NCAA Football 2009-10 Season

:confused: Do you realize you're not spelling your own QB's name correctly??

amd_tebow-hug.jpg
LMAO! :D

Except that its non-sense, from a statistical point of view. After 3 games, with as little interaction as there has been between teams and conferences, these rankings, while cute and interesting, are essentially what I would call an exercise in mental masturbation. At this time, there is no way in hell that anyone computing a strength of schedule that has any meaning to it, from a stat point of view. By the end of the season, it may be interesting to see what his collection looks like and how well it predicts the BCS bowl games.

Disclaimer: Its been almost 40 years since I did my graduate work in stats and quantitative methods, however, the basic laws of sampling and statistics have not changed during that time.
Oh, I agree it's "non-sense" (good play on words). Anyone with an ounce of knowledge about college football can look at some of the teams and where they are ranked to see that - it's laughable. I still stick to my original statement however, this early on it makes about as much sense as anything else. :)

As opposed to Big-10 fans, who can't count up to 11. :)

That's funny, but if we're really going to talk about the educational qualities between the Big 10, SEC and Big-12, it is quite obvious that the Big-10 has some of the most esteemed institutions among the other "big-3" institutions. Northwestern, Purdue, Indiana, Michigan and Ohio State are much more sought after for their academics then those other schools. :cool:

That's funny, but if we're really going to talk about the educational qualities between the Big 10, SEC and Big-12, it is quite obvious that the Big-10 has some of the most esteemed institutions among the other "big-3" institutions. Northwestern, Purdue, Indiana, Michigan and Ohio State are much more sought after for their academics then those other schools. :cool:
All those are good academic schools, just like OU.

The University of Oklahoma is No. 1 per capita among public universities in the number of freshman National Merit Scholars enrolled, and for the past 19 years has been in the top 20 of all public and private institutions in the entire country. OU is home to nearly 600 currently enrolled National Merit Scholars.

Too bad so many up here don't take advantage of it.

Please don't compare Ohio State to Northwestern, just like I won't compare Florida to Vanderbilt.

If anyone on here has ever listened to my podcast (don't know if one of the tens of listeners is out there :)), you know I pick three games each week. Here are my picks this week.

Alabama 38 - Arkansas 21

Cal 28 - Oregon 14

Virginia Tech 20 - Miami 17

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)