NCAA 2009-2010 The Bowls

-Is it me or is Nick Saban the hardest guy on the planet to root for? I don't think I've ever seen him smile. Not when he got Gatorade dumped on him, not after the final seconds wore off the clock, not during the post game press conference. He just seems like a jerk.
He's a jerk because he won't smile ? :rolleyes:

He's a great coach, like it or not, he wins everywhere he goes . (in college).

Bilacheck never smiles, is he a jerk because of it too ?

He's a jerk because he won't smile ? :rolleyes:

He's a great coach, like it or not, he wins everywhere he goes . (in college).

Bilacheck never smiles, is he a jerk because of it too ?

Yeah, I was wondering about that comment too, but didnt want to make a big deal out of it. Its his nature. Doesnt make him a jerk, IMO anyway.

Dont get me wrong, he may be one, but not smiling, on the job (most dont see him in other settings) doesnt make him one.

The one bad thing about last night? Now we have to wait 8 months or so for the season to start back up :(

Did I mention the SEC is 4 straight National champions? Did I mention the SEC won 2 BCS bowls in commanding fashion this year? Did I mention the SEC had a winning record in bowl games this year? Did I also mention not counting this year the SEC is

38-22 in bowl games since 2001?

Big 10: 22-34
Pac10: 26-19
Big12: 31-31
Big East: 17-13
MWC: 17-13
MAC: 7-15

Ill work on this years numbers later.. But im just saying...

See everyone in 8 months!!

The one bad thing about last night? Now we have to wait 8 months or so for the season to start back up :(

Did I mention the SEC is 4 straight National champions? Did I mention the SEC won 2 BCS bowls in commanding fashion this year? Did I mention the SEC had a winning record in bowl games this year? Did I also mention not counting this year the SEC is

38-22 in bowl games since 2001?

Big 10: 22-34
Pac10: 26-19
Big12: 31-31
Big East: 17-13
MWC: 17-13
MAC: 7-15

Ill work on this years numbers later.. But im just saying...

See everyone in 8 months!!

Your gone for 8 months ?
Ya right !

Did I mention that the Big Ten did pretty damn well this year !

Congrats Bama fans, although it pained me to see that last night and think what might have been. Oh well, so goes the world of the sports fan.

"Oh what might have been" ... and
blah.gif
I was referring to what might have been had Saban remained at LSU. :(

Last edited:
Scary thought!

Ill probably be saying the same thing in 4 or so years:D
You never know with Saban. I think the reason he comes off as a jerk (or unhappy ahole at times) is because of his drive to go one step further. He doesn't take the time to enjoy the present that much.

But, who knows, maybe he's finally satisfied - or his next goal is to out-legend the Bear :eek: (but I doubt it :)).

You never know with Saban. I think the reason he comes off as a jerk (or unhappy ahole at times) is because of his drive to go one step further. He doesn't take the time to enjoy the present that much.

But, who knows, maybe he's finally satisfied - or his next goal is to out-legend the Bear :eek: (but I doubt it :)).

You know, I was having this discussion with a friend of mine the other day, and we came to the same conclusion. He is so driven that his lighter side doesnt come out in public as much. His players say that he was VERY excited with the win, and jokes around from time to time with them in practice. I dont think he is as bad around those close to him as he comes across in public. Although I have no experience with the man to say for sure.

I would love for him to finally be satisfied, but like you said, you never know with Saban. The man loves a challenge.

All in all, whatever he does, he got us back, so Im happy.

No....he comes off as a jerk because he is a complete a$$hole! I have a few media friends that cover the Dolphins and the way he treated staff is stuff of legends! The way he lied about things down here, they made SONGS about.

Yep, good ole O'Saban Bin Lying will be remembered well down here.:rolleyes:

Well his current and former players at Bama will dispute that, but hey, each have different views I guess.

Looks like Bama had a hurt QB as well

McElroy played title game with injured rib - College Football - Rivals.com

Alabama quarterback Greg McElroy played the national championship game with a hairline crack in at least one rib.

Crimson Tide coach Nick Saban said Friday that the injury was “a little bit of a nuisance” to McElroy at times. But he said the quarterback never came close to having to leave the Tide’s 37-21 victory over Texas on Thursday night.

...The way he lied about things down here, they made SONGS about.

Yep, good ole O'Saban Bin Lying will be remembered well down here.
Don't forget where all that started. ;)

He was an ahole to the media in Baton Rouge too, but I don't remember anyone saying he treated the staff at LSU bad...although he may have. I agree, he is an a$$hole...no matter how good of a college coach he is.

No....he comes off as a jerk because he is a complete a$$hole! I have a few media friends that cover the Dolphins and the way he treated staff is stuff of legends! The way he lied about things down here, they made SONGS about.

Yep, good ole O'Saban Bin Lying will be remembered well down here.:rolleyes:

Well his current and former players at Bama will dispute that, but hey, each have different views I guess.

There's a HUGE difference between the College game and the NFL....
Maybe that has something to do with it.

I loved it when he was coaching here. :)

There's a HUGE difference between the College game and the NFL....
Maybe that has something to do with it.

I loved it when he was coaching here. :)
Oh, he's a great coach. Any fan would love to have him coaching their team (I wish like heck he was still at LSU). It's just that his hot-headedness seems to go further than the playing field at times and he's an outright a$$hole towards some people, fans and media included. There's no need for that.

As far as the differences from pro to college, the pro players didn't take his in-your-face intimidating style that works so well for him at the college level. No doubt a big reason he ran out on the Dolphins.

Oh, he's a great coach. Any fan would love to have him coaching their team (I wish like heck he was still at LSU). It's just that his hot-headedness seems to go further than the playing field at times and he's an outright a$$hole towards some people, fans and media included. There's no need for that.

As far as the differences from pro to college, the pro players didn't take his in-your-face intimidating style that works so well for him at the college level. No doubt a big reason he ran out on the Dolphins.

In college, the Coach always has the leverage.
In the Pro's the players do.
They players also make more money than the coaches so they normally feel they don't need a coach or any advice for that matter. Thats not ALL players, but there are enough of them that feel that way.

In college, the Coach always has the leverage.
In the Pro's the players do.
They players also make more money than the coaches so they normally feel they don't need a coach or any advice for that matter. Thats not ALL players, but there are enough of them that feel that way.
Yep. Doesn't work well when the coach is a control freak. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts