has the sole contract with the ACC to provide these games in our markets and they don't broadcast in HD...period. They say its because they syndicate to so many different stations, using different HD broadcast protocols, that they cannot provide one signal that all can use. I say this is BS. We can send a man to the moon...in 1969 no less...but we can't fix this? The answer is that Swofford and the ACC Office need to grow a pair and make HD broadcast a requirement in all future contract agreements!

I live in an ACC area (DC metro area), but I was able to watch the Duke vs. UNC game even with UVA playing another team. Strange how this blackout rule is blocking certain people.

It was blacked out on DISH for MD zip 21784, I had to tune in channel 20 OTA.

BTW, Raycom claims they will have HD in place in time for the ACC tourney.

I live in ACC territory in FL and I've never seen a game blacked out on ESPN. I watched UNC with a great comeback last night against the Dookies.

Edit: Oh, I forgot to mention...in Glorious HD!

Well I did get to see the last 10 minutes in HD. The blackout is tied to the program guide times, so if it runs over, it comes back on. :)

Just blame the ACC - that's what you get for rooting for teams in the AntiChrist Conference...

<-- ducks :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)