NCAA Football 2008-09 Season

I made a couple of assumptions, that Sugar and Orange would swap to prevent Georgia from facing an non-BCS school(Utah) or inferior opponent(S. Fla) 2 years in a row, the Orange is also the low man on the BCS Totem poll this year. I also assumed that the Fiesta would take Boise over Ohio State, Ohio State would bring big money into Phoenix but the national appeal with a Okla./Boise St, rematch too good to pass up.

This is also just make believe, too many weeks of football left. :D

Isn't the MNC game in Miami this year ?
Isn't that the Orange bowl ?

If so, how can they be low on the totem pole ?

The media should not allow Oklahoma to play Boise State again, the Big team got beat and embarassed last time.

I doubt that the Bucks go to the Fiesta this year, I would be real surprised and happy.

Conference won't swap teams to make a better game, it goes by pecking order. after the MNC game.

The writers will get in who they want in and the BSC will ablodge

The BCS championship game is rotated at the site of each bowl game. The Rose Bowl is always on Jan.1, from there they rotate each of the others in dates to hype appeal. That puts the Orange Bowl game itself "at the bottom" on Jan. 1st.
Pecking order this year:
1. BCS Championship Game
2. Rose Bowl(Big Ten/Pac-10 tie in)
3. Fiesta Bowl
4. Sugar Bowl
5. Orange Bowl

The media should not allow Oklahoma to play Boise State again, the Big team got beat and embarassed last time.

I doubt that the Bucks go to the Fiesta this year, I would be real surprised and happy.

Conference won't swap teams to make a better game, it goes by pecking order. after the MNC game.

The writers will get in who they want in and the BSC will ablodge

While there hasn't been a true swap in the BCS yet, there have been instances where the BCS decided to take lower ranked teams to better matchup games and local influx from certain schools.

As long as Ohio State stays in the top12 of the BCS they remain eligible for a BCS at large bid. Ohio State fans should root real hard for TCU and Fresno State, it would almost guarantee a BCS bid for the Buckeyes.

Miami gets 2 games, the NC and the Orange Bowl. Since Miami gets the NC they are last in line to pick a team to face the ACC champ in the Orange Bowl.

Penn State wouldn't beat Alabama, or Florida, or Georgia, or maybe even LSU. They've played the 99th toughest schedule in college football. I mean, has no one learned from the Ohio State debacle from the past 2 seasons? Undefeated teams that play weak schedules should not be voted ahead of teams that have played tougher schedules and lost one game just because they're undefeated. And sabres, sorry, but a one loss SEC team would beat any undefeated or one loss Big 12 team they were lucky enough to play.

Penn State wouldn't beat Alabama, or Florida, or Georgia, or maybe even LSU. They've played the 99th toughest schedule in college football. I mean, has no one learned from the Ohio State debacle from the past 2 seasons? Undefeated teams that play weak schedules should not be voted ahead of teams that have played tougher schedules and lost one game just because they're undefeated. And sabres, sorry, but a one loss SEC team would beat any undefeated or one loss Big 12 team they were lucky enough to play.

I agree 100 percent

Miami gets 2 games, the NC and the Orange Bowl. Since Miami gets the NC they are last in line to pick a team to face the ACC champ in the Orange Bowl.

Why should one location get two games ? That seams dumb .... when did this start happening ?
Thats all we need in more home games for the southern teams :rolleyes:

I agree 100 percent

I don't.

Penn State could beat Florida, Georgia and definatly LSU, come on, you really did drink the LSU kool aid again didn't you.
I think Alabama and Texas are better , but they can play with either of them.

First you and Bama has to go undefeated the rest of the season, one of the teams are going to lose. Penn State will be in the championship game.

I was responding from this post.

If the season sended today the BCS bids would likely be:

Rose: Penn State/USC
Orange: So. Florida/Utah
Sugar: Florida St./Georgia
Fiesta:Oklahoma/Boise St.
Championship Game:Texas/Alabama

Left out in thecold: Ohio State, Florida, Texas Tech, Oklahoma St.

Why should one location get two games ? That seams dumb .... when did this start happening ?
Thats all we need in more home games for the southern teams :rolleyes:
They started it a couple years ago. Phoenix got 2 games in 06 and New Orleans got 2 games last year. Next year the Rose Bowl gets 2.

They started it a couple years ago. Phoenix got 2 games in 06 and New Orleans got 2 games last year. Next year the Rose Bowl gets 2.

Interesting .....
Just another way to make more money, NOW you know the reason why they spread the games out for over a week now from Jan 1st.

I tell ya what, it gets boring waiting and waiting for the game to come along, it seams like it's whole other season, from Jan 1 to the MNC game.

Whats the date this year for the MNC game ? must be like the 12th or so.

Jimbo

Last edited:
I tell ya what, it gets boring waiting and waiting for the game to come along, it seams like it's whole other season, from Jan 1 to the MNC game.
It must be real boring for Big Ten fans since you guys season ends so early. The Big Ten needs to get with program and extend their season into Dec.

Sabres, make your case for Texas Tech after they play Texas. If they beat them they will make a jump in the polls. And they will deserve the ranking you want to give them.

You SEC guys are really starting to believe your own press clippings, that you wrote. :) Penn State is the real deal, now they just have to avoid a choke which has happened to many high ranked teams this season. An undefeated Penn State would be very attractive in the championship game. Jimbo has a point about the location of the bowl games and the SEC, they don't even leave their area code to play in them. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)