NCAA Football 2008-09 Season

Yep, the Suger Bowl will take the loser of Alabama-Florida. Either team, even with a loss in the SECCG is a great match for the Sugar Bowl. And there is NO way that the Sugar Bowl won't take an SEC team, especially one that will still be in the top 10.

Out of the 10 bids, it'll be:
MNC - Big 12 & SEC
Rose - Pac 10 & Big 10
Fiesta - Big 12 & Pac 10 (if Oregon St is in the Rose) or Utah/Boise St./Big 10 (if USC is in the Rose)
Sugar - SEC & Utah/Boise St.
Orange - ACC & Big East

Ohio St's only hope to get in a BCS game is to win the big 10 or hope that Oregon St. does not win the Pac 10 and that either Utah or Boise St. loses.

The Fiesa Bowl might take Utah over Ohio St., due to unfeated status and Utah is in closer proximity.

The Sugar Bowl on the other hand will take an undefeated Utah or Boise St. over Ohio St., and the Sugar Bowl is first and foremost an SEC game, and it looks good to have the SEC team beat up an undefeated team, as opposed to Ohio St. for a 3rd year in a row. And the Sugar Bowl doesn't care if Ohio St. travels better than the other teams, because either Florida or Alabama will fill the Super Dome easily (again, the Sugar Bowl has always been first and foremost an SEC bowl game).

While is almost a guarantee that the Bama/Florida loser ends up in the Sugar and the Rose Bowl will take the traditional Pac-10/Big Ten matchup unless something screwy happens. One other guarantee is that Oklahoma will not play in the Fiesta. That would make 3 years straight and both sides will be open to a shift, likely the Orange which would give them a sub-regional balance.

At this point to me it appears this way:

NCG: SEC(Bama) vs. Big XII (Texas Tech)
Rose: Pac 10(Oregon St.) vs. Big Ten (Penn State)
Fiesta: Big XII (Texas) vs. Open (USC)
Sugar: SEC (Florida) vs. Big East (Cincinnati)
Orange: ACC (Miami) vs. Open (Utah)

While is almost a guarantee that the Bama/Florida loser ends up in the Sugar and the Rose Bowl will take the traditional Pac-10/Big Ten matchup unless something screwy happens. One other guarantee is that Oklahoma will not play in the Fiesta. That would make 3 years straight and both sides will be open to a shift, likely the Orange which would give them a sub-regional balance.

At this point to me it appears this way:

NCG: SEC(Bama) vs. Big XII (Texas Tech)
Rose: Pac 10(Oregon St.) vs. Big Ten (Penn State)
Fiesta: Big XII (Texas) vs. Open (USC)
Orange: ACC (Miami) vs. Open (Utah)

Good God. Hide the woman and children. If this matchup happens, it may be the most lopsided Bowl in College history.

Don't forget to tune into see Ball St. tonight in their quest at a perfect season. (After tonight, they have 1 more game on the 25th against against Western Michigan).

Wednesday, November 19

7:00 PM ET- No. 17 Ball State at Central Michigan TV: ESPN2

I'll be flipping back and forth between this game and the Cavs/Pistons game tonight.

Turned out to be a good game. I got to watch nearly the entire 4th quarter.

Ball State ended up holding on to win (31-24) after a game ending interception. Central Michigan had their 6 game win streak snapped and suffered its first home loss this season.

The Cardinals play the Western Michigan Broncos (6-1, 9-2) at home, next Tuesday the 25th.

If they win and go undefeated, do you consider them in an at large BCS bid?

I can't see the Sugar Bowl taking a 2 loss Cincinnati over an undefeated Utah. After all, Cincinnati is only a couple years from being a non-BCS team itself. The Sugar Bowl people would rather take an undefeated team instead to increase the prestige of the game.

One other guarantee is that Oklahoma will not play in the Fiesta.
If Texas Tech wins out and goes into the MNC, then the Texas will automatically get a BCS bid, by virtue of the top 3 rule.
  • The third-ranked team will receive an automatic berth if it has not already received one, and if it is a member of a BCS Conference.
  • If the third-ranked team did not require an at-large berth, then the fourth-ranked team will receive an automatic berth if it has not already received one, and if it is a member of a BCS Conference.

You're crazy, seriously. Miami making a BCS game (if it happens) has a bunch more to do with the rest of the ACC shifting back. That conference is really just horrid.

Hell - you could have 4 loss BCS rep. 4!

IF they win out.....At Georgia Tech and NC State...they play for the ACC Championship. Winner of THAT game place in a BCS Bowl.

So wait a minute, NOW that Miami is starting to improve, the ACC is horrid??!! As much as the ACC may be bad...I the Big East is WORSE and has not been the same since VT and Miami left.:rolleyes:

BINGO. Amazing how BC, VPI, and the U all "got good" when they bathed in the overhyped healing waters of the ACC basketball league. :)

OVERHYPED??!! Listen, I am HUGE Syracuse Orangemen basketball fan....and the ACC has ALWAYS been ONE OF THE BEST conference when it comes to college basketball. Again, I love Big East basketball...but open your eyes just a tad and expand your horizons when it comes to college basketball west of South Bend and south of Washington D.C. :rolleyes:

I can't see the Sugar Bowl taking a 2 loss Cincinnati over an undefeated Utah. After all, Cincinnati is only a couple years from being a non-BCS team itself. The Sugar Bowl people would rather take an undefeated team instead to increase the prestige of the game.

The way the Big East is shaping up, the BCS committee will put big pressure on either the Sugar and Fiesta to take them instead of the Orange, which if Miami ended up in the game would sellout but be a bad sell on TV.
One thing the BCS has learned from the smaller schools being in the games is that send smaller crowds but are bigger spenders....this is their "Super Bowl".

OVERHYPED??!! Listen, I am HUGE Syracuse Orangemen basketball fan....and the ACC has ALWAYS been ONE OF THE BEST conference when it comes to college basketball. Again, I love Big East basketball...but open your eyes just a tad and expand your horizons when it comes to college basketball west of South Bend and south of Washington D.C. :rolleyes:

I don't mind Marquette or Depaul :p:p:p :)

Good God. Hide the woman and children. If this matchup happens, it may be the most lopsided Bowl in College history.

Hopefully, that won't happen.

If anything, Cincinnati will play the ACC survivor will be an interesting Orange Bowl, but REALLY bad for the ratings.

(If Cincy beats Pittsburgh this weekend, they are a lock to get to the Orange Bowl, since their last Big East game is against godawful Syracuse, and I can't see the Orange playing spoiler)

Oklahoma, at home, is favored by 7 over Texas Tech.:D

That's what running up the score and being UNSTOPPABLE, INVINCIBLE, AND MERCILESS at home does for you.:D

BTW, let me just say this: Oklahoma is REALLY BAD against opposing QB's. They have been lit up already by Texas, Kansas, and Kansas State.

I don't see OU playing for the national title- too one-dimensional, regardless of how awesome that dimension as.

[/B]

Hopefully, that won't happen.

If anything, Cincinnati will play the ACC survivor will be an interesting Orange Bowl, but REALLY bad for the ratings.

(If Cincy beats Pittsburgh this weekend, they are a lock to get to the Orange Bowl, since their last Big East game is against godawful Syracuse, and I can't see the Orange playing spoiler)

The BCS only exist for 2 things, to play a game it can call the "Championship" and present games that capture fans at the gate and on TV.

The BCS/Orange Bowl will have a real problem selling a game nationally with both the ACC and Big East involved in it. If Miami ends up in the game that helps with tickets, but how many fans from any of the Big East schools other than possibly W. Virigina would travel to that game. That matchup has zero national appeal and with the primetime Jan. 1 slot the would BCS want other options. The easy out for this is Oregon St. to lose, that opens Ohio State up to play there or Oklahoma beat Texas Tech and Texas beat Missouri in the Big XII CG, that would send Oklahoma there....The Big East Champ would go to the Fiesta.

The BCS/Orange Bowl will have a real problem selling a game nationally with both the ACC and Big East involved in it. If Miami ends up in the game that helps with tickets, but how many fans from any of the Big East schools other than possibly W. Virigina would travel to that game.
I wouldn't count on Miami to spike ticket sales for the Orange Bowl. They only get about 30,000 to their home games.

That's what running up the score and being UNSTOPPABLE, INVINCIBLE, AND MERCILESS at home does for you.:D

BTW, let me just say this: Oklahoma is REALLY BAD against opposing QB's. They have been lit up already by Texas, Kansas, and Kansas State.

I don't see OU playing for the national title- too one-dimensional, regardless of how awesome that dimension as.
No, that's what odds-makers see as reality. OU plays well at home. Tech has won with this system before in Lubbock (with help from the refs), but not in Norman. Owen Field will be a madhouse on Saturday! Not a great environment for a finesse team.

Oh, about this "running up the score" crap. I saw a crawl on ESPN that said OU has averaged 47.5 points in the FIRST HALF of their last four games. After that, most of the points were put up by the defense or special teams.

Are you going to sit your starters after the 1st quarter? It's the other team's job to keep you from scoring points, and it's not my team's job to take a knee for every series in the second half. It's not like they're out there running trick plays to win by 47 instead of 40.

I wanted to say the same thing. OU has been doing all their scoring in the first half and then running the ball to keep the clock moving in the second half. Second halfs have been pretty boring affairs for the Sooners the last few games.

This will be a high scoring game and the first offense to stumble will lose the game. Madhouse is being nice. I expect Pandemonium, you will be lucky to even hear the whistles blow.

Who on earth could be tired of seeing the Song Girls?!

Me. I want something DIFFERENT in the Rose Bowl for once.

The Rose Bowl has turned into a USC lovefest, and it would be REFRESHING to see someone else from the Pac 10.

Besides, a lot of fans are getting bored of the same old Trojans in Pasadena.

Mc Nabb's Yard Vandalized

Alonzo Mourning retires

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)