NCAA Football 2007-08

Jimbo...#1 has lost only twice...with LSU and Ohio State. #2 has lost 6 times this year. And IF Colorado can beat Oklahoma and Texas Tech pounded Oklahoma for 3 1/2 quarters...and don't let the final score fool you, Oklahoma was dominated in that game. AND a late rally where you beat the teams in the Top 5 does WONDERS. Prime example is Ohio State, they lost and dropped drastically....then they beat some good teams AND other teams kept losing....a good late rally. Then we go back to West Virginia....they have quietly kept winning...and then as a statement destroyed a completely overmatched #20 UCONN(geez, where is that UCONN fan that was SO boisterous just a couple of month before....?:rolleyes:). In the end, it is simple...they more likely kill PITT at home and they will be in that BCS Championship game. Ohio State's ONLY hope is that Mizzou loses to Oklahoma.....if that does not happen, it will be Mizzou and West Virginia....2 teams that NO ONE...including th experts thought would be there....cool.....I like it.....:D:cool::up

Gee, I agree 100 % :up

Jimbo

I can see Missou playing WV in the NC game and Ohio State playing USC in the Rose Bowl ...
That would really bring the prestige and pagentry back to the Rose bowl as BOTH teams are very good again.

USC, WV, Missou all looked very good this week.

I just haven't been impressed with Oklahoma even thou they are doing well, don't know what it is about it ...

Jimbo

Why shouldn't Ohio State get first place votes. They have one more win than WV and they are tied with Mizzou for wins and losses.

Ohio St. lost at home to a then unranked Illinois. Missouri lost on the road to Oklahoma. West Virginia lost on the road to a then ranked South Florida.

Not saying they are better teams than Ohio St., just saying a reason why Mizzou and WV should get first place votes over OSU.

Ok, I think those are right....but HOW does Ohio State get 1st place votes?
Simple, there are 6 Big 10 coaches that get to vote in the coaches poll, and there are six Ohio St, #1 votes. Do the math ;)

*note* never figured out why only about half the coaches get to vote, seems more fair to have them all vote.

Ohio St. lost at home to a then unranked Illinois. Missouri lost on the road to Oklahoma. West Virginia lost on the road to a then ranked South Florida.

Not saying they are better teams than Ohio St., just saying a reason why Mizzou and WV should get first place votes over OSU.

The one thing that i don't like about this is your basing rankings on what they were, not what they are.

WVU lost to a SF (21st) on the road, Mizzu lost to a 9th ranked OU on the road and OSU lost to a 15th ranked Illinois at home.

not that it changes your point but it a teams SOS really isn't determind until the reg season is over.

NOTE: ranking are latest BCS

BCS and 16 team playoff picture !
ESPN - College Football BCS Standings, NCAA College Football BCS Standings, NCAA Football BCS Standings

We have in the first round :

Missouri vs Clemson
West Virginia vs Illinois
Ohio State vs Tennessee
Georgia vs Arizona State
Kansas vs Hawaii
Virginia Tech vs Boston College
LSU vs Florida
USC vs Oklahoma

There you have it.
Sad thing is, there's NO REASON why this could not be done.

Jimbo

I am surprised to see Va Tech up that high, I would place LSU, USC and Ok. ahead of them

BCS and 16 team playoff picture !
ESPN - College Football BCS Standings, NCAA College Football BCS Standings, NCAA Football BCS Standings

We have in the first round :

Missouri vs Clemson
West Virginia vs Illinois
Ohio State vs Tennessee
Georgia vs Arizona State
Kansas vs Hawaii
Virginia Tech vs Boston College
LSU vs Florida
USC vs Oklahoma

There you have it.
Sad thing is, there's NO REASON why this could not be done.

Jimbo

I am surprised to see Va Tech up that high, I would place LSU, USC and Ok. ahead of them

That would be AWESOME....that is why I was hoping that EVERYONE had at least two losses. With 1-loss teams playing in the BCS CG....it is easier to justify the teams playing for the championship and teams being left out....BUT WITH 2 loses, then it gets REAL dicey and ALOT HARDER for the BCS morons to explain and spin.

We are getting closer and closer to TOTAL AND COMPLETE UTTER CHAOS....LOL!!! I can't wait....hehehehe

Salsa,
Another thing that I have heard receintly is, let the Bowl play out like it is and have the winners of the BCS games play a playoff from there.
I could go for that idea too until they decided to add more teams.

BCS bowls,
Currently you have the Rose, Orange Fiesta and Sugar, is the Cotton a BCS game ? I think it is. so you have 5 winners after the bowls are over.

ALL these games would have to be played on Jan 1st, or maybe the 2nd
The Top team going into the games would get a bye and 2-5 and 3-4 would play the next week ... Only problem with this is , we would be getting aweful close to the SB, I would like to play the NC game the weekend BEFORE the SB, traditionally the NFL's week off.

Possible, but I know it has a lot of holes in it.

Jimbo

Salsa,
Another thing that I have heard receintly is, let the Bowl play out like it is and have the winners of the BCS games play a playoff from there.
I could go for that idea too until they decided to add more teams.

BCS bowls,
Currently you have the Rose, Orange Fiesta and Sugar, is the Cotton a BCS game ? I think it is. so you have 5 winners after the bowls are over.

ALL these games would have to be played on Jan 1st, or maybe the 2nd
The Top team going into the games would get a bye and 2-5 and 3-4 would play the next week ... Only problem with this is , we would be getting aweful close to the SB, I would like to play the NC game the weekend BEFORE the SB, traditionally the NFL's week off.

Possible, but I know it has a lot of holes in it.

Jimbo

I would want 6 games/teams....it is SO easy to set up a playoff. These BCS freak jobs think we could not live without it....but let's be honest, IF you are not in the Top 5 the final two weeks, you really have no chance in hell for a Championship....those days of a #4 jumping to #1 after beating the the #1(ala Miami vs. Nebraska in 1983) are LONG GONE!

I would want 6 games/teams....it is SO easy to set up a playoff. These BCS freak jobs think we could not live without it....but let's be honest, IF you are not in the Top 5 the final two weeks, you really have no chance in hell for a Championship....those days of a #4 jumping to #1 after beating the the #1(ala Miami vs. Nebraska in 1983) are LONG GONE!

Good point :up
Also makes the scenario easier.

How about rearranging the Bowl schedules and play the BIG bowls on Christmas weekend and the Championship on New Years day ?
Or start the Bowl winners games on NY day ?

Jimbo

Last edited:
Good point :up
Also makes the scenario easier.

How about rearranging the Bowl schedules and play the BIG bowls on Christmas weekend and the Chanmpionship on New Years day ?
Or start the Bowl winners games on NY day ?

Jimbo

Again...you and I would love this...BUT the college presidents and the networks love this BCS Bullsh!t....there...I said....**sorry:eek:** too much!

Looks like it's a good thing that Florida is not in a SEC Championship game.
Tebow has a broken hand (non throwing, butI am sure the time off will be good for him.

Q. Why is it the Florida teams always play bowl games at home ?
Doesn't that give them a huge advantage ?
IF they are not at home they are right around the corner.
They are talking about a bowl game in either Tampa or Orlando... sheeeesh.

ESPN - Gators' Tebow has broken hand; likely OK for bowl - College Football

Jimbo

The Cotton is not a BCS game. Just the other four. I have been saying for a couple of years why don't they start a playoff around the week before Christmas and finish up on New Years. They have a month long break now for those top teams.

Looks like it's a good thing that Florida is not in a SEC Championship game.
Tebow has a broken hand (non throwing, butI am sure the time off will be good for him.

Q. Why is it the Florida teams always play bowl games at home ?
Doesn't that give them a huge advantage ?
IF they are not at home they are right around the corner.
They are talking about a bowl game in either Tampa or Orlando... sheeeesh.

ESPN - Gators' Tebow has broken hand; likely OK for bowl - College Football

Jimbo

Come on Jim....again with this? Does it not register that MOST bowl games are either in the south, Arizona or lovely California....who the F**K wants to play in north AFTER December 1st...??!!:confused:;)

My buddy went to the Super Bowl in Detroit a couple of years back and he said it was either the game, your hotel room or freeze your ballz off....Personally, for a Super Bowl or a bowl game, I would like ALOT more options and ones that does NOT include some or ANY body part freezing to the point where it turns blue or just breaks off....;)

I think they should have either a 4-team, 6-team, or 8-team playoff. Get rid of the conference championships or make the Big Ten, Pac-10, and Big East play one. You could seed them by the BCS system, or something like it. You could have home games until the championship game.

I just want to see the best teams PLAY the best teams, from other conferences, at the end of the season.

It would make me sick this year to see Ohio State - West Virginia, aside from being an MU fan, because you would have two teams from the worst two BCS conferences in the championship.

My buddy went to the Super Bowl in Detroit a couple of years back and he said it was either the game, your hotel room or freeze your ballz off....Personally, for a Super Bowl or a bowl game, I would like ALOT more options and ones that does NOT include some or ANY body part freezing to the point where it turns blue or just breaks off....;)

If I remember correctly, the Superbowl in Detroit had pretty good weather up till the day of the game.

The 50's is pretty good weather for Detroit in January.

Blast sized up to be XL thrill

Wait a minute, that's right, you guys down south can't handle weather below 65.:D;)

I think they should have either a 4-team, 6-team, or 8-team playoff. Get rid of the conference championships or make the Big Ten, Pac-10, and Big East play one. You could seed them by the BCS system, or something like it. You could have home games until the championship game.

I just want to see the best teams PLAY the best teams, from other conferences, at the end of the season.

It would make me sick this year to see Ohio State - West Virginia, aside from being an MU fan, because you would have two teams from the worst two BCS conferences in the championship.

Don't put down WVU, I hate to say this, but they are a good team. If your team can beat Oklahoma, then they will deserve to play WVU, if they lose, well then I guess they weren't that good after all.:rolleyes:

If Missouri wants to be in the BCS Championship game, then they better play like a championship team. WVU still has to play Pitt, they could lose that game, the backyard brawl and all, who am I kidding......they wont lose to Pitt.:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts