NCAA Football 2008-09 Season

Just a few- Vanderbilt and Ole Miss.

Until last year, Mississippi State was really bad, but Sylvester Croom's got something going down there.
I'll give you Ole Miss. They have the worst football team and the best looking girls in the SEC. Vandy always seems to have one or two good conference victories a year, though. 2007 they beat South Carolina and 2006 they beat Georgia.

SEC bottom feeders are usually considered to be Vandy,Kentucky or either of the Mississippi teams. All would flourish in the Big East.

All have more talent than either Rutgers or Pittsburgh to just name a couple.

Ha ha. Rutgers or Pitt would destroy any of the teams you mentioned, and do just fine in the "mighty" SEC.

Of course, we'll never know, because the SEC pretty much only plays the Sun Belt OOC. :)

Your far overvalueing the talent pool of Rugers or Pitt if you think they could compete in the SEC.

Though I will admit that South Florida is a team on the rise. Will be a force for years (IMO)

Pat White's are a dime a dozen in the SEC and more than likely nickel backs instead of QB's.

Late edit: thought I'd better take the Sun Belt crack out.:)

hancox, you're doing a lot of barking at the ACC for someone whose team lost TWICE to the ACC last year.

I know. Forgive me, I only want a crack at one of them now, and I can't have it (you get one guess).

Hey, we beat Dook, though :)

We also get at least 2 more cracks this year, UVA and @UNC. Both should be competive, fun games (like @ UVA and essentially @ WFU last year)

Your far overvalueing the talent pool of Rugers or Pitt if you think they could compete in the SEC.

Though I will admit that South Florida is a team on the rise. Will be a force for years (IMO)

Pat White's are a dime a dozen in the SEC and more than likely nickel backs instead of QB's.

Riiiiiiiiight. Ask Georgia about Pat White being "a dime a dozen in the SEC" :rolleyes:

Didn't YOUR Tar Heels crack the ACC mystique of Florida State?

In 2001, they beat them 41-9.

THAT was the beginning of the end.
Not really. UNC had some Top 10 teams in the 90's that never beat Florida St. All we could do was finish 2nd and get to play in the utterly crappy Gator Bowl. Virginia and GT had some good teams too in those days, but they always lost to FSU. I'll take real competition over seeing Bowden and his thugs humiliate the rest of the conference every year.

I know. Forgive me, I only want a crack at one of them now, and I can't have it (you get one guess).

Hey, we beat Dook, though :)

We also get at least 2 more cracks this year, UVA and @UNC. Both should be competive, fun games (like @ UVA and essentially @ WFU last year)
You should have beaten UVA last year. No doubt.

Yeah I'm no ACC supporter by any means and they have hit an obvious "down cycle" but there are far more talented players in the ACC. Not even close.

West Virginia would fare well in the ACC, (IMO) but no other Big East team would break .500 in most instances.

Indeed. It's one of the reasons I CAN'T WAIT to see them at the Rent this year :)
Especially now that Chris Long and all the other guys they had last year are gone. Virginia's been nothing but mediocre this decade until last year. I have a feeling that they will return to form this season.

S. Florida will be around for a few years and then drop back to where it was before, once they have a few players graduate and the incoming ones don't want to go there because they have options to play at bigger schools, they will drop back down.

It happens to alot of teams, they jump up, make some noise and then they are gone.

Boise State is the closest I can see to being legit.

Hawaii, Arkansas, Utah and Rutgers to name a few, all teams that were real good and then graduate and fall off, Arkansas and Rutgers haven't yet, but they will.

Jimbo

S. Florida will be around for a few years and then drop back to where it was before, once they have a few players graduate and the incoming ones don't want to go there because they have options to play at bigger schools, they will drop back down.

It happens to alot of teams, they jump up, make some noise and then they are gone.

Boise State is the closest I can see to being legit.

Hawaii, Arkansas, Utah and Rutgers to name a few, all teams that were real good and then graduate and fall off, Arkansas and Rutgers haven't yet, but they will.

Jimbo
You can add Missouri and Kansas to that list too. They will descend back to mediocrity once this class graduates.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts