NCAA Football 2009-10 Season

Man that was a late night last night watching my Tigers. I'm dragging this morning (oops, afternoon :)). Anyway, UW put the Tigers to the test last night. Gotta say I was worried most of the game. Sarkisian sure has that program fired up and moving in the right direction, their fans should enjoy this season. They seem to have some talent that wasn't so obvious last year. I wish them all the best this year.

As for LSU, I didn't like what I saw on defense. UW amassed 269 yards offense in the first half alone and 478 yards total. Not good for a defense trying to come off a bad year. Chavis (the new DCoord) seemed to just sullenly stand around during the game and interacted very little with the players - is this his method of firing them up? Hope not. I know they didn't have much to prepare for, but the Tigers gave up 3rd and long over and over again (UT fans warned me about "3rd and Chavis"). If LSU hasn't corrected their problems on defense, it's going to be a long season I'm afraid (Tebow could win the Heisman during the LSU game alone :().

Jordan Jefferson, LSU's 19 year old QB, seemed to get better as the game went on. He still has a long way to go though. I hope he lasts the season, he took some nasty hits last night trying to run the ball. But, a win is a win and it was the first game of the season. Hopefully my Tigers will get better as the season progresses.

Overall some good games yesterday. Bama pulled it out the anus over VTech and Georgia just couldn't handle OkSt. And I don't care what they say, I know Navy had the Bucknuts sweating a little. Big wins by Michigan and Notre Dame should make their fans happy, right now. Too bad for Bradford and the Sooners - tough to lose your Heisman player in game one, and maybe your MCN hopes. I feel for ya.

:) Geaux Tigers!

Last edited:
Only one thought from this weekend.

The ACC is pathetic. Their only I-A win was over a Sun Belt team, and they had 2 I-AA losses!

Only one thought from this weekend.

The ACC is pathetic. Their only I-A win was over a Sun Belt team, and they had 2 I-AA losses!
You sure you want to bash the ACC this week? :D

(Actually the performance of the conference as a whole was bad, but that's not my concern. I'm not like the SEC fans who pull for the conference no matter what.)

Hoo boy, Anders - this is going to be fun. Already assembling the tailgate supplies

Very impressed with Michigan's win today.

3 things that stood out to me:

The QB's, how well Tate Forcier handled the game, and how fast Denard Robinson can run!

The Defense kept Western Michigan confused all game long with the exception of a few drives late in the game.

The Warren kid, looks like he can be a real play maker at corner. I want to keep an eye on him and see how he develops.

I can't add anything to that. My thoughts exactly.

GO BLUE!!!

Cats have a brutal month ahead. Louisville, Florida, Alabama, Auburn, and South Carolina. We shall see if Hartline has matured and if Cobb can continue his great play.

If they come out with 3 wins of those, I will be extremely happy.

Went to bed at halftime of the LSU/UW game. It was hard to believe that I was watching a team one year removed from a national championship play a team that hadn't won a game in 22 months.

Hey you win some you lose some, but I wasn't too far off on Navy was I?

Seems like OSU wasn't really into that game and Navy gave them a dose or two of their own medicine.

Hey you win some you lose some, but I wasn't too far off on Navy was I?

Seems like OSU wasn't really into that game and Navy gave them a dose or two of their own medicine.

Actually, stopping the Triple Option is very difficult, they won't see another offense run that all year.

I hope Pittsburgh and ND are ready when Navy gets there.

Navy ran it all day and in the end I've seen OSU every year have come back td's like Navy did in this game. No way #6 anyone in the country should play that close to a Navy team.

Looked like Navy made the second half adjustments and OSU did not. I guess they figured it was over at half time.

That's just the way I saw it at least.

Navy ran it all day and in the end I've seen OSU every year have come back td's like Navy did in this game. No way #6 anyone in the country should play that close to a Navy team.

Looked like Navy made the second half adjustments and OSU did not. I guess they figured it was over at half time.

That's just the way I saw it at least.

I never said they were the number 6 team, the voters did, which we all know means NOTHING before you even play a game.

My theory is they should be around 10 to start. They probably put them up that high because how they like to HYPE teams up with the USC game coming up, two teams closer in the polls would draw more intest.

Both USC and Ohio State have young teams, Buckeye lost a good portion of thier D last year to graduation and thier Offense is mostly Freshmen and Sophomores

You sure you want to bash the ACC this week? :D

(Actually the performance of the conference as a whole was bad, but that's not my concern. I'm not like the SEC fans who pull for the conference no matter what.)

The SEC won all there games except GA this week. We were already planning for GAs loss anyway. :rant:

My concern is FLAS receiving core. They dropped a lot of easy passes. FLAS running backs are 4 deep of people who can do some damage. 2 of which maybe the fastest players in college.

Redskins Vinnie Cerrato resigns!

Scary news for the Bengals "Chris Henry, dead at 26"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts