NCAA Football 2014 season

What a confusing Bama game. Was Saban holding the offense back in the 1st half? He seemed upset when Bama scored via a pass early. When I saw the knee brace on Cooper and no deep throws to him in the fist half I felt as if Bama had hidden a more serious injury. But if Cooper can simply outrun the defense I am really confused about the 1st half. I suppose Saban was protecting his defense trying to eat up clock. Also Sims didn't run when he should have early, and he seemed to channel Jamie's Winston in the 1st half staring down recievers on short patterns. Sure fire way to get picked off.

Problem is, there are 5 power conferences with only 4 slots. One of the 1-loss conference champs is going to get left out. If the Big Ten had gone along with the ACC & SEC calling for a minimum 8 teams, we wouldn't have this problem.

Lol, yes. Three of the best ranked acc teams beat probably 3 of the 4 worst sec teams. In mostly close ones.

The tech game was a surprise though. They looked hood and congrats on that one.

Just getting by worked for Aubarn last year.

As for marginal opponents, didn't 4 of them sweep SEC teams yesterday?
Yes the bad ones. It has no bearing on the strength of the SEC. UGA has been an overrated head case all year even losing to the lowly Gators.

I really don't think OSU will he ranked in the top four either and don't think they will be considering.

If they luck up and win their conference with being handicapped ....we will see.

I don't agree. They haven't closed it out but this season is the exception for him, not the norm.

The team has won 11 games each of the past three seasons.

I'd beg him to stay were I a USC fan.

Reactions: Mike0616
Problem is, there are 5 power conferences with only 4 slots. One of the 1-loss conference champs is going to get left out. If the Big Ten had gone along with the ACC & SEC calling for a minimum 8 teams, we wouldn't have this problem.
Yup. 8 teams is the answer but there is only one fair way to select them. The old BCS system and no conf championships. Conferences championships are meaningless and unfair if everyone doesn't play one. If you want conference championships then ditch the BCS, ditch the rankings and the selection panel and go to a real playoff system. Take a conf champ from each conference and build a playoff system. No more crying. that way OSU would be in and it would allow say a 2 loss SEC champ in. The notion that the SEC could be left out of the 4 team playoff is absurd when Half the SEC West could beat the final 4.

While your probably right about the top 4, the Bucks should be placed where they belong, in that top 4 (as if Barrett was healthy), until they lose next week ... You never know how good the 3rd string guy will turn out to be when he has to play ... no one knew what to expect from Barrett either, remember, he only had 10 days to prepare, Jones has 7.
That said, Barrett while he didn't play great in the first two games, he didn't lose the game either, I wouldn't blame the QB solely for the Va Tech loss, the O line was horrible.

If I were the committee, I would put the Bucks where they should be, the QB situation plays out in the next game, not this past one.

Come on, admit it, you would have had them there the week after they were blown out by the cHokies.

Yes the bad ones. It has no bearing on the strength of the SEC. UGA has been an overrated head case all year even losing to the lowly Gators.
Every team in a conference has bearing on the strength of the conference. You've been saying that about FSU all season.

Mark Richt should be fired.
Richt didn't lose the game. He caoched it pretty well. It was on field mistakes that kept Tech in the game, and on field mistakes that kept Georgia in it as well.

Richt and Johnson both coached it pretty well, but turnovers hurt both of them.

Mark Richt isn't going anywhere, as the alumni and the university both love him. He has a better overall winning record than Dooley ever did, and no hint of scandal (ala, Hershal's camero, and the whole Jan Kemp fiasco).

Conferences championships are meaningless and unfair if everyone doesn't play one.
Then make the Big 12 expand and have one. They are the only ones who don't have one, except for the American and Sun Belt, both of which have plans to expand and add one.

And no one in the SEC thinks it's meaningless, the SEC championship game has been hugely popular since it started.

Then make the Big 12 expand and have one. They are the only ones who don't have one, except for the American and Sun Belt, both of which have plans to expand and add one.

And no one in the SEC thinks it's meaningless, the SEC championship game has been hugely popular since it started.
if you go to a true playoff system its a good idea. Otherwise its meaningless due to the selection committee or polls. You simply don't need it.

Richt didn't lose the game. He caoched it pretty well. It was on field mistakes that kept Tech in the game, and on field mistakes that kept Georgia in it as well.

Richt and Johnson both coached it pretty well, but turnovers hurt both of them.

Mark Richt isn't going anywhere, as the alumni and the university both love him. He has a better overall winning record than Dooley ever did, and no hint of scandal (ala, Hershal's camero, and the whole Jan Kemp fiasco).
He BOTCHED the end of the regulation. 18 seconds left, tech with no time outs and he does not kick it away to the end zone? He gives them a short field to tie the game? inexplicable. HE lost the game in regulation. And he lost to the lowly Gators and South Carolina. Two of the worst teams in the SEC. HE is needs to coach HS ball but in all honesty the Neanderthal couldn't coach a dog to pee on a fire hydrant.

honestly what does that sideline decision go like? "hey whats the one way we can give this game away? I know! Lets help them out with a short field since they have no time outs! Great idea Coach lets do it!"

Last edited:
I really don't think OSU will he ranked in the top four either and don't think they will be considering.

If they luck up and win their conference with being handicapped ....we will see.
Why should that make any difference, they wern't moved up when Barrett had to come in and play to start the season.
It was quite the opposite, I believe they beat Navy and dropped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)