NCAA College Basketball 2009-10 Season

Georgia Tech slams the door shut on UNC's season.

In retrospect, I find it hard to believe they beat Ohio State AND Michigan State.
You knew that 10 point halftime lead was too good to be true. Other than Tyler Zeller I hope nobody else comes back.

So I was enjoying the San Diego State-Colorado State game on CBS College Sports, which was showing the Mountain West Network feed. Tight game, about 5 minutes to play, and what happens? CBS-College Sports switches to the tip of the Tulsa-Marshall Conference USA tournament game. No switching back, no update from the studio. So I go to the Mountain West Web site and follow the SDSU-CSU game on their Gametracker. And I am bombarded with ads for CBS College Sports, imploring me to watch the game on their channel.

Uh, way to compete with ESPN, guys!
That sucks but it's no surprise. CBS does the same thing constantly also.

The Hoyas are one of the hardest teams to figure out this season- they have great wins (this, Villanova, Duke), but horrendous losses (South Florida, Rutgers).

When they're hot, they're awesome (see the Duke and Villanova blowouts), but when they're off- duck and cover.

They're going to be the wackiest team to figure out in the tourney- they are as capable of being a Final Four sleeper as they are of being one-and-done.

(BTW, Salsa- this may be a blessing in disguise. The year they won it all- 2003- they didn't win the Big East tourney. By contrast, the teams that won the 2005 and 2006 tourneys were both one-and-done in the Big Dance. Just ask UNC last year- losing the conference tourney is not as big a deal as losing in the big dance)

Believe it or not....I TOTALLY FORGOT about the game. I have been under the weather with the flu and I was basically drugged up all day. But I read what happened and what I am REALLY worried about is Arinze Onuaku’s right knee. The 'Cuse will not get to the FF without him. He is so big and dominant in the paint....it makes everyone else that much more affective.

And truth be told, the ONLY teams that could upset the 'Cuse in the tourney would be a Big East team because they see Syracuse's zone so much. A team that has rarely seen it or has never seen it has no real clue how to tackle it.

...I am crossing my fingers....

Any chance WVU gets a #1 seed?

I think Kansas, Kentucky, and Syracuse are locks- that final #1 seed is up for grabs between four teams (West Virginia, Duke, Kansas State, Ohio Stat)

Any chance WVU gets a #1 seed?

I think Kansas, Kentucky, and Syracuse are locks- that final #1 seed is up for grabs between four teams (West Virginia, Duke, Kansas State, Ohio Stat)
They are way more deserving than Ohio St. I think they get it if they win the BE tournament.

Thanks for the welcome, Ramy!

Yeah, this isn't a total surprise, given how nonsensical sports programming can be, but it still makes no sense. What, does CBS have some kind of contractual obligation with the C-USA to show all of their tournament games in their entirety? And if so, why would CBS make such a deal? Some things are hard to figure.

Sorry to enter on such a sour note, but I couldn't let this one go!

LMAO! Seriously the SEC Tournament is so stupid. They award byes to the top 2 teams in each division, as if that matters. That means Tennessee, who is the 3rd best team in the conference has to play a 1st round game today, while Ole Miss and Mississippi St who are the 5th and 6th best teams get a bye. This is what happens when you let a football conference run a basketball tournament. I'm surprised they didn't seed the teams based on last year's BCS rankings. :rolleyes:

That is such a good idea I just fired off a email to the commissioner to make that suggestion. :D

Saturday's semifinals and Sunday's championship are all on ABC. Definitely worth watching.
WTH?!?
The SEC gets it's games on ABC, while the Big East and ACC are regulated to cable?

I can understand that for football, but other than Kentucky & Vandy, the SEC is hardly know for basketball.

So I was enjoying the San Diego State-Colorado State game on CBS College Sports, which was showing the Mountain West Network feed. Tight game, about 5 minutes to play, and what happens? CBS-College Sports switches to the tip of the Tulsa-Marshall Conference USA tournament game. No switching back, no update from the studio. So I go to the Mountain West Web site and follow the SDSU-CSU game on their Gametracker. And I am bombarded with ads for CBS College Sports, imploring me to watch the game on their channel.

Uh, way to compete with ESPN, guys!

I had turned to that game to watch the end of it. I was shocked they turned away from it. That's about as poor as it gets. No wonder CBS College Sports is still bush league TV.

Watchable games today/tonight. Get the popcorn ready!

12:00 PM Duke-Virginia ESPN 2 (ACC Quarterfinals)
12:00 PM Ohio St-Michigan ESPN (Big Ten Conference Quarterfinals)
1:00 PM Kentucky-Alabama Altitude, Comcast Sportsnet California, ESPN Full Court (SEC Quarterfinals)
2:30 PM Virginia Tech-Miami (FL) ESPN 2 (ACC Quarterfinals)
2:30 PM Wisconsin-Illinois ESPN (Big Ten Conference Quarterfinals)
3:30 PM Mississippi-Tennessee Altitude, Comcast Sportsnet California, ESPN Full Court (SEC Quarterfinals)
4:00 PM Tulsa-UTEP CBS College Sports (Conference USA Semifinals)
4:45 PM Lafayette-Lehigh ESPN 2 (Patriot League Championship)
6:30 PM Purdue-Northwestern Big Ten Network (Big Ten Conference Quarterfinals)
6:30 PM Southern Miss-Houston CBS College Sports (Conference USA Semifinals)
6:30 PM Xavier-Dayton FS Ohio (Atlantic 10 Conference Quarterfinals)
7:00 PM Georgetown-Marquette ESPN (Big East Conference Semifinals)
7:00 PM Kansas-Texas A&M MASN, Altitude 2, ESPN Full Court (Big 12 Conference Semifinals)
7:00 PM Maryland-Georgia Tech ESPN (ACC Quarterfinals)
7:00 PM Western Michigan-Akron FS Ohio Plus, ESPN Full Court (MAC Semifinals)
7:30 PM Mississippi St-Florida Comcast Sportsnet California, ESPN Full Court (SEC Quarterfinals)
9:00 PM Michigan St-Minnesota Big Ten Network (Big Ten Conference Quarterfinals)
9:00 PM New Mexico-San Diego St CBS College Sports (Mountain West Conference Semifinals)
9:00 PM UCLA-California Fox Sports Net (Pacific 10 Conference Semifinals)
9:30 PM Florida St-North Carolina St ESPN 2 (ACC Quarterfinals)
9:30 PM Kansas St-Baylor MASN, Altitude 2, ESPN Full Court (Big 12 Conference Semifinals)
9:30 PM Notre Dame-West Virginia ESPN (Big East Conference Semifinals)
9:30 PM Ohio-Miami (OH) FS Ohio Plus, ESPN Full Court
9:30 PM UC Santa Barbara-UC Davis ESPN U (Big West Conference Semifinals)
11:30 PM BYU-UNLV CBS College Sports (Mountain West Conference Semifinals)
11:30 PM Stanford-Washington Fox Sports Net (Pacific 10 Conference Semifinals)
12:00 AM Nevada-New Mexico St ESPN 2 (WAC Semifinals)
12:00 AM Pacific-Long Beach St ESPN U (Big West Conference Semifinals)

Whew! Gentlemen, that is 14 straight hours of basketball!!!

Enjoy!

Sandra

Anyone know of a way to watch Comcast Sportsnet on my Moto Droid cell phone?

Watchable games Saturday/Sunday:

Saturday
11:30 AM Conference USA Championship CBS
12:00 PM Hartford-Vermont ESPN 2 (America East Conference Championship)
1:00 PM SEC Semifinals ABC
1:00 PM Atlantic 10 Conference Semifinals CBS College Sports
1:30 PM Big Ten Conference Semifinals CBS
1:30 PM ACC Semifinals ESPN
2:00 PM MEAC Championship ESPN 2
3:30 PM SEC Semifinals ABC
3:30 PM ACC Semifinals ESPN
4:00 PM Stephen F Austin-Sam Houston St ESPN 2 (Southland Conference Championship)
4:00 PM Big Ten Conference Semifinals CBS
4:00 PM Atlantic 10 Conference Semifinals CBS College Sports
6:00 PM Pacific 10 Conference Championship CBS
6:00 PM Mid American Conference Championshp ESPN 2
6:00 PM Big 12 Conference Championship ESPN
7:00 PM Mountain West Conference Championship Versus
8:00 PM Big West Conference Championship ESPN 2
8:30 PM SWAC Championship ESPN U
9:00 PM Big East Conference Championship ESPN
10:00 PM WAC Championship ESPN 2

Sunday
1:00 PM ACC Championship ESPN
1:00 PM Atlantic 10 Conference Championship CBS
1:00 PM SEC Championship ABC
3:30 PM Big Ten Conference Championship CBS

Enjoy!

Sandra

Wife's alumn (Ohio U.) upset my alumn (Kent State) last night. What a bummer. Now I have to listen to her sass all weekend!

I narrowly dodged this myself. My wife's alma mater (Fairfield) almost made the NCAA's, and my team clearly didn't :)