NCAA Football 2008-09 Season

Arkansas Razorback & SEC fan :)

we probably like Texas a little more than Oklahoma does :D
and we get to play them this year :)

hopefully will get to watch a bunch of great games this year there looks to be several teams stacked to have outstanding seasons and maybe a couple will make it to the NC game unbeaten.

Also i hope to watch a few USC games not cause i want them to win but i do like several QB's that they have Sanchez and Mustang and Pete Carrol is a good coach probably one of my favorites behind Mark Richt ....

Good luck to everyone on their team having a great season :)

Mark me down as another Pitt supporter and Big East defender.

As for the Big East/ACC argument, I think you should just forget it Sabres. Most of the people here don't seem to mind the Big East and it's position within the BCS. Sam and Dave are both smart posters who make a lot of good points, (Sam's points on NASCAR are especially interesting) but they're set on their hatred of the Big East and aren't going to change no matter what. You'll repeat the same things, they'll repeat the same things, and it'll just flood the board with a bunch of redundant posts. So let 'em keep hating. It isn't going to change the legitimacy that the analysts and pollsters out there see in the conference. That's what really counts.

Let's keep this thread a great place for college football discussion, and not an ever circling carousel of "The Big East Sucks/No it doesn't, the ACC does" posts. It hasn't become that yet, but it very well could. In fact, back on DBS, for a while I think it did reach that point, and I was guilty of contributing to it.

By the way, there's only 25 days until the opening Thursday night games!

Mark me down as another Pitt supporter and Big East defender.

As for the Big East/ACC argument, I think you should just forget it Sabres. Most of the people here don't seem to mind the Big East and it's position within the BCS. Sam and Dave are both smart posters who make a lot of good points, (Sam's points on NASCAR are especially interesting) but they're set on their hatred of the Big East and aren't going to change no matter what. You'll repeat the same things, they'll repeat the same things, and it'll just flood the board with a bunch of redundant posts. So let 'em keep hating. It isn't going to change the legitimacy that the analysts and pollsters out there see in the conference. That's what really counts.

Let's keep this thread a great place for college football discussion, and not an ever circling carousel of "The Big East Sucks/No it doesn't, the ACC does" posts. It hasn't become that yet, but it very well could. In fact, back on DBS, for a while I think it did reach that point, and I was guilty of contributing to it.

By the way, there's only 25 days until the opening Thursday night games!

27 days till the start of the Terrelle Prior Era :D
Also know as the opening week for the Buckeye's !

Jimbo

27 days till the start of the Terrelle Prior Era :D
Also know as the opening week for the Buckeye's !

Jimbo

What do you think Tressel has planned for Pryor? Is he going to have him share some reps at quarterback with Boeckman like Urban Meyer did at Florida with Tebow and Leak?

What do you think Tressel has planned for Pryor? Is he going to have him share some reps at quarterback with Boeckman like Urban Meyer did at Florida with Tebow and Leak?

Yes, I expect him to run it much the same as Urban did.
I expect to see him quite a bit in the first few games to get his feet wet before the USC game.

Jimbo

You're a Texas fan.

OK- I'm a Texas Tech fan.

Big showdown in Lubbock on the 1st of November!

No offense, but I kinda think Texas is ranked a little high this year. Other than McCoy, who else is a threat on offense?
Oh i LIKE TECH also!! I can't stand the farmers from A&M!!! :p My three colleges i was looking at was TEXAS, Oregon STATE and TEXAS TECH!! I can't stand the Oregon Ducks and i remember Tech played the Ducks in the independence bowl i believe and beat them 30 to 27!! Oh yea did i for get to mention they were a division 2 team!!!!! and got bumped to D 1 !! HA HA HA

Yes I am a KENTUCKY fan.

Cybok, since PITT sucks so bad I figured you would want to forget about them too.

10 wins this year. Yeah I said it, 10 wins. Bowl game and hopefully Big East title. WVU saw last year what our D can do. Add McCoy starting his second year, plus Kinder coming back.

I can't wait for this year.:):D

I actually see Pryor being utilized in a way more similar to Juice Williams at Illinois, instead of Tebow/Leak.

Pryor's skills definitely translate into more of an option type QB. During TeBow's early years, he was brought in specifically to run. I don't think this is the case in Pryor.

10 wins this year. Yeah I said it, 10 wins. Bowl game and hopefully Big East title. WVU saw last year what our D can do. Add McCoy starting his second year, plus Kinder coming back.

I can't wait for this year.:):D

cybok - I'm seeing that Pitt/UConn game in East Hartford Dec 6th as HUGE. Hoping it's for the conference title :)

I can't wait for the season to start for MICHIGAN. (What else do I got to look forward to?) Even if it is a re-loading year, at least we are leaving the stone-age (LLLLLoyd Carr). I do think we will have a very good defense, and hopefully they can carry the game, while they learn the fine points of coach Rod's spread offense. Change can be good. Maybe we can pull off another shocker against "That evil school down South" like Bo did his first season.

GO BLUE!!!

I actually see Pryor being utilized in a way more similar to Juice Williams at Illinois, instead of Tebow/Leak.

Pryor's skills definitely translate into more of an option type QB. During TeBow's early years, he was brought in specifically to run. I don't think this is the case in Pryor.

I see Prior being used as a QB not just for running plays, if they use him correctly they will have him passing as well.
What I remember of Tebow was, when you thought he was going to run, he would pass and vice versa, thats what makes a team so difficult, when you don't know what is coming.

Although Juice had 3-4 TD passes in that game last year, his RUNNING is what did them in.

I hope they just bring Prior in to run the normal offense, plus the special plays he can create of course.

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)