NCAA Football 2008-09 Season

Salsa isn't going to like what happened to the U tonight...

41-16. O-U-C-H.

They got what they deserved! They knew that coming into the game, IF the defense stuck to their assignments and they LEGITIMATELY made tackles, they could win the game. Georgia Tech has run on EVERYONE, they AVERAGED 250+ rushing per game and was known to fumble alot. What does the team do???!!
ALL they did was try to strip the ball.....

....never mind trying to tackle someone.....anyone.....

So they got run over like a mack truck runs over dead carcass on the road....fast and with no mercy!

...Hopefully the baby 'Canes with learn from this major ass whippin' and know that when it comes to ROAD CONFERENCE GAMES, you have to bring your "A+" game.....:mad:

Your welcome North Carolina!:rolleyes::mad::(

Go Jackets! :D

images

BS-EE c/o '93

btw, has Miami ever beaten Ga Tech?

They have beaten GT, but it was a while back....Miami has lost 5 straight to them.
It's payback to the state for the number of time Fla. St. has beaten us in a row. ;)

I wonder who is going to win the Coastal now. 5 of the 6 teams have 3 losses each. UVA & VT still play each other, so one will be knocked out, but there is still a big chance of a 4-way tie between the winner of that game, Ga Tech (done with ACC play), Miami (only NC State left), and UNC (NC State & Duke left).

Found the tie breaker rules on the ACC website
http://www.theacc.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/082105aad.html

It's payback to the state for the number of time Fla. St. has beaten us in a row. ;)

I wonder who is going to win the Coastal now. 5 of the 6 teams have 3 losses each. UVA & VT still play each other, so one will be knocked out, but there is still a big chance of a 4-way tie between the winner of that game, Ga Tech (done with ACC play), Miami (only NC State left), and UNC (NC State & Duke left).

Found the tie breaker rules on the ACC website
Atlantic Coast Conference Football Divisional Tiebreaker :: <blank>

Nice find.:up This weekend SHOULD be interesting. So now, NO ONE is the drivers seat. EVERYONE needs a little help.....:cool:

salsa - I feel for you. Paul Johnson did the same exact thing to us, with Navy, a few years ago. Just demolished us.

I wouldn't count on Miami to spike ticket sales for the Orange Bowl. They only get about 30,000 to their home games.

That's pitiful. Kentucky averages way more than that every year and they have never been a great football team.

salsa - I feel for you. Paul Johnson did the same exact thing to us, with Navy, a few years ago. Just demolished us.
Paul Johnson was a great addition. He had a great history at Ga. Southern (2 National Titles), and is really popular with the college football fans in the state, even with the Bulldog fans.
His predecessor, Chan Gailey, never was liked by the fans, but Johnson has stirred a lot of excitement.
It doesn't hurt that his first year has exceeded expectations.

No worries. GT has done it to EVERYONE. I mean it is scary to see a team AVERAGE 250+ yards a game RUNNING THE BALL..!!!:eek:

Plus, like I said...they are a very well coached team and they took advantage of a young, OVERLY aggresive team. This would not happen AS BAD against a more veteran team. What was REALLY disappoint was the lack of effort to tackle and more of a stupid effort to rip the ball away.

Nice find.:up This weekend SHOULD be interesting. So now, NO ONE is the drivers seat. EVERYONE needs a little help.....:cool:
Not quite. Here are the scenario's needed for teams to win the Coastal.

Va Tech
- just win it's last 2 games, owns the tie breaker against Ga Tech, and currently has the best Divisional record with only 1 loss so wins a 3/4 team tiebreaker as well.
Miami - Va. Tech loses and either or both Virginia and North Carolina win out. Miami wins a 3/4 way tie involving Ga Tech and either of those teams, but loses a 2 way tie against Ga Tech.
Virginia - beat Va. Tech & have Miami lose to NC State.
North Carolina - both Va. Tech & Virginia have to lose. Owns the tie breaker against both Ga Tech and Miami, but not Virginia. Non-divisional games gives a 3 way tiebreaker to Miami.
Ga Tech - 3 divisional loses limits them, as they only own a 2-way tie breaker against Miami, and can not win a 3 way tie. Va Tech, Virginia, and North Carolina all have to lose.

Plus, like I said...they are a very well coached team and they took advantage of a young, OVERLY aggresive team. This would not happen AS BAD against a more veteran team.
It will be very interesting to see what Paul Johnson will do with his team with a couple years under the belt.

Orange Bowl in 2004....

BUT, I love the fact that with all the crap that has been talked here about The U.....they have a possible chance of a BCS BOWL...TWO YEARS EARLY!!!:D:D:D

EDIT: 2 Peach Bowl appearances in 2005 and 2006. BUT, they are not in the same league as the Orange Bowl.

So after last night, is the U back on on it's previous schedule to make a BSC bowl.?:D

Mc Nabb's Yard Vandalized

Alonzo Mourning retires

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)