NCAA Football 2014 season

They were cut blocking on all night, legal but dirt. That is what you do when you play an opponent that out sizes you.

Georgia Tech has been doing this for years and they always get away with it. Remember a few years ago when they were called on it?

http://www.ajc.com/weblogs/georgia-tech/2013/sep/17/johnson-defends-cut-blocking/

http://hamptonroads.com/2009/10/chop-blocks-have-hokies-yellow-jackets-hopping-mad

Those against VT were the year we had Kam Chancellor - you know the super DB that helped win this years Super Bowl.. yeah GT knew what they were doing when they were instructed to chop block to win that game at any cost...and they still do it to this day.

Cut blocking is not illegal, it's just considered dirty by some. Option teams or teams with undersized lines are going to cut. My problem with The Citadel is video evidence has shown there was a lot of cut blocks thrown AFTER the defensive player was engaged with an offensive player up high (high/low), which is illegal. There were also Citadel guys throwing cut blocks (diving at knees) 10 yards from the play, when the play was just about dead (collapsed run up the middle). If they want to play that way fine, but I hope no major school schedules them from here on out.

Cut blocking is not illegal, it's just considered dirty by some. Option teams or teams with undersized lines are going to cut. My problem with The Citadel is video evidence has shown there was a lot of cut blocks thrown AFTER the defensive player was engaged with an offensive player up high (high/low), which is illegal. There were also Citadel guys throwing cut blocks (diving at knees) 10 yards from the play, when the play was just about dead (collapsed run up the middle). If they want to play that way fine, but I hope no major school schedules them from here on out.

Cut blocking is not illegal but CHOP blocking is and you really have to look at the fine line between the two. GT is the one team that can really sell it and get away with it year after year after year.

I already said chop blocking is illegal in my post above, and differentiated between the two.

My comment: "My problem with The Citadel is video evidence has shown there was a lot of cut blocks thrown AFTER the defensive player was engaged with an offensive player up high (high/low), which is illegal"

Definition: "A chop block is a thigh-or-lower block on a defender who is already engaged with another offensive lineman. (Chop blocks and cut blocks are not the same thing. A cut block, which is legal, is a below-the-waist block involving only one defender.)"

I personally do not care for cut blocks, legal or not, because they are treacherous for ankles and knees.

As long as something is not against the rules, teams are going to do it.

Agree 100%. While I don't care for it because we make other silly rules to prevent "injury", it is legal. As stated above, I think The Citadel got away with a little bit more, but it's football and they are taking heat now anyways because of their motor mouth player. It is a black eye for them with added scrutiny, fair or not, being the type of institution they are.

It's official now, JW Walsh out 6-8 weeks minimum. Had surgery this morning on foot/ankle. Ligament damage Hopefully Garman can continue where he left off Saturday against the tougher conference competition.

Gunner Kiel looking awfully good so far for the Cincinnati Bearcats. I know it's against Toledo, but his passes have been plenty and perfect. Indiana, LSU, and Notre Dame, all who he either committed to or was on their roster over the past 3 years, could use a QB like that right now.

Big day for the South Alabama Jaguar team, as they get a visit from a SEC team in Mobile. Miss State will moist likely win, but I hope the jags can be competitive.

We were gonna go, but Mobile did what it does best and screwed up the parking (along with South), so I sold em and will gladly sit at home and watch on the bigscreen with a cold IPA. Hopefully south can get a large stadium on campus going forward, these large draw games just aren't a great idea at Ladd stadium.

Gameday sure is giving the B1G a hard time today.

NFL Wild Card Picks

The U...Part 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts