NCAA College Hockey

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Contrary to what some people think...Charlie does care about us. (at least some of us) :)

This weekend is the NCAA Hockey regional semi's and finals, which are being shown on various RSN's. Unfortunatelly, most of the games on MSG, NESN, and Empire are the Northeast or East bracket. That shuts out Minn-Duluth and Minn (which are in the Midwest) and N Dakota (which is in the West).
Normally the games were shown on FSN North, but Victory Sports (grrrr) got the rights to it. This is the station owned by Carl Pohlad, who owns the MN Twins, and since they want 2.25 per subscriber, they arent on any large cable company or Dish or Direct. So all of us in MN, ND, SD were screwed.

Victory offered this weekend free to all cable carriers and Dish & Direct...and they promise no scrolls on the bottom (demanding you call your cable or satellite company requesting it). Direct told them no, but Charlie stepped up to the plate and got it for us who are shut out.

from the dish site:
NCAA Division I Men's Hockey Regionals
LIVE March 26 – 28
FREE on DISH Network
Channel 464

Available in limited areas including, North Dakota, South Dakota and Minnesota

So contrary what some people say...I am very happy. I got a credit on my bill and I can see UMD play in the NCAA tournament for the first time in 10 years!

GO DOGS!!!!

ROLLTIDE said:
wouldn't a real fan get in there car and drive to the game ?
Normally I would say "yes"

made the 200 mile round trip to the home games (season tickets)
made the 380 mile round trip to Mankato to see UMD play on the road.
made the 250 mile round trip to Minneapolis to see them play the Goofers.

but.......700 miles one way to Grand Rapids, MI??

I may be crazy, but I ain't stupid :)

No thanks.....I'll sit down at watch it on 464 :)

Thanks!

First time in 10 years they're in it...and they're hell bent on making it to the final 4

GO DOGS!!!

Iceberg said:
NCAA Division I Men's Hockey Regionals
LIVE March 26 – 28
FREE on DISH Network
Channel 464

Available in limited areas including, North Dakota, South Dakota and Minnesota

Boo :( :( I wish the regionals would be available to everyone since college hockey gets screwed on the media coverage in the first place, but maybe a glitch will make it available :) only can hope...

That is awesome news! I'm shocked that Dish is taking Victory up on their offer. Either Dish knows there's no way in hell they're going to carry Victory and they're taking this because it's free, or...naaaah! :D

UglyFatKid said:
That is awesome news! I'm shocked that Dish is taking Victory up on their offer. Either Dish knows there's no way in hell they're going to carry Victory and they're taking this because it's free, or...naaaah! :D

you hit the nail on the head...there's no way in hell they are going to carry Victory after this Sunday

Dish actually was the first one to take them up on the offer.....then everyone else followed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)