NCAA Football 2007-08

Well either 2 or 4 will go down next week, if it goes according to schedule, it will be # 2 of course.

Jimbo

It's very possible that LSU, Kansas, AND Missouri go down this week or next. The teams sitting in the conferences without a CG look to be in the catbird seat, if you ask me. :(

You're right! Bring on those Hogs and Dawgs (or loser Vols)! New Awlins or bust baby! :D

And Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

New Awlins or bust ????
It's officially BUST .....

Very fun game though, something about the 3rd OT, If I were Les and I went to OT again I would go for 2 before the 3rd OT period.

Jimbo

Looks like WV might be in for the title game now.

Assuming they don't get beat by Top20 PowerHouse UConn, there is no way the pollsters will vote WV ahead of OSU. If this were basketball...perhaps, but not football. There is no way in hell that WV deserves to be ranked ahead of OSU.

Why will the pollsters NOT vote WV ahead of OSU ?

OSU does not play anymore games therefore all the others that still play are fresh in the pollsters mind ... it happens all the time every year.

They will say that OSU hasn't played anyone this year. (which btw they said way back in game 8 and said that the hard part of OSU 's schedule was yet to come, then they got there and STILL got no credit ... )

After watching USC (fresh in my mind , you see) OSU has no chance.
They run a slower 4.25 than the USC's 4.25 so you know how that goes.

Jimbo

Jimbo, IMHO the best thing for OSU would be to finish out of the BCS title game and enjoy their trip to the Rose Bowl. If for some reason OSU would make it to the BCS NC game and lose (blow out) they and the Big 10 will have a really hard time coming back from two title loses over a two year period.

the winner of missouri - kansas will be #1 and IF they win the big 12 championship game will go into the bcs championship game as #1

i know we have alot of great college football fans on this site. you osu, big blue fans are great. but my alma mater MISSOURI in the hunt the for the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!!!??
you guys are use to this with your great programs, but it is new for tiger fans, and WOW!! is it fun!!
to my surprize i am as pumped for tonights game as i was for the world series or super bowl that we have won in the past!

THIS IS FUN!!

and i do think mizzou will win. of course alot of that is comming as a fan boy, BUT i think we have to much on offense and we have played in pressure and better oppents.

again

THIS IS FUN!!!!

It's very possible that LSU, Kansas, AND Missouri go down this week or next. The teams sitting in the conferences without a CG look to be in the catbird seat, if you ask me. :(

:( Man, that LSU loss was painful (not to mention I actually fell down the stairs of the cabin I rented for the holidays after watching the game). Oh well, still a good season. Wonder if Meechigan is still that crazy about getting Les?

I still think it will be WV and tOSU in the MNC. OU will beat the winner of the KU/Mizzou game next week. The Bucknuts will have an easier time with WV than they will with USC. ;)

:( Man, that LSU loss was painful (not to mention I actually fell down the stairs of the cabin I rented for the holidays after watching the game). Oh well, still a good season. Wonder if Meechigan is still that crazy about getting Les?

I still think it will be WV and tOSU in the MNC. OU will beat the winner of the KU/Mizzou game next week. The Bucknuts will have an easier time with WV than they will with USC. ;)

i would bet you on a mizzou - ou game. they had till the end AT norman. on a netural field and on a roll i will take the tigers

Last edited:
Jimbo, IMHO the best thing for OSU would be to finish out of the BCS title game and enjoy their trip to the Rose Bowl. If for some reason OSU would make it to the BCS NC game and lose (blow out) they and the Big 10 will have a really hard time coming back from two title loses over a two year period.

Would you rather play in the SB and lose, or never be able to say you got there ?

Jimbo

the winner of missouri - kansas will be #1 and IF they win the big 12 championship game will go into the bcs championship game as #1

i know we have alot of great college football fans on this site. you osu, big blue fans are great. but my alma mater MISSOURI in the hunt the for the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!!!??
you guys are use to this with your great programs, but it is new for tiger fans, and WOW!! is it fun!!
to my surprize i am as pumped for tonights game as i was for the world series or super bowl that we have won in the past!

THIS IS FUN!!

and i do think mizzou will win. of course alot of that is comming as a fan boy, BUT i think we have to much on offense and we have played in pressure and better oppents.

again

THIS IS FUN!!!!

I too will be rooting right along with you dantheman, but not for the reasons you may think.
Yes a Mizzou win will help the Buckeyes, but Coach Pinkel finally has it going in the right direction down there, just as some thought he might be gone if the team didn't do better.
Coach Pinkel was up here at Toledo for several years after leaving Washington...
So that make Coach Meyer (Bowling Green, Ohio) and Coach Pinckel (Toledo) both coached in the MAC and moved on to better and bigger programs. :up

Would you rather play in the SB and lose, or never be able to say you got there ?

Jimbo

I would rather protect the reputation of the school and confrenence. You think people say the Big 10 is weak right now, wait to see what they say if OSU goes and loses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)