NCAA College Basketball 2009-10 Season

Watchable games today/tonight:

12:00 PM Syracuse-Georgetown ESPN (Big East Old School Conference Quarterfinals)
12:30 PM Kansas-Texas Tech ESPN 2 (Big 12 Conference Quarterfinals)
2:00 PM Villanova-Marquette ESPN (Big East Conference Quarterfinals)
7:00 PM Stephen F Austin - Texas A&M Corpus Christi ESPN Full Court (Southland Conference Quarterfinals)
7:00 PM Pittsburgh-Notre Dame ESPN (Big East Conference Quarterfinals)
7:00 PM Kansas St-Oklahoma St MASN, Altitude, ESPN Full Court (Big 12 Conference Quarterfinals)
9:00 PM West Virginia-Cincinnati ESPN (Big East Conference Quarterfinals)
9:30 PM Sam Houston St-Southeastern Louisiana ESPN Full Court (Southland Conference Semifinals)
9:30 PM Clemson-North Carolina St Sunshine Network, ESPN Full Court (Atlantic Coast Conference Quarterfinals)
9:30 PM Baylor-Texas ESPN 2 (Big 12 Conference Quarterfinals)

Enjoy!

Sandra

Watchable games today/tonight:

12:00 PM Syracuse-Georgetown ESPN (Big East Old School Conference Quarterfinals)
12:30 PM Kansas-Texas Tech ESPN 2 (Big 12 Conference Quarterfinals)
2:00 PM Villanova-Marquette ESPN (Big East Conference Quarterfinals)
7:00 PM Stephen F Austin - Texas A&M Corpus Christi ESPN Full Court (Southland Conference Quarterfinals)
7:00 PM Pittsburgh-Notre Dame ESPN (Big East Conference Quarterfinals)
7:00 PM Kansas St-Oklahoma St MASN, Altitude, ESPN Full Court (Big 12 Conference Quarterfinals)
9:00 PM West Virginia-Cincinnati ESPN (Big East Conference Quarterfinals)
9:30 PM Sam Houston St-Southeastern Louisiana ESPN Full Court (Southland Conference Semifinals)
9:30 PM Clemson-North Carolina St Sunshine Network, ESPN Full Court (Atlantic Coast Conference Quarterfinals)
9:30 PM Baylor-Texas ESPN 2 (Big 12 Conference Quarterfinals)

Enjoy!

Sandra

No SEC games? Are none of them on National TV? I thought ESPN was supposed to show their games. :mad:

No SEC games? Are none of them on National TV? I thought ESPN was supposed to show their games. :mad:

1) All of the SEC games stink today.
2) ESPN gets taken over by a real conference during Championship Week. :angel:

Seriously, though - you've got the top 4 seeds coming into NY today, and the non-top-4 in the SEC - Thinking ESPN is covering these nationally = Fail.

It's on ESPN360 in pixelvision. Enjoy! :)

1) All of the SEC games stink today.
2) ESPN gets taken over by a real conference during Championship Week. :angel:

Seriously, though - you've got the top 4 seeds coming into NY today, and the non-top-4 in the SEC - Thinking ESPN is covering these nationally = Fail.

It's on ESPN360 in pixelvision. Enjoy! :)
LMAO! Seriously the SEC Tournament is so stupid. They award byes to the top 2 teams in each division, as if that matters. That means Tennessee, who is the 3rd best team in the conference has to play a 1st round game today, while Ole Miss and Mississippi St who are the 5th and 6th best teams get a bye. This is what happens when you let a football conference run a basketball tournament. I'm surprised they didn't seed the teams based on last year's BCS rankings. :rolleyes:

So - true or false

An ACC team will make it past the sweet 16.

I say no. Why? No Greensboro / Raleigh / Charlotte / Research Triangle regional this year.

THANK GOD.

Georgetown leading Syracuse with under 5 mins left, and Arinze Onuwaku out with what could be a serious knee injury.

There are four first round games on ESPN Full Court today, none of them worth watching IMHO. Tomorrow's quarterfinal games are also on ESPN Full Court, I'll make my call on them tomorrow morning! :)

Saturday's semifinals and Sunday's championship are all on ABC. Definitely worth watching.

Sandra

It's over. Georgetown wins. They shot 69% in the 2nd half. These guys are terrific to watch when they're on.

Georgetown is terrific to watch when they're on.

The Hoyas are one of the hardest teams to figure out this season- they have great wins (this, Villanova, Duke), but horrendous losses (South Florida, Rutgers).

When they're hot, they're awesome (see the Duke and Villanova blowouts), but when they're off- duck and cover.

They're going to be the wackiest team to figure out in the tourney- they are as capable of being a Final Four sleeper as they are of being one-and-done.

(BTW, Salsa- this may be a blessing in disguise. The year they won it all- 2003- they didn't win the Big East tourney. By contrast, the teams that won the 2005 and 2006 tourneys were both one-and-done in the Big Dance. Just ask UNC last year- losing the conference tourney is not as big a deal as losing in the big dance)

Last edited:
Villanova goes down to Marquette- the top two teams in the Big East lose their tourney opener for the second straight year.

(That'll make for an interesting semifinal game on Friday between the Hoyas and Golden Eagles)

Props to Marquette. They lose are the king of the close loss. Today they get the win. And they are doing exactly what a bubble should be doing. See you in the Dance.

Bad move by CBS College Sports

So I was enjoying the San Diego State-Colorado State game on CBS College Sports, which was showing the Mountain West Network feed. Tight game, about 5 minutes to play, and what happens? CBS-College Sports switches to the tip of the Tulsa-Marshall Conference USA tournament game. No switching back, no update from the studio. So I go to the Mountain West Web site and follow the SDSU-CSU game on their Gametracker. And I am bombarded with ads for CBS College Sports, imploring me to watch the game on their channel.

Uh, way to compete with ESPN, guys!

So I was enjoying the San Diego State-Colorado State game on CBS College Sports, which was showing the Mountain West Network feed. Tight game, about 5 minutes to play, and what happens? CBS-College Sports switches to the tip of the Tulsa-Marshall Conference USA tournament game. No switching back, no update from the studio. So I go to the Mountain West Web site and follow the SDSU-CSU game on their Gametracker. And I am bombarded with ads for CBS College Sports, imploring me to watch the game on their channel.

Uh, way to compete with ESPN, guys!

:welcome to the site

Yeah, that was stupid of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts