NCAA investigating ITSELF for its investigation of The U!

Well, the "notice of allegations" came out from the NCAA and they charge The U with "lack of institutional control"....

ROFLMAO!!!! Pot meet kettle....

BUT the line and THE TRUTH of the night was the following:

"Most of the sensationalized media accounts of Shapiro’s claims are found nowhere in the Notice of Allegations. Despite their efforts over two and a half years, the NCAA enforcement staff could not find evidence of prostitution, expensive cars for players, expensive dinners paid for by boosters, player bounty payments, rampant alcohol and drug use, or the alleged hundreds of thousands of dollars in cash and gifts given to student-athletes, as reported in the media. The fabricated story played well — the facts did not."

There MANY HERE that jumped the gun in AUTOMAGICALLY ASSUMING that The U was COMPLETELY guilty before the facts came out. I wonder WHERE are they now?!:rolleyes:

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/02/20/3243275/ncaa-hits-canes-with-charges.html#storylink=cpy

...let me REPEAT that line again:

"Most of the sensationalized media accounts of Shapiro’s claims are found nowhere in the Notice of Allegations.......the NCAA enforcement staff could not find evidence of prostitution, expensive cars for players, expensive dinners paid for by boosters, player bounty payments, rampant alcohol and drug use, or the alleged hundreds of thousands of dollars in cash and gifts given to student-athletes, as reported in the media..."

END OF STORY!

The U has given the school THE hardest self sanctions ANY SCHOOL has ever imposed on themselves. The investigation SHOULD BE over.

what a joke. lack of institutional control handed out by a group leading by example hehe. miami isn't innocent of anything, proven by the self sanctions but they've done enough to punish themselves besides already being hurt in other ways like recruiting. at this point it's all about the NCAA flexing their muscle.....

Apparently, the NCAA isn't saying that the school didn't break any rules, just that they themselves may have made mistakes in the investigation....

And NO ONE, INCLUDING those that are fans and alumni, have said that the U is innocent of ALL wrong doing. But the majority of the 'good headlines' accussations: prostititution, big time gifts, big time cars, big time meals.... were never proven to be true.

what a joke. lack of institutional control handed out by a group leading by example hehe. miami isn't innocent of anything, proven by the self sanctions but they've done enough to punish themselves besides already being hurt in other ways like recruiting. at this point it's all about the NCAA flexing their muscle.....

They have lost credibility to all universities. Then NEXT school that gets investigated, will get a more thorough, honest and thoughtful investigation.

While I think that it's possible that Miami MAY have broken, bent, or fractured a few rules, this no longer passes the smell test. I've never fully trusted the NCAA, and this confirms my suspicions. So my question is - who's watching the watchers? Why can't we suspend the NCAA for 2 years? While they are suspended, we could implement the football playoff scheme Jimbo and I worked out a couple of years ago. It was a great plan.

Free Miami now!

While I think that it's possible that Miami MAY have broken, bent, or fractured a few rules, this no longer passes the smell test. I've never fully trusted the NCAA, and this confirms my suspicions. So my question is - who's watching the watchers? Why can't we suspend the NCAA for 2 years? While they are suspended, we could implement the football playoff scheme Jimbo and I worked out a couple of years ago. It was a great plan.

Free Miami now!

HE LIVES!!!! Where you been old man?!! Good to see you.

YES, there is NO DOUBT they bent, stretched and tested the bounds of what can and should be done during recruitment and 'taking care of its players'. But NOWHERE in the report did it say Miami DID or did the NCAAA proved the most salacious of the accussations that came out in the Yahoo story.

And since they SUPPOSEDLY threw out 20% of the accussations and they could not prove or found evidence of the worst of the allegations....WHAT exactly are they guilty of that would lead to the accussation of "lack of institutional control"?

There IS a heavy rumor that has been mentioned down here on talk radio about possible, that IF some like this would to ever happen again, ALOT of the big athletic programs like the Alabamas, Floridas, Florida States, Georgias Oklahomas, USCs and Texas' of the world might REMOVE THEMSELVES from the NCAA and form their OWN college athletic association.

I found that very crazy and very interesting.

Free Miami now!

:welcome new guy ;)

The SEC might as well just go ahead and leave. They haven't had any competition in what, seven or eight years now?
Salsa my brother from another mother, how the he'll are you? Missed talking with you, and the rest of these great guys here. Yeah, you too Ramy.

The SEC might as well just go ahead and leave. They haven't had any competition in what, seven or eight years now?
Salsa my brother from another mother, how the he'll are you? Missed talking with you, and the rest of these great guys here. Yeah, you too Ramy.

Paul....ALWAYS glad to hear yoour perspective my friend. When you comin' down to play a round of golf? NOW is the time...;)

Oh how I wish I could. Tomorrow is the first Saturday I have off since September. Needless to say, it's work on the house day. More shocking is that my clubs never left the closet last year. Sad but true. I still hope that we will play together one day.

Great to see you hear Paul!! You were sorely missed!!
:)

I can tell you many here in Happy Valley feel the same way about the NCAA....

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

NOW comes word from the NCAA that Nevin Shapiro, and I hate to use the word "only" in this statement... spent "only" $170,000 worth of improper gifts/dinners/awards to player from The U from 2002 to 2010.

-- By the way, the ORIGINAL talley from the Yahoo report 2 1/2 years ago was well over 1.5 million.
-- By a guy that all he did was LIE about scheme almost a BILLION dollars in a ponzi scheme

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)