NCAA Football 2008-09 Season

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
ex Wolverine, Braylon Edwards seen in a Penn State Shirt!

Either Braylon lost a bet to Penn State alumn Joe Jurivicious, or he refuses to support that evil school up north while they are coached by Rich-Rod :D.........

n724516711_1335460_2506.jpg

hancox

Pub Member / UConnaholic
Supporting Founder
Nov 23, 2003
Monroe, CT
He could have been. You should have seen how scared opposing teams were to kick the ball to him. They'd rather pooch kick it and give us the ball at the 40.

Oh well. We're playing with a 3rd string QB and a RB who was a backup safety last year so what else is new? At least we're winning.

We certainly tried that method. Field position just killed us in that game.

Sorry , Anders

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
All true, Jimbo. Like I said before the biggest problem at MICHIGAN is the lack of experience on offense, especially the line. If this doesn't turn around significantly next season, then Rodriguez may be in trouble. He will get at least another season.

Outside of the rec's, the Buckeyes are also lacking experience., next year should be much better offensively.

Jimbo

anders5189

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 11, 2008
ESPN asked when I got home today :
If Penn State , Alabama and Texas all end up undefeated .......

Who gets left out of the MNC game ?

Jimbo
Good question. I'll say Penn St. Their best wins would be over Ohio St and Michigan St (assuming Michigan St doesn't fold). Beating Wisconsin and Michigan is worthless. Texas and Alabama would have more quality wins and conference CG wins as well. Penn St had better hope one of those teams loses or else this could be 1969 and 1994 all over again.

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
Penn St had better hope one of those teams loses or else this could be 1969 and 1994 all over again.

If there was a BCS in 1994, Penn State doesn't get screwed.

The BCS may not be great, but the old system was worse.

In the old days, Ohio State and Miami, instead of having an epic Fiesta Bowl clash, would have played in separate bowl games and split a a national title.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
Good question. I'll say Penn St. Their best wins would be over Ohio St and Michigan St (assuming Michigan St doesn't fold). Beating Wisconsin and Michigan is worthless. Texas and Alabama would have more quality wins and conference CG wins as well. Penn St had better hope one of those teams loses or else this could be 1969 and 1994 all over again.

ESPN thought that PSU would MAKE it, because of Paterno, possibly being the end for him.
I think like you that PSU would be the team left out.
The would never take a Penn State from the Big Ten over a SEC team, it's a SEC given right to be there anyways.

Where is the MNC game this year ?

Jimbo

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
SportingNews.com - Your expert source for NCAA Football stats, scores, standings, and blogs from NCAA Football columnists

Football coaches holding campus-wide tryouts in the middle of the season isn't unheard of in college football. It's just usually to look for soccer players who can kick instead of a quarterback.

But Washington State coach Paul Wulff had to resort to a tryout this week to find a scout team quarterback after losing his top two quarterbacks, Kevin Lopina and Gary Rogers, to injuries early in the season.
And the winner is ...
"We actually just picked him this morning. I don't know his name," Wulff said Tuesday. "We went through a series of 29 kids who went through it. He's a good kid. He's a kid from the state of Washington. He's a two-year starter at Woodinville High School."
And he does have a name: Peter Roberts. For now, Roberts will run the scout team as third-stringer Marshall Lobbestael starts and two freshmen backups also get some regular practice time in case they're needed to play.

May god have mercy on Wazzu's souls against USC.

If you think what BYU did to UCLA was ugly..... my god!

toto

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 29, 2003
Texas, Alabama, and Penn State will all lose. Texas could lose more than once. If there is a mid major or minor major or not a big guy who is undefeated, will they have the opportunity to play in the BCS championship this year?:D

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
Ohio State Fans Would Rather Deal With Bad Economy Than Lose to Michigan

There was a poll taken on the COLUMBUS DISPATCH’s BUCKEYE XTRA (via FANHOUSE) yesterday, and it asked a pretty simple question:

If there were a guarantee that the Dow would be at 13,000 on Monday, Nov. 24, if Ohio State loses to Michigan on Nov. 22, would you make that deal?

Fifty-nine percent of Ohioans said they’d rather have the economy in the crapper than have the Buckeyes lose to the Wolverines. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts