NCAA Football 2009-10 Season

Johnston: Florida-Alabama true national title game - College football- nbcsports.msnbc.com

I grow weary of the "Everyone else should bow down to the SEC" stuff I hear all the time.

Should Texas beat the winner of this game in the title game, talk about egg on your face.

NBC Sports? :D Like it would be anything new to them? Can't find any credentials on that writer, but saw he did say Tebow was a lock for the 2008 Heisman. :)

If Texas wins, all the SEC leaning sports writers will quickly move on to Basketball. :)

Johnston: Florida-Alabama true national title game - College football- nbcsports.msnbc.com

I grow weary of the "Everyone else should bow down to the SEC" stuff I hear all the time.

Should Texas beat the winner of this game in the title game, talk about egg on your face.
Unfortunately the last several years hasn't shown that happening.

The SEC has won 5 of the 11 BCS Championships. If they win this year, they'll have half of them. Only the Big 12 has won more than 1, and even they only have 2.

I'm surprised the SEC hasn't renamed the SEC Championship Game to the SEC National Championship Game.

Which btw, would be as accurate as saying the BCS national Championship Game, since the NCAA does not recognize any form of National Championship in Div-1A Football.

Thats a hell of a mismatch on paper.

Is it? Tenn is 7-5 (2nd place in SEC East) and VaTech is 9-3 (2nd place in Coastal - ACC), so they appear pretty evenly matched, even though we know it all depends on which VT and UT teams show up that day.

Sounds like one of the better match-ups I can remember in the Chick-Fil-A bowl (one I usually skip, but would watch that match-up.)

NBC Sports? :D Like it would be anything new to them? Can't find any credentials on that writer, but saw he did say Tebow was a lock for the 2008 Heisman. :)

If Texas wins, all the SEC leaning sports writers will quickly move on to Basketball. :)

You know he did get the most 1st place votes last year? So he was actually not that far off base.

Basketball:confused::confused:
No because unlike sissy color wearing schools, Basketball is only there to hold everyone over until spring practice.

The only thing better than that would be if Texas lost in the Big 12 championship and TCU/Cincy knocked off Alabama (who will roll Florida).
Out of the undefeated teams left (Texas, TCU, Cinncinati), I think TCU is the only one capable of defeating Florida or Alabama. With a playoff, I think TCU would actually win it all.

If I was a Gator or Tide fan, I'd be rooting for Texas over Nebraska.

I know I am ;) Hookum Horns!

Mainly because of this..

If FLA beats Texas to win the title. They got some good braggin rights.. However if Texas loses and FLA beats TCU. well there is always that "doubt" by the big12ers saying "Ya you played TCU from the LEAST conference not a real team like Texas etc etc" So id rather us beat the team with the regonition like Texas, then a team like TCU (whom I think is better then texas)

Mainly because of this..

If FLA beats Texas to win the title. They got some good braggin rights.. However if Texas loses and FLA beats TCU. well there is always that "doubt" by the big12ers saying "Ya you played TCU from the LEAST conference not a real team like Texas etc etc" So id rather us beat the team with the regonition like Texas, then a team like TCU (whom I think is better then texas)
One of Bobby Stoops' two home losses at Owen Field over the last 9 seasons was to TCU. We give them props here, but they might get more national respect if they weren't called the "Horned Frogs". :)

Mainly because of this..

I feel the same.

Kind of the same problem Bama had last year in the Sugar Bowl. It was Utah....blah. Of course Utah came out and kicked our butts, but I think that was part of it. It was Utah.....

Is it? Tenn is 7-5 (2nd place in SEC East) and VaTech is 9-3 (2nd place in Coastal - ACC), so they appear pretty evenly matched, even though we know it all depends on which VT and UT teams show up that day.

Sounds like one of the better match-ups I can remember in the Chick-Fil-A bowl (one I usually skip, but would watch that match-up.)
Not to mention that Georgia and South Carolina (teams Tennessee beat handily) beat both of the ACC championship game contenders last Saturday.

Mainly because of this..

Don't even sweat it, we won't even be there, didn't you hear the self-appointed kings and know-it-alls of college football(Buckeye Fans) say we are going to get rolled. I mean they should know they watch god all mighty, Woody Hayes Big 10 football every week. We should just send a petition to Urban Meyer and tell him not to even show up, I mean I don't want to get bitch slapped in a title game, I am scared for the program I don't want to get "buckeyed"

Don't even sweat it, we won't even be there, didn't you hear the self-appointed kings and know-it-alls of college football(Buckeye Fans) say we are going to get rolled. I mean they should know they watch god all mighty, Woody Hayes Big 10 football every week. We should just send a petition to Urban Meyer and tell him not to even show up, I mean I don't want to get bitch slapped in a title game, I am scared for the program I don't want to get "buckeyed"

I am alot more worried about the game this year then last year. Certainly more worried then I am about facing Texas.. Alabama got a lot better vs last year, and FLA well didnt improve much if any. If anything they lost some on offense.

So it will be a very tough defensive shootout (BigTen viewers will enjoy the game) Unless of course FLA or Alabama forget to show up....

Great drive that QB has been throwing some great ones tonight. And that Johnson guy has been impressive running..

I dunno I predicted OSU to win the game vs either of these teams, Im seeing doubts now.

Great drive that QB has been throwing some great ones tonight. And that Johnson guy has been impressive running..

I dunno I predicted OSU to win the game vs either of these teams, Im seeing doubts now.

I had my doubts against either of them, but you never know, depends which Buckeye team shows up....

If STATE gets in , your right regardless !

Bucks never do well against this type of offense.

Redskins Vinnie Cerrato resigns!

Scary news for the Bengals "Chris Henry, dead at 26"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)