NCAA Football 2008-09 Season

It must be real boring for Big Ten fans since you guys season ends so early. The Big Ten needs to get with program and extend their season into Dec.

So they should start thier season later, or do like USC and a few others do, take a week off before and after a big game ?

They already added a week this year to the schedule.
They still end on Nov. 22nd

Penn State wouldn't beat Alabama, or Florida, or Georgia, or maybe even LSU. They've played the 99th toughest schedule in college football. I mean, has no one learned from the Ohio State debacle from the past 2 seasons? Undefeated teams that play weak schedules should not be voted ahead of teams that have played tougher schedules and lost one game just because they're undefeated. And sabres, sorry, but a one loss SEC team would beat any undefeated or one loss Big 12 team they were lucky enough to play.

I agree 100 percent

I don't.

Penn State could beat Florida, Georgia and definatly LSU, come on, you really did drink the LSU kool aid again didn't you.
I think Alabama and Texas are better , but they can play with either of them.

All I have to say is "put up or shut up." When a Big10 champion defeats a team in the MNC I will bow to their superiority. Until then...
moon.gif

Last edited:
The media should not allow Oklahoma to play Boise State again, the Big team got beat and embarassed last time.
The media has nothing to do with it. Oklahoma has a better chance of playing Texas in the MNC than it has of playing in the Fiesta Bowl. Texas will likely be the Big-12 South champion, so the Big-12 North team (when they lose to Texas) will be runner up. Since Texas will be in the MNC, they can't go to the Fiesta Bowl, so the runner up (Missouri) will. Oklahoma has a chance of moving up to 2nd in the BCS with a poor showing by PSU and Alabama at some point in November.

I don't care what they say about schedules and such- USC does not deserve to be ranked ahead of Tech!

Doesn't Tech play Texas and both Okies over the next 3 or 4 weeks? Tech's position in the top ten will be pretty much solidified by then. Whoever plays Missouri in the Big 12 championship will see a diiferent team than the one that slept until they were behind 35-zip against (in my opinion) the country's best team, Texas.:D Looks like the BCS 2 team limit will hurt the Big 12, much as it has hurt the SEC and Big 12 in the past. I wonder if Oklahoma will do its' bowl fold this year.:D

Doesn't Tech play Texas and both Okies over the next 3 or 4 weeks? Tech's position in the top ten will be pretty much solidified by then. Whoever plays Missouri in the Big 12 championship will see a diiferent team than the one that slept until they were behind 35-zip against (in my opinion) the country's best team, Texas.:D Looks like the BCS 2 team limit will hurt the Big 12, much as it has hurt the SEC and Big 12 in the past. I wonder if Oklahoma will do its' bowl fold this year.:D

Yes, Texas Tech plays #1 Texas, #9 Oklahoma St and #4 Oklahoma in the next 3 weeks. No sense in complaining about their current ranking in the polls now as the conversation is meaningless. Once their schedule plays out, the entire nation will get a much better grasp at how good or mediocre this team really is.

Yes, Texas Tech plays #1 Texas, #9 Oklahoma St and #4 Oklahoma in the next 3 weeks. No sense in complaining about their current ranking in the polls now as the conversation is meaningless. Once their schedule plays out, the entire nation will get a much better grasp at how good or mediocre this team really is.

:up:up:up

Wow. was 2002 really that long ago? :confused::rolleyes:

2002? In college football years, uh...yes.
yep.gif

The last two years have all but wiped out a lot of respect for the Big10, due in most part to tOSU's poor performance in the MNC. If Penn State finishes undefeated and wins the MNC, I, as many others, will again believe the Big10 is as strong as it once was. Until then, smack the SEC, Big12, Pac10, etc., and you'll get smacked back. ;)

I don't.

Penn State could beat Florida, Georgia and definatly LSU, come on, you really did drink the LSU kool aid again didn't you.
I think Alabama and Texas are better , but they can play with either of them.
LSU maybe. The way Florida and Georgia have played lately though, I think it would be a two touchdown victory at the least.

The best two teams in both conferences have played each other often and the result has been the same....a serious a$$whippin'....

So we are to assume this will happen each and every year? PUHLEEEEEZE! If that's the case, Miami will never play in a BCS game again, Florida will never beat MICHIGAN, etc.... And the Etroit Lions will never win a game. Oh, wait a minute, the last one may be the exception that proves the rule.

The last two years have all but wiped out a lot of respect for the Big10, due in most part to tOSU's poor performance in the MNC. If Penn State finishes undefeated and wins the MNC, I, as many others, will again believe the Big10 is as strong as it once was. Until then, smack the SEC, Big12, Pac10, etc., and you'll get smacked back. ;)

And PSU's outstanding record in bowl games (including winning three in a row) has no impact on how you perceive that team? Huh?

Also note: the Big Ten is 3-3 versus the SEC in bowl games the last two years.

For the love of god, somebody in the Pac-10, PLEASE win that damn conference!

I am sick of the sacred Rose Bowl turning into a USC love-fest!

I DON'T WANT TO SEE ANY MORE DAMN SONG GIRLS IN PASADENA!

FWIW, USC does not control their own destiny with regards to the Rose Bowl/BCS. Oregon State -- were they to win out -- would get the Rose Bowl bid by virtue of their win over the Trojans.

Incidentally, that is the same Oregon State team that was clobbered by PSU 45-14 earlier in the season.

Mc Nabb's Yard Vandalized

Alonzo Mourning retires

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)