NCAA College Basketball 2009-10 Season

Duke beats UNC by 32.

I had a bad feeling about this game for the Heels a month ago- this was even worse than I thought.

Anders, unless UNC pulls off a miracle in the tourney, they're going to the NIT or the College Basketball Invitational or (gulp) the CollegeInsider.com Postseason Tournament.
This team disgusts me. I hate them nearly as much as I hate dook. Every player should either transfer or be expelled. They aren't worthy to wear the Carolina jersey. :mad::mad::mad:

Watchable games this weekend...Holy Dick Vitale, there are a lot!!!

Friday
6:30 PM Kennessaw St-East Tennessee St ESPN Full Court (Atlantic Sun Conference Semifinal)
7:00 PM Murray St-Eastern Illinois ESPN U (Ohio Valley Conference semifinal)
9:00 PM Morehead St-Tennessee Tech ESPN U (Ohio Valley Conference semifinal)
9:00 PM Mercer-Jacksonville ESPN Full Court (Atlantic Sun semifinal)

Saturday
12:00 PM Florida St-Miami (FL) ESPN 2
12:00 PM West Virginia-Villanova CBS
1:30 PM Maryland-Virginia ESPN Full Court
2:00 PM Kansas-Missouri CBS
2:00 PM Notre Dame-Marquette ESPN Full Court
2:00 PM Syracuse-Louisville ESPN
2:30 PM Friday night winners Fox Sports Midwest, CSN Chicago (Missouri Valley Conference semifinals)
4:00 PM Texas-Baylor ESPN
4:00 PM Virginia Tech-Georgia Tech ESPN Full Court
4:00 PM Winthrop-Coastal Carolina ESPN 2 (Big South Conference championship)
5:00 PM Friday night winners Fox Sports Midwest, CSN Chicago (Missouri Valley Conference semifinals)
6:00 PM Iowa St-Kansas St Altitude, ESPN Full Court
6:00 PM Friday night winners ESPN 2 (Atlantic Sun Conference championship)
6:00 PM Tennessee-Mississipi St ESPN
8:00 PM Friday night winners ESPN 2 (Ohio Valley Conference championship)
8:00 PM Butler-UW Milwaukee/Cleveland St ESPN U (Horizon Conference semifinals)
9:00 PM North Carolina-Duke ESPN

And if you really want to watch a game with the LOUDEST crowd, played at 9 PM EST Saturday...tune in to the New Mexico St-Utah St game on ESPN Full Court. Cameron will be loud on Saturday...but the Spectrum in Logan, Utah will be absolutely ROCKING! The Spectrum holds more people than Cameron and, more importantly, Cameron seats 1,500 students while the Spectrum seats over 6,000 in their student section. They take up half the arena...and they're truly crazy, with all of their rituals, chants, and everything else they do at every game. There is a reason Utah State does not lose at home. And it's not just because they have the cutest cheerleader in college basketball...

This is the loudest crowd in all of college basketball (even louder than New Mexico), it's senior night (the Lobos have only one senior but he's a good one...point guard Jared Quayle), and they've just clinched the number one seed in the WAC tournament. A win Saturday night and a trip to the WAC finals should be enough for Utah State to go dancing. At that point, even with a loss in the conference tournament finals, they would be 30-7. A conference tournament win should give them a good seed. Bring on the big boys!

Sunday
12:00 PM Florida-Kentucky CBS
2:00 PM Saturday winners CBS (Missouri Valley Conference championship)
2:00 PM Wisconsin-Illinois ESPN
2:00 PM Long Island-Quinnipiac MSG, FCS Central (Northeast Conference semifinals)
3:00 PM Saturday winners CSN New England, ESPN Full Court (Colonial Athletic Association semifinals)
4:30 PM Saturday winners MSG, MASN, FCS Atlantic, ESPN Full Court (Metro Atlanti Conference semifinals)
5:00 PM Saturday winners ESPN Full Court (America East Conference semifinals)
5:30 PM Saturday winners CSN New England, ESPN Full Court (Colonial Athletic Association semifinals)
6:00 PM Clemson-Wake Forest Fox Sports Net
6:00 PM Saturday winners FCS Atlantic, ESPN Full Court (Southern Conference semifinals)
6:30 PM Saturday winners MSG, MASN, FCS Atlantic, ESPN Full Court (Metro Atlanti Conference semifinals)
7:30 PM Saturday winners ESPN Full Court (America East Conference semifinals)
8:00 PM American-Lehigh CBS College Sports (Patriot League semifinals)
8:30 PM Gonzaga-TBA ESPN 2 (West Coast Conference semifinals)
8:30 PM Saturday winners FCS Atlantic, ESPN Full Court (Southern Conference semifinals)
10:30 PM St Mary's-TBA ESPN 2 (West Coast Conference semifinals)

Enjoy!

Sandra

Sandra - you're not allowed to talk up your East Buttmunch St games, if you can't even get the opponent right :) New Mexico St IS NOT the Lobos, that would be the University of New Mexico.

Sorry - bad mood, understandable, I think...

Sandra - you're not allowed to talk up your East Buttmunch St games, if you can't even get the opponent right :) New Mexico St IS NOT the Lobos, that would be the University of New Mexico.

Yes they're Aggies, just not a crazy bunch of farmers (whoops that's 'Lobo' not 'Loco').:D

Don't be hatin' just because your team stinks...:p

Good luck in the NIT!

Sandra

We beat them in our last meeting, that's all I have.

Now, it was in 2000, I believe, but still. (NCAA tourney)

Watchable games tonight:

6:30 PM Northern Colorado-Montana St Altitude (Big Sky Conference Semifinal)
7:00 PM Troy - North Texas ESPN 2 (Sun Belt Conference Championship)
9:00 PM Wright St-Butler ESPN (Horizon League Championship)
9:00 PM Weber St-Portland Altitude 2 (Big Sky Conference Semifinal)
9:00 PM Oakland-IUPUI ESPN 2 (Summit League Championship)

Enjoy!

Sandra

Watchable games tonight:

6:30 PM Northern Colorado-Montana St Altitude (Big Sky Conference Semifinal)
7:00 PM Troy - North Texas ESPN 2 (Sun Belt Conference Championship)
9:00 PM Wright St-Butler ESPN (Horizon League Championship)
9:00 PM Weber St-Portland Altitude 2 (Big Sky Conference Semifinal)
9:00 PM Oakland-IUPUI ESPN 2 (Summit League Championship)

Enjoy!

Sandra
These are watchable games and UConn-St. John's in the Garden isn't. What a country!

If U-Conn played whomever wins the NCAAs this year, I'd say they would have a 30 to 40% chance of winning that game. Funny team.

If U-Conn played whomever wins the NCAAs this year, I'd say they would have a 30 to 40% chance of winning that game. Funny team.

Exactly. We've played these likely high seeds:

@Cuse - Lost close (bogus TO call - thanks John Cahill!)
KY - Lost close
Duke - Lost
WVU - won
@Nova - won
Texas - won

Exactly. We've played these likely high seeds:

@Cuse - Lost close (bogus TO call - thanks John Cahill!)
KY - Lost close
Duke - Lost
WVU - won
@Nova - won
Texas - won
I wouldn't include Texas on that list. They have completely collapsed. UConn exposed them as pretenders. I bet Texas winds up with a 7 or 8 seed now.

Fine, but that's still 3 likely 1 seeds, and a 2 or 3. wow. :)
Whatever. Carolina played largely the same schedule, got a couple of upsets, but got our asses handed to us more times than I care to remember. UConn's no different.

Serving of crow, coming right up.

Wow, we suck.

I feel bad for you, but honestly, it was going to be rough sledding- it's hard to fill the shoes of Thabeet and Price.

On the other spectrum- that was a pretty good performance by the Red Storm. (Congrats to this site's member who graduated from SJU)

LSU's Tiger Stadium to Feature Purple Field Turf in '10

Tiger Woods Will Play Masters

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)