NCAA College Basketball 2009-10 Season

I mean if Marshall had 27 wins....and UNC had 21 actual wins...WHO do you think will get in?
It's not the number of wins that matter. Look at a team's RPI number. That will tell you whether they deserve to get in or not. My guess is that if Marshall doesn't win their conference they're going nowhere. And if Carolina somehow managed to get 20 wins they'd have to beat some good teams to do it.

It's not the number of wins that matter. Look at a team's RPI number. That will tell you whether they deserve to get in or not. My guess is that if Marshall doesn't win their conference they're going nowhere. And if Carolina somehow managed to get 20 wins they'd have to beat some good teams to do it.

yep....and the name North Carolina Tar Heels from the basketball power conference of the ACC...has pull!

They do not have the pull that the UNCs, Kentuckys, Arizonas, UConns and Indianas of the world have.
I don't think anyone has that much pull as you say. Kentucky didn't get any special treatment last year. Indiana's history hasn't done them any good in recent years. UConn missed the tournament a few years ago, and Carolina didn't get in either back in 03 even though we beat the likes of Kansas, Stanford, UConn, dook and Maryland that season.

They won't be in the top 25 after the next poll comes out.

They do not have the pull that the UNCs, Kentuckys, Arizonas, UConns and Indianas of the world have.
Aren't they in the Big East? Isn't a large percentage of the population and media based in the East? I think teams out west, including the Pac10, have a short shrist in college sports, but not teams in the East.:D

Kentucky is putting a hurting on Arkansas, 72-29 with 15 minutes still left. :eek:

Norman Chad, writing for the Washington Times, said yesterday that once John Calipari has his third Final Four appearance vacated, he will have set the hardest sports record of all time to break...

Meanwhile, enroute:

Kentucky coach John Calipari joined Frank McGuire (North Carolina, South Carolina and St. John's) as the only coaches in college basketball history to get three schools to the top of the polls. Calipari also coached Memphis and Massachusetts to No. 1 status.

- ESPN.com

Kentucky #1 :D

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/rankings"]Moved Permanently[/ame]

Watchable games tonight:

7:00 PM Georgetown-Syracuse ESPN (Big East old school!)
9:00 PM Missouri-Kansas ESPN

Enjoy!

Sandra

LSU's Tiger Stadium to Feature Purple Field Turf in '10

Tiger Woods Will Play Masters

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)