Henderson KY

Attachments

• pitino 2.jpg
    pitino 2.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 197
  • pitino.jpg
    pitino.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 183
Louisville is in real trouble. In addition to this and Pitino's other violations, the YUM Center was built with state borrowed money based on unrealistic revenue projections and the state has already forced UL to redo its deal that kept the place set up for basketball most all of the season (to thus free it up for more concerts), the governor of Kentucky seems to have made it his goal to reign in Louisville's general non-athletic excess spending and outlaw actions, and the place is on acreditation probation which is amazing for any major college.

They may, and should, get the death penalty.

Louisville is in real trouble. In addition to this and Pitino's other violations, the YUM Center was built with state borrowed money based on unrealistic revenue projections and the state has already forced UL to redo its deal that kept the place set up for basketball most all of the season (to thus free it up for more concerts), the governor of Kentucky seems to have made it his goal to reign in Louisville's general non-athletic excess spending and outlaw actions, and the place is on acreditation probation which is amazing for any major college.

They may, and should, get the death penalty.

A great synopsis of what has been an issue for a few years.

It is being reported, that U of L AD Tom Jurich has been fired.

I have a feeling this is about to get way bigger.

@DarrenHeitner: Sources: Employees of Nike's EYBL grassroots division, along with documents, have been subpoenaed by FBI in furtherance of investigation

I have a feeling this is about to get way bigger.

@DarrenHeitner: Sources: Employees of Nike's EYBL grassroots division, along with documents, have been subpoenaed by FBI in furtherance of investigation
I would not be shocked to hear Nike is involved in the same type of scheme, or that football (and more schools) are involved.

Unlike an NCAA probe, this one has supenoa authority behind it, so no quitting your job and moving on to where they can't question you.

Its bad and going to get worse. That said, if you've ever watched the 30for30 on the SMU Football program and how they frame the Death Penalty's aftermath, I'd be shocked if they tried to invoke that @ Louisville, or any other schools for that matter. Louisville may be the closest thing to that level of infraction since SMU, but its obvious Louisville isn't the only school involved in this one.

Lifelong Kentucky fan here and hope upon hope Cal has kept his nose clean, but hearing Nike being brought into this has to make us nervous, too.

Lifelong Kentucky fan here and hope upon hope Cal has kept his nose clean, but hearing Nike being brought into this has to make us nervous, too.
I have a bad feeling all the schools that rely heavily on one & done's will be involved.

Luckily Ga Tech has been so bad lately that I doubt we'll be pulled in. :D

Never understood the "death penalty" or stripping victories and/or championships. Coaches and administrators do bad things and the NCAA in, it's infinite wisdom, punishes the athletes. Yeah, that's fair. :rolleyes:

If you want to punish the school then don't ban post-season play. Instead take whatever money the school was paid for a bowl appearance, for instance, and donate it to charity. That's one way of punishing the school without punishing the athletes. There are others but that would require someone in the NCAA to be able to think past their nose and I frankly don't believe they're capable.

By the way, is there anyone who didn't think this was going to happen when the NCAA opened it's doors to Nike & Adidas paying to have their emblem(s) sewn on the uniforms? When you open Pandora's box this is what is destined to happen. The NBA, MLB, and NFL climbing in bed with the gamblers (FanDuel etc) is eventually going to have the same result. Imagine, the NBA is an investor in FanDuel and by extension now has an interest in how much players win, or more importantly, don't win. Sounds ripe for corruption you say? Naw, basketball would never do anything like shave points or,,,, oh, wait, yeah, that's right, it's been done before. :devilish

They have had several 2018 recruits to decommit from the school.

Its bad and going to get worse. That said, if you've ever watched the 30for30 on the SMU Football program and how they frame the Death Penalty's aftermath, I'd be shocked if they tried to invoke that @ Louisville, or any other schools for that matter. Louisville may be the closest thing to that level of infraction since SMU, but its obvious Louisville isn't the only school involved in this one.

The reason I think it is possible Louisville gets the Death Penalty, if they were just put on probation for their hooker scandal and while that was ongoing, they did this.

Never understood the "death penalty" or stripping victories and/or championships. Coaches and administrators do bad things and the NCAA in, it's infinite wisdom, punishes the athletes. Yeah, that's fair. :rolleyes:

If you want to punish the school then don't ban post-season play. Instead take whatever money the school was paid for a bowl appearance, for instance, and donate it to charity. That's one way of punishing the school without punishing the athletes. There are others but that would require someone in the NCAA to be able to think past their nose and I frankly don't believe they're capable.

By the way, is there anyone who didn't think this was going to happen when the NCAA opened it's doors to Nike & Adidas paying to have their emblem(s) sewn on the uniforms? When you open Pandora's box this is what is destined to happen. The NBA, MLB, and NFL climbing in bed with the gamblers (FanDuel etc) is eventually going to have the same result. Imagine, the NBA is an investor in FanDuel and by extension now has an interest in how much players win, or more importantly, don't win. Sounds ripe for corruption you say? Naw, basketball would never do anything like shave points or,,,, oh, wait, yeah, that's right, it's been done before. :devilish

NCAA has NEVER been known for their intelligence and their wisdom on rules.

Reactions: Jimbo and Derwin0

The thing with the athletes is that they can just go to another school if their biggest goal it to play sports. There's nothing stopping them from continuing their education at that school. Some of the athlete's themselves are part of the problem as well since some are demanded money or benefits if a school wants them so I don't feel bad for them all. The school is using certain sports to make a lot of money and if they are breaking laws in order to make more money from that sport then the biggest punishment you can hand them is taking away that source of income.

It is being reported by CBS and WSJ that coach #2 is Pitino. if true..........

Attachments

• DK0KY0CWAAAjrup.jpg-large.jpeg
    DK0KY0CWAAAjrup.jpg-large.jpeg
    121.1 KB · Views: 153
The thing with the athletes is that they can just go to another school if their biggest goal it to play sports. There's nothing stopping them from continuing their education at that school. Some of the athlete's themselves are part of the problem as well since some are demanded money or benefits if a school wants them so I don't feel bad for them all. The school is using certain sports to make a lot of money and if they are breaking laws in order to make more money from that sport then the biggest punishment you can hand them is taking away that source of income.

They should be ruled ineligible. PERIOD.

While this is a complex case, the way to stomp this out is via the IRS.

If somebody gives you $$, you have to put that down on your 1040.

If you give somebody $$, you have to file a 1099 or a W2.

If you give somebody more than $10K in cash you have to file a 8300.

That simple. Let the IRS do what the NCAA will/can not.

Reactions: Derwin0
While this is a complex case, the way to stomp this out is via the IRS.

If somebody gives you $$, you have to put that down on your 1040.

If you give somebody $$, you have to file a 1099 or a W2.

If you give somebody more than $10K in cash you have to file a 8300.

That simple. Let the IRS do what the NCAA will/can not.
Considering none of this money was declared on taxes, the IRS will have a field day with those receiving the money and giving it (since they didn't file any 1099's).

And that is why the FBI has jurisdiction.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts