NCAA Football 2009-10 Season

Navy is no pushover. They consistently lead College in rushing and are one of the least penalized teams in the country. They are very disciplined and NEVER give up. Plus, they run the very unique triple option which can be difficult to defend. Navy's offensive line, which is smaller than just about every defensive opponent they face, uses the "chop block" which is illegal in the pro's. If you watch them, they block at the knees or below. Navy's strategy is to get the opposing D-Line to their knees. The Mid-Shipman are a pesky bunch and this form of play is why they can give plenty teams a scare.

I hope you're right. The D did not look very good Saturday. Hopefully it can be chalked up to not being experienced in defending against the triple option. We'll know how good the Bucks actually are come Saturday night. I can't wait....I wish I had tickets.

For people in the midwest it is, for the rest of the country it doesn't matter.
The powers of college football change and yet college football still continues.
Army & Navy used to the be the great powers, and for a long time National Championship meant Alabama, yet we survived when none of those teams were relevant.

Exactly, I don't think anyone south of Indiana cares one way or the other about either team, just like I am sure those in the midwest could care less that Tennessee was down for the last 2 years.

Wrong. BYU was taking it to the Sooners well before the Bradford injury.

Bradford or not, BYU played up to the talents of the #3 School in the Nation on Saturday.

Just wait until FSU travels to BYU. FSU defense will be lit up worse than it was last night ans this time ESPN will not be able to sugar coat it. The walking dead, Mickey Andwes, Jimbo Fisher and Bobby Bowden will have an even more dumbfounded look on their faces, than they did last night.

Indeed! Very exciting game and a tremendous cap to an exciting Labor Day Weekend of College Football!

Great game to watch regardless who you were rooting for. Miami was still missing they 2 starting DE...and it showed last night because there was very little pressure on the QB. They also played a TON of zone-2 coverage, not typical of Miami teams....that is why there was so much open underneath stuff. They ALSO remember how Ponder lit them up last year for 140+ running yards. When Miami played man-to-man, FSU could not move the ball.

Hopefully, Miami will have the DE backs next game because they are gonna DEFINATELY need them against Georgia Tech.

I heard Bobby Bowden say on the radio this morning that last nights FSU/Miami game was the greatest game he's been a part of in which his team lost! Wow!

I know Miami has a brutal start, but given what is going on with Oklahoma and that Georgia Tech has to go on the road, the homestretch looks pretty easy outside of North Carolina.

P.S. Salsa, glad you're back from your vacation.

I know Miami has a brutal start, but given what is going on with Oklahoma and that Georgia Tech has to go on the road, the homestretch looks pretty easy outside of North Carolina.

P.S. Salsa, glad you're back from your vacation.

Georgia Tech has a GREAT running game....they will be tough game. But believe me, I have circled that Oklahoma game for a VERY long time.

I am really still hoping for a 3-2 record after the brutal 1st 5 games.

Thanks...there are times you have to walkaway before you lose your composure. I should know this having a 4 year old and a 9 year old....LOL!;)

I hope you're right. The D did not look very good Saturday. Hopefully it can be chalked up to not being experienced in defending against the triple option. We'll know how good the Bucks actually are come Saturday night. I can't wait....I wish I had tickets.

What scares me most is not our defense, but our O-Line. Navy was getting pressure on Pryor, which he consistently got out of, but he shouldn't have gotten pressured in the first place. If we can't pass protect against Navy, USC is going to be an even much bigger chore. Also, our O-line wasn't able to open up many holes for our RB's (Saine and Herron). If we can't muster a run game to take some pressure off Pryor, we could be in trouble.

What this game comes down to will be won in the trenches. Look to see who is able to control the line of scrimmage. That team will win on Saturday.

They will have 10 days because the game is Thursday of NEXT WEEK. It will be a great game and a TRUE measuring stick as to where this team is.
I had my doubts about Miami coming in, but I was impressed by the improvement in Jacory Harris. He looked very good. It's nice to have one good QB instead of rotating QB's every series like Mimai did last year. Of course they better protect Harris because they have NO ONE ready to play behind him.

I had my doubts about Miami coming in, but I was impressed by the improvement in Jacory Harris. He looked very good. It's nice to have one good QB instead of rotating QB's every series like Mimai did last year. Of course they better protect Harris because they have NO ONE ready to play behind him.

Yeah, but as they said last night....MOST of ALL college football teams have only ONE real good QB...and then question marks galore.

Jacory showed he can take a hit...and was THE coolest under pressure in that whole stadium last night. Miami SHOWED they can win on the road in a hostile environment. The thing that worried me was that BS squib kicking idea and HOW LONG will the 2 starting DEs be out. ALL running plays by FSU went to the outside...

Polls are out...

BYU and OkSt jumped quite a bit off of their wins. Media darling USC up near the top as usual. LSU idle after seemingly struggling against the Huskies.

Geaux Tigers!

BYU and OkSt jumped quite a bit off of their wins. Media darling USC up near the top as usual. LSU idle after seemingly struggling against the Huskies.

Geaux Tigers!
Suprised to see BYU jump that much honestly.

Ok State I can see.

LSU, still not sure what to make of them, so staying put seems about right.

Alabama went up one, which is what I expected. Glad to see two first place votes in there.

Suprised to see BYU jump that much honestly.

Ok State I can see.

LSU, still not sure what to make of them, so staying put seems about right.

Alabama went up one, which is what I expected. Glad to see two first place votes in there.

As much as I hate Osabin Bin Lying....I think Alabama SHOULD be #1.

Geaux Tigers!

I didn't see the OSU game, but I think BYU was going to win anyways. They were giving OU ALL they can handle even BEFORE their QB was injured. The pressure from the front 7 was not gonna be any different WHO was QBing the Sooner. I think they deserve to win that game, ESPECIALLY since it was in Oklahoma.

I didn't see the OSU game, but I think BYU was going to win anyways. They were giving OU ALL they can handle even BEFORE their QB was injured. The pressure from the front 7 was not gonna be any different WHO was QBing the Sooner. I think they deserve to win that game, ESPECIALLY since it was in Oklahoma.
ACTUALLY, it was in Dallas.

But OU will have a tough season this year, with an injured Heismann QB and an All-American tight end out for the year, a brand new offensive line, and a questionable secondary. I see losses to Miami, O-State, Texas, Kansas, and maybe Nebraska.

Redskins Vinnie Cerrato resigns!

Scary news for the Bengals "Chris Henry, dead at 26"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)