NCAA Football 2007-08

Well....Unless he pulls a Dennis Francione, Les miles is staying at LSU (LSU AD announced that a handshake deal has been made to keep Les in BA).

I was really looking forward to shuting his yap for years to come :)

Still think that cinn's coach is the best fit for Michiscum (all bias aside)

Well....Unless he pulls a Dennis Francione, Les miles is staying at LSU (LSU AD announced that a handshake deal has been made to keep Les in BA).

I was really looking forward to shuting his yap for years to come :)

Still think that cinn's coach is the best fit for Michiscum (all bias aside)

They will probably shoot for Kurt Ferentz from Iowa next IF Les is not going to go, don't say Les is not going until you see M with a new coach ... Remember St. Nick.

Jimbo

Last edited:
So far, at the half Oklahoma and Mizzou ties at 14
Pitt beating WV late in the third 10-7, just lost a TD on a PENALTY, a phantom call at that, then missed a FG

Jimbo

Oklahoma 34 Mizzou 17 with 10:28 left in the 4th. Seem like a big difference to make up!
Looks like #1 and #2 are going down!
So does this mean tOSU is in for sure? If so what is the spec on who they play?
I have no clue how ya'll figure this $hit out.

Oklahoma 34 Mizzou 17 with 10:28 left in the 4th. Seem like a big difference to make up!
Looks like #1 and #2 are going down!
So does this mean tOSU is in for sure? If so what is the spec on who they play?
I have no clue how ya'll figure this $hit out.

Rumor has it, LSU will get a third shot at being number 1 this year.
I can count a lot of other 1 or 2 loss teams that should be furious, espesially Hawaii .....
Georgia and USC are looking pretty da*n good lately too.

Jimbo

Rumor has it, LSU will get a third shot at being number 1 this year.
I can count a lot of other 1 or 2 loss teams that should be furious, espesially Hawaii .....
Georgia and USC are looking pretty da*n good lately too.

Jimbo

You better be glad enough teams lost so your Bucknuts could back into the MNC. And as far as "looking good", I'd worry about what the Bucknuts will "look" like in a few weeks if those rumors you're hearing play out.

Hawaii - ha!

Last edited:
You better be glad enough teams lost so your Bucknuts could back into the MNC. And as far as "looking good", I'd worry about what the Bucknuts will "look" like in a few weeks if those rumors you're hearing play out.

Hawaii - ha!

Now , I'd like all the teams in the bowl games to take a month and a half off and THEN be ready for a game. This way we'll see what the rest of the country looks like with 50 days off between games.

Jimbo

Now , I'd like all the teams in the bowl games to take a month and a half off and THEN be ready for a game. This way we'll see what the rest of the country looks like with 50 days off between games.

Jimbo

Is is going to be 50 days off for you guys? Wow! That fact alone says there should be a more consistent system that's equal to all teams. Well, at least you don't have to worry about injuries - all players should be healthy.

This was posted on an ESPN message board - thought it was funny:

"Ohio State moved from No. 5 to No. 3 last week by not playing. It's possible the Buckeyes will move from No. 3 to No. 1 this week by not playing. The Buckeyes may be hoping not to play Jan. 7 in order to win the national championship."

Last edited:
NCAA Football Bowl Predictions - CBSSports.com

The Rose Bowl is the biggest joke bowl there is now. Taking an average Illinois team just because they are in the Big 10.

2 teams from the same conference in the Fiesta? WTH!

And is anyone going to care or watch the Orange Bowl?

I'll watch the Sugar and the BCS fake NC game.

I really hope this spurns a playoff system, but I highly doubt the egghead Presidents will do anything though.

The bowls can pretty much take whomever they want. Rose bowl traditionally (pre-bcs) took B10-pac10, so I don't have a prob with Illinois. They qualify for an at-large under the BCS. Its all about $$$$$$$

Fiesta: pretty weird with two conf teams, but at least they haven't played this year. Would rather have that than a repeat game.

Orange: WVU vs Vt may be more interesting than one would think. Great rivalry btw 2 neighboring states.

Sugar: whats so exiting about Hawaii vs Georgia

The Rose bowl isn't a joke, the entire bowl system is!!!!!

If the harris shows the same, its LSU!
It probably will, LSU was #5 in last weeks Harris Poll, higher than it was in the coaches.

Harris last week:
1 - Missouri (lost)
2 - West Virginia (lost)
3 - Ohio State (probably leap to #1)
4 - Georgia (even if they got #2, LSU is two places higher than them in Coaches, LSU #2, Georgia #4)
5 - LSU (even if they are only #3, that is enough to go past Georgia in the BCS average)

Your probably right.....but looking at all of the jumbling that took place in the other polls, I think I'll wait for the offical release :)

If would require OU to be # 2 and a LSU distant #3 to stand a chance for OU. Computers will probably edge LSU, so OU would need to make some unlikely gains in the Harris

Jimbo

They may not get to play games, but Tressel only let them have 2 weeks off, then got them all back into the program. Practicing, watching diets, etc, etc.
Been all over the tak radio news around Columbus. Last year, he got them all back together 2 weeks before the game.

They may not get to play games, but Tressel only let them have 2 weeks off, then got them all back into the program. Practicing, watching diets, etc, etc.
Been all over the tak radio news around Columbus. Last year, he got them all back together 2 weeks before the game.

Thats good to hear, I did not know if that was anything different than last year, but then I cannot get the Columbus sports news very often.

Although, sometimes 610am comes in BETTER than the local sports radio station ...... been talking to them about that too, they say someting will be done in April ... we'll see.

Jimbo

BCS bowls were announced.

USATODAY.com

1 - Ohio State - National Championship
2 - LSU - National Championship
3 - Virginia Tech - Orange Bowl
4 - Oklahoma - Fiesta Bowl
5 - Georgia - Sugar Bowl
6 - Missouri -
7 - USC - Rose Bowl
8 - Kansas - Orange Bowl
9 - West Virginia - Fiesta Bowl