NCAA Football 2008-09 Season

I see Prior being used as a QB not just for running plays, if they use him correctly they will have him passing as well.
What I remember of Tebow was, when you thought he was going to run, he would pass and vice versa, thats what makes a team so difficult, when you don't know what is coming.

Although Juice had 3-4 TD passes in that game last year, his RUNNING is what did them in.

I hope they just bring Prior in to run the normal offense, plus the special plays he can create of course.

Jimbo

Jimbo, that's where I disagree.

In 2006, Tebow was a freshman and Leak was the senior. Tebow came in ONLY to run. As a matter of fact, the ratio of him running to throwing wasn't even close. It was so obvious that every time Tebow came in, it was to run. He fooled nobody.

In 2006, Tebow had a total of 357 yards passing including only 1 yard in the National Championship Game! Plus, that 357 yard total is actually inflated by a 200 yard passing game against cupcake team, Western Carolina. Bottom line, Tebow averaged 25 yards passing and had 6 yards passing or less 9 of his 14 games played that season!

The only similarity between Leak/Tebow of '06 to Boeckman/Pryor of '08 is that both teams feature a Freshman and Senior QB tandem. That is where the similarities end.

In 2006, Tebow was a freshman and Leak was the senior. Tebow came in ONLY to run. As a matter of fact, the ratio of him running to throwing wasn't even close. It was so obvious that every time Tebow came in, it was to run. He fooled nobody.

In 2006, Tebow had a total of 357 yards passing including only 1 yard in the National Championship Game! Plus, that 357 yard total is actually inflated by a 200 yard passing game against cupcake team, Western Carolina. Bottom line, Tebow averaged 25 yards passing and had 6 yards passing or less 9 of his 14 games played that season!

The only similarity between Leak/Tebow of '06 to Boeckman/Pryor of '08 is that both teams feature a Freshman and Senior QB tandem. That is where the similarities end.
I agree HD MM. The knock on Tebow before last year was that no one knew if he could actually throw effectively as a starting QB. His ratio of running plays to passing plays in 2006 was about 3:1. And in fact, 21 of his 33 passing attempts that year were in blowouts against UCF and Western Carolina. So he only threw the ball 12 times in the remaining 12 games.

I agree HD MM. The knock on Tebow before last year was that no one knew if he could actually throw effectively as a starting QB. His ratio of running plays to passing plays in 2006 was about 3:1. And in fact, 21 of his 33 passing attempts that year were in blowouts against UCF and Western Carolina. So he only threw the ball 12 times in the remaining 12 games.

Regardless, I'd like to see him run the normal offense so he learns ALL the plays and when he comes in the D* doesn't know if he's going to run or throw.

We have a damn good set of RB's we don't need Prior running for us.
I just hope that Prior is a better passer than what is advertised.

Jimbo

Last edited:
Is that Jamarcus from LSU?!

Nope. Look again. It's the Buckeye's new QB! Say hello to Mr. Pryor fellas!

large_PryorFirstDay2.jpg

With Ohio State considered a favorite to make another BCS title game, and their QB a freshman,

can anyone name all the freshman QB's that played in a BCS game?

Which bowl game does jwfgeol see Tennessee playing in?
Best case senario, 10-2 season, Capital One Bowl.
Worst case, 8-4, and if only one SEC team makes the BCS, they could drop all the way to the Liberty or Music City bowls. If two SEC teams make the BCS, probably Chick-fil-a or Cotton. I think Alabama could throw a wrench in things. If they have a decent season, they may get picked by a bigger bowl because of the history and fan base.

I'm happy they are ranked #8.

But why in the world is Auburn ranked #7?

Seriously, Auburn?? They are a tremendously mediocre team with zero playmakers.

They're basically the Ravens- all D, no O.

Auburn is ranked high because of their reputation and name.

War Eagle = OVERRATED!!
I would tend to agree, but I've seen flashes of brilliance from Kodi Burns. Can he survive an entire season in the SEC? I guess we'll find out.

I'm happy they are ranked #8.

But why in the world is Auburn ranked #7?

Seriously, Auburn?? They are a tremendously mediocre team with zero playmakers.

They're basically the Ravens- all D, no O.

Auburn is ranked high because of their reputation and name.

War Eagle = OVERRATED!!
Well one reason is that Auburn is switching to a spread offense, the same one you rave about with TT. So I guess the ranking is based on expectations that Auburn's offense will be better and they have pretty favorable schedule.

I think Jimbo's referring to the little parts next to Ohio State.

The small pictures of Florida, Missouri, Georgia, and USC.

THAT is what he meant by a stupid cover.

See the part I circled?

41514711nu8.jpg

Well if it's any consolation, the Buckeyes take up the entire cover page. The other side flanking the right is actually the inside flap.

Mc Nabb's Yard Vandalized

Alonzo Mourning retires

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)