NCAA Football 2013 Off season discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.lostlettermen.com/slideshow/top-10-most-iconic-cfb-uniforms/#1

Pretty good list, most of these have stayed more or less the same for years. Although, oddly enough, the number one on the list has played with theirs recently when it comes to colors and one offs.

As soon as I saw FSU and their goofy helmet on that list I knew it was laughable. Hell, I hate Miami but the U on their helmet is more "iconic" than some stupid spear.

Also, Penn State's and Notre Dames bland helmets do nothing for me either. Ohio State's are bland, but they look pretty cool with the stickers on them.

I personally think Michigan's helmets are the best.

Georgia stole their logo from the Green Bay Packers.

It is about more than the helmet, although I'd say even on that alone FSU has Miami beat.

The overall simplistic approach of Penn state and ND (among) others is a huge reason those made it. They have been that way for years, while other schools try to be trendy. There is something to be said for a classic. Give me that any day over the Oregon approach.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Kinda sorta...

Georgia did borrow Green Bay's, but they altered it somewhat, originally it wasn't quite as football shaped. When Green Bay saw the alterations, they did the same thing to theirs.

Kinda sorta...

Georgia did borrow Green Bay's, but they altered it somewhat, originally it wasn't quite as football shaped. When Green Bay saw the alterations, they did the same thing to theirs.

One could say that they both had it first.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

As soon as I saw FSU and their goofy helmet on that list I knew it was laughable. Hell, I hate Miami but the U on their helmet is more "iconic" than some stupid spear.

Also, Penn State's and Notre Dames bland helmets do nothing for me either. Ohio State's are bland, but they look pretty cool with the stickers on them.

I personally think Michigan's helmets are the best.

They are looking at Iconic, not ones that say "Look at Me "

They are looking at Iconic, not ones that say "Look at Me "
I agree, to me "Iconic" means that it's stood the test of time and is instantly recognizable. Can't argue too much about the schools that are listed. Though I would have liked to see the GT, but we probably messed that up with the honeycombing.

Crimson and Cream OU pretty much says it all.

I'd like to knock some sense into the people saying they need to change their uniforms every week like Oregon. Not really a fan of my Pokes doing it either.

And yet they will still most likely at worst play two top ten teams in conference and va tech ooc.

We do have a favorable eastern conference rotation.

Playing VT won't be no pushover - they bring back just about everyone on defense and should be ranked in top 5 defensively....win or lose VT could run the table after the bama game so either way will help Alabama's SOS.

And yet they will still most likely at worst play two top ten teams in conference and va tech ooc.

We do have a favorable eastern conference rotation.
exactly, an easy OOC schedule ;)

Basically the winner of the Alabama/A&M game has an easy road to the championship, as A&M drew Vandy from the East and Alabama got Kentucky.

Lol, I give dvr s***, but our ooc schedule; because of va tech is as strong as any.

Last edited by a moderator:
exactly, an easy OOC schedule ;)

Basically the winner of the Alabama/A&M game has an easy road to the championship, as A&M drew Vandy from the East and Alabama got Kentucky.

Vandy is no longer a push over.

Kentucky...I make me excuses. Next year or the next it wil be someone else.

Urban Myer....LOL!

Now, ALL KINDS of reports of the furlough program he was running in Gainesville! 31 arrest from 2005 to 2010.

"A roster on the university’s Web site lists 121 players, 41 of whom have been arrested, either in college or afterward, and sometimes both."

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/07/s...a-in-the-meyer-years.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ere-rampant-in-gainesville-under-urban-meyer/

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/20...707_1_urban-meyer-coach-meyer-janoris-jenkins

The Orlando Sentinel even had a police BLOG for the Gator's arrests while Myer was there:

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...ree-misdemeanor-charge-misdemeanor-possession

Then there is the RAT portion of Urban Myer:

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...30705_1_urban-meyer-florida-gators-pat-dooley

http://www.rantsports.com/ncaa-foot...yer-deserves-blame-for-negligence-at-florida/

Urban has turn out to be some kind of stand up guy...:rolleyes:

I think he is just too soft when it comes to rules and discipline. Probably trying to be to buddy buddy with them instead of being a hard ass coach.

I think he is just too soft when it comes to rules and discipline. Probably trying to be to buddy buddy with them instead of being a hard ass coach.

Well... when it comes to that, I think you HAVE TO be a hard ass at the high school/college level. That will NOT FLY in the NFL.

It wont fly in todays NFL for sure. But yes, a certain level of "hard ass" is required for many of these players. Urban I do not think had that at all.

The coaches job is to teach the players how to play football. Not worry about what they do in the off time, or after they get out of school and graduate.. This is college. This is professional football. This is not peewee or high school where the coaches job is to also build the person as a man. When these guys get to college they are already adults and make there own choices.

The coaches job is to teach the players how to play football. Not worry about what they do in the off time, or after they get out of school and graduate.. This is college. This is professional football. This is not peewee or high school where the coaches job is to also build the person as a man. When these guys get to college they are already adults and make there own choices.

The coach is COMPLETELY responsible for what goes on with every single player under his watch. After they get out of college, it is not his responsibility, but a lot of the character as men/adults comes almost exclusively from the most immediate mentor....and for a college athletes, it would be the adult they spend the most time in those years they have gone from kids to adults, their coach.

If you believe otherwise, you are completely clueless on the influence a college coach of any sport, has on their player.

Sorry to bust your bubble, but EVERY SINGLE college coach, regardless of the sport...at one point or another, will basically state to the parents of those kids that they 'promise to take care of your son'. I got the speech coming out of high school from Mike Martin at FSU and while I was coaching some of the best baseball players in the country in baseball camps down here, I heard the kids and the parents tell me about the speech.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NFL Hall of Fame game this Sunday!

RIP Pro Football Hall of Famer Art Donovan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)