NCAA College Basketball 2009-10 Season

Ga Tech managed to make it past the bubble by winning 2 games and getting into the ACC Championship Game. Now to see if the team that has made a living underachieving this year can manage to knock off Duke for the title.

They managed to beat Duke at the Tit earlier this year, so they know they can win against them.

West Virginia beats Georgetown! Go Mountaineers

Simply amazing how much having those extra 2 players on the floor in the second half helped out, wasn't it? WAIT! Those were officials, not extra players. They actually contributed more to WVu's win more than some of the players did. :D

Ga Tech managed to make it past the bubble by winning 2 games and getting into the ACC Championship Game. Now to see if the team that has made a living underachieving this year can manage to knock off Duke for the title.

They managed to beat Duke at the Tit earlier this year, so they know they can win against them.

I hope Favors keeps propping us up, and the dookies go down in a barrage of flames. That would upset some at ESPN, but keep us happy. :D

For those of you who didn't see what I am gloating about, the Buckeyes were down by 2 pts with 2.2 seconds remaining in the game. The Buckeyes had to advance the ball all the way down the court and make a 3 to win. They did exactly than when Evan Turner made a 40'+ shot to win the game against our arch rival, Michigan Wolverines....

Turner's Desperation 3 Sinks Michigan - ESPN Video - ESPN

I wonder if they will make that shot available in a wallpaper as my wife has been talking about redoing the dining room and am absolutely sure that would suit her to a tee. Was an awesome shot, but wish they had not been in position to need it. tOSU seems to only play as good as the competition, no better, no worse. With the talent they have, they should play much better.

My 4 #1 seeds are still:

Kansas
Kentucky
Duke
Syracuse
That sounds right. Here's the stupid thing though. In a couple of hours none of it matters. People always make a big deal about being a #1 seed, but it doesn't really mean anything. A 2 seed is just as good as a 1 seed. You still have to win 4 games to get to the FF, and if the seeds hold up the 1 and 2 have to play each other in the regional final. Being a 1 seed just entitles you to wear your home jersey in every game, and last I checked that has never won any games.

That sounds right. Here's the stupid thing though. In a couple of hours none of it matters. People always make a big deal about being a #1 seed, but it doesn't really mean anything. A 2 seed is just as good as a 1 seed. You still have to win 4 games to get to the FF, and if the seeds hold up the 1 and 2 have to play each other in the regional final. Being a 1 seed just entitles you to wear your home jersey in every game, and last I checked that has never won any games.

No, but having HOME advantage does go a long way , not saying it will happen again, but previous years Duke, NC have had games around the corner from home.

No, but having HOME advantage does go a long way , not saying it will happen again, but previous years Duke, NC have had games around the corner from home.
That's not just for 1 seeds. Any team that is seeded 1-4 can be placed close to home. For instance there is a 1st round site in Buffalo. Syracuse will be there regardless of whether they are a 1 or a 2 seed.

*slips on flame suit*

I swear the Big Ten's style of play is borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring!!!!!!!!!
they may have a team advance to Indy but still style point are low there
copy.png
favicon.ico

also my FF picks are
Syracuse
Kansas- champion
Michigan St
Tennessee I always like to pick at least one under the radar team

*slips on flame suit*

I swear the Big Ten's style of play is borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring!!!!!!!!!
they may have a team advance to Indy but still style point are low there
copy.png
favicon.ico

also my FF picks are
Syracuse
Kansas- champion
Michigan St
Tennessee I always like to pick at least one under the radar team

If they have more points on the board at the end of the game, don't they STILL WIN ?
Or are they dissed like in Football in basketball too.

Lack of style point deducts 10 points ?

Evan Turner is one of the BEST in the country ....

You call him boring ?

Announcer just mentioned the Bucks "Free Wheeling" style, how can that be boring ?

If they have more points on the board at the end of the game, don't they STILL WIN ?
Or are they dissed like in Football in basketball too.

Lack of style point deducts 10 points ?
That should be a new rule. Thanks Jimbo. :D

Other new rules. No flopping, and that means you dook! If you airball a free throw deduct 5 points and player is ejected.

VERY impressive win for the Buckeyes- they have the look of a Final Four caliber team.

Does this team look scarier/more likely to make a deep tourney run than the Oden/Conley team that almost won it all in 2007?

VERY impressive win for the Buckeyes- they have the look of a Final Four caliber team.

Does this team look scarier/more likely to make a deep tourney run than the Oden/Conley team that almost won it all in 2007?

One thing that I think in the long haul will be a downfall for them is the fact that they only go 6 deep.

Is this typical of top 10 teams ?

As for the Conley/Oden group ....
Conley was very good, Oden was a big guy, great D but very little on the offensive side.

Overall I would see this team as being more capable

I know this. Evan Turner is making himself a lot of money right now. Some NBA GM's are probably as excited over him as the guys in the Cialas ads.

Speaking of Oden and Conley you need to put out an Amber Alert for them. Talk about taking the money and running.

One thing that I think in the long haul will be a downfall for them is the fact that they only go 6 deep.

Is this typical of top 10 teams ?

As for the Conley/Oden group ....
Conley was very good, Oden was a big guy, great D but very little on the offensive side.

Overall I would see this team as being more capable
6 deep? That's thin.

6 deep? That's thin.

Thats what I thought.

Seems they have been only playing 6 in most games.
Hopefully they have enough stamina built up to go against the other teams in the tournament with only using 6.

That said, they didn't exactly wilt against a defensive Minnesota team ... (only 11 points to Purdue in the first half the other day)

I know this. Evan Turner is making himself a lot of money right now. Some NBA GM's are probably as excited over him as the guys in the Cialas ads.

Speaking of Oden and Conley you need to put out an Amber Alert for them. Talk about taking the money and running.

I know Odens been injured most of his NBA career .... havn't been able to keep track of Conley.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts