NCAA Football 2013 Off season discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is just it for me... I can only afford 1 maybe 2 away games no matter the location due to getting time off from work and then the expenses of going in general. Now if one of these games were at home field it would certainly benefit all and fill the stadium vs most of them empty no matter what team is playing and where.

I read the other day some where that all the bowl games last year except I think 3 were barely 70% full between them all. You have the NC and perhaps one or two other big BCS games that fill up and that is it. You have many seats that go to locals rather than true fans of each team cause of how much it costs to get a ticket let alone everything else that goes with it.

I spent nearly $400 last year just for our bowl game, that is too much.

Also helping the poor attendance is the fact that there are way toooo many Bowl games ... If you play 12 or more games you should have to win at least 8 of them to go Bowling !
This teams go with a 6-6 record is ridiculous ... thats basically a Participation Bowl at that point.
Even 7-5 is pushing it ... and that doesn't mean every team will fill up on cupcakes in the OOC games, most are already filled as it is.

When August 1st hits the calender, to me it's the official START of the next Football Season !!!!

By then we need to have a 2014 NCAA Football thread !

Also helping the poor attendance is the fact that there are way toooo many Bowl games ... If you play 12 or more games you should have to win at least 8 of them to go Bowling !
This teams go with a 6-6 record is ridiculous ... thats basically a Participation Bowl at that point.
Even 7-5 is pushing it ... and that doesn't mean every team will fill up on cupcakes in the OOC games, most are already filled as it is.

I agree and by that last years 7-6 final record for VT was just sad and they shouldn't have gone to one. Issue is money, and the sponsors are willing to pay to have the bowl games no matter what and some of that sponsored cash comes from the sites when in reality they could be setup at home field of the team with highest record by the numbers.

Michigan added a nice recruit for 2015, while its all only on paper nice classes being put together

I wouldn't mind the semifinal games on campus (as you say it would make for a great atmosphere), but I think the Title game should be on a somewhat neutral site
I agree, it's worked pretty good for the NFL.

plus it's the only way we'll get one in Atlanta... :eek:

I agree. back when there were only a few bowls, they all seemed to sell out. Now though, no ones cares if there team is in a bowl or not. They only care if you make it into the BCS Championship game, even the other BCS bowls are frowned upon it seems.

In 2 years, the only ones anyone will care about are the 2 playoff games and the championship game.

Espn u showing the top 25 games of 2012, the top three are Bama games.

Against Lsu, A&m, and Georgia.

Damn, i had forgotten, all three were nail biters. Classics.
Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

The most successful organization in college sports history. ;)

[url]http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonbelzer/2013/07/29/how-the-sec-became-the-most-successful-organization-in-college-sports-history/

What happens when you take a group of rival institutions, each with their own staffs of hundreds of employees and operating on budgets in excess of $100 million, and convince them to work together as one cohesive unit? You create what is arguably the single most successful collegiate sports organization of all time – the Southeastern Conference (SEC).
During more than a century of organized collegiate athletics competition, no conference has had a more dominating run against its competitors than the SEC during the last decade. Winners of 7 straight Bowl Championship Series (BCS) national titles in football and accumulating a total of 86 NCAA national championships in 21 different sports from 2003-2013, the SEC has been astonishingly successful in almost every sport it sponsors. The conference has also attracted a record number of fans, with almost 7.5 million attending member football games during the most recent season.
It is no coincidence that the SEC’s renaissance can be linked back to 2002, when its current commissioner, Mike Slive, was hired. A veteran college administrator and attorney, Slive brought what is referred to as “tipping point leadership” to the SEC; he strategically unified a conference that lacked the level of cooperation necessary to achieve its full potential. That is not to say that the SEC was dysfunctional by any means, but rather that because of the intense competitive dynamic that exists amongst its members, the league needed a leader who was capable of transforming it to function symbiotically in order for it to go from merely good to truly great.
[/URL]

Coaches poll is out

1. Alabama (56)

2. Ohio State
3. Oregon
4. Stanford
5. Georgia
6. Texas A&M
7. South Carolina
8. Clemson
9. Louisville
10. Florida
11. Notre Dame
12. Florida State
13. LSU
14. Oklahoma State
15. Texas
16. Oklahoma
17. Michigan
18. Nebraska
19. Boise State
20. TCU
21. UCLA
22. Northwestern
23. Wisconsin
24. USC
25. Oregon State

http://college-football.si.com/2013/08/01/preseason-coaches-poll/

Also the Big 12 doesn't have one team in the top 10 for the first time in their history.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)