NCAA Football 2008-09 Season

WHY
Why should a team have to play a game in a BOWL game no less at thier HOME stadium.
Only a few teams in the country get that advantage, unfortunatly USC does every year.

I think if you qualify for a bowl game you should NOT be allowed to play a home game.

They mentioned Ball State and ND earlier in the telecast.

USC's home is at the LA coliesum, not the Rose Bowl (UCLA's home)

Buffalo will get blown out in their bowl game and everyone will find out that they are a horrible representative of the MAC conference.

They were the FOURTH best team in that conference in terms of win-loss, yet have lucked their way to a tainted title.

I may originally be from Buffalo, but I'm not wearing rose-colored glasses.

It was a bowl game. In my understanding Boise got invited to the game, which happened to be on their home field. Ball state got invited also. The declined for the reason you gave, which isnt a good reason if you are good enough. The excuse doesnt fly IMHO. Who cares what field it is on. It would have been a good bowl game, and Ball (less) state didnt want to play it for whatever reason.

The MAC has the Motor City Bowl they host in Detroit every year. Ball St. offered the same matchup in Detroit. Boise St. didn't accept that either. It goes both ways. Neither party budged. No biggie.

WHY

I think if you qualify for a bowl game you should NOT be allowed to play a home game.

I dont disagree with this, however this is how it happend. It doesnt make Ball state look, any better. It makes them come across as scared. What difference does it make if it were a bowl game or not? If it were a regular season game would they have used the same excuse? Its on THEIR home field....seems weak to me is all

It was a bowl game. In my understanding Boise got invited to the game, which happened to be on their home field. Ball state got invited also. The declined for the reason you gave, which isnt a good reason if you are good enough. The excuse doesnt fly IMHO. Who cares what field it is on. It would have been a good bowl game, and Ball (less) state didnt want to play it for whatever reason.

Actually they have commitments just like the rest of the conferences and are not able to break them... They have the Motor City bowl for what it's worth and the GMAC bowl both MAC tie in's.

If tonight is any indication, Boise would kill them.

Jimbo

The MAC has the Motor City Bowl they host in Detroit every year. Ball St. offered the same matchup in Detroit. Boise St. didn't accept that either. It goes both ways. Neither party budged. No biggie.

Did the motor city bowl commitee invite BOTH teams to that bowl? Ball State cant offer what it cant control

Remember how I was livid at the bad refereeing in the 49ers/Cardinals Monday Night game?

This trumps that by a wide margin.

An undefeated season is going down the drain because of HORRIBLE OFFICIALS!

Ball State got SCREWED, ROBBED, HOSED!

I hope Buffalo gets destroyed in their bowl game!

Enjoy your tainted title, Bulls! You're the least worthy conference champion since the 1994 Texas Tech Red Raiders!

Actually they have commitments just like the rest of the conferences and are not able to break them... They have the Motor City bowl for what it's worth and the GMAC bowl both MAC tie in's.

If tonight is any indication, Boise would kill them.

Jimbo

Yes, there are other tie ins, but it seems that Ball State wanted a more favorable match up.

Bowl reps can made decisions that are in the best interest of the bowls at times, excluding bowl ties.... that is what Boise and Ball state should have done.

Plus, if different to offer a game on your home field than one in Detroit. Its closure for Ball state fans to travel, but if your Boise State who wants to travel to Detroit :)

Remember how I was livid at the bad refereeing in the 49ers/Cardinals Monday Night game?

This trumps that by a wide margin.

An undefeated season is going down the drain because of HORRIBLE OFFICIALS!

Ball State got SCREWED, ROBBED, HOSED!

I hope Buffalo gets destroyed in their bowl game!

Enjoy your tainted title, Bulls! You're the least worthy conference champion since the 1994 Texas Tech Red Raiders!

Great day for Buffalo.

The Juice finally gets locked up and Buffalo wins the MAC.

I just realized something.

This game is taking place in the same stadium that hosted the very controversial Seahawks/Steelers Super Bowl.

Coincidence? I THINK NOT!!

ESPN just said Buffalo QB, Drew Willy is a better pro-prospect than Chase Daniel (Mizzou)!

Very weird, but remember what happened with Leinart and Cutler a few years ago?

If I told you a Vanderbilt QB would be looking better in the NFL than a USC Heisman winner, I would have laughed in your face.

*Buffalo Bulls*
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
*2008 MAC Champions*

Sorry. Had to do it twice.

I may have lived in Buffalo many years, but I will not root for a team that won a tainted title virtually on some of the WORST officiating I've ever seen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)