NCAA PQ on Sunday

I'm watching the SC game OTA and it is lousy. Must be a network thing depending on the game. My CBS is full bandwidth with no subchannels and all new equipment. Their regular programming looks fantastic.

S~

Dish overcompression what else is new. Combination of both maybe too, marquette/Mizz game the scorebar at the bottom looks weird. The lettering looks more blurred then the scores at the top which are very sharp.

PQ has varied quite a bit from site to site for the tourney. It's a very good example of how much the PQ of the same type of programming on the same channel can vary from venue to venue and setup to setup. Watching OTA with no sub-channels I would say 60% of the games were good, and 40% not so good. Didn't see any what I would call great, like some of their NFL games.

It depends on the venue, but none were of the quality of ESPN or Big Ten Network, in my opinion (watching OTA in Indianapolis, and many others in Indy on the AVSForum agree).

"Dish overcompression" has nothing to do with it, since it's so noticeable OTA. In fact, to my eyes, the Dish HD feed has some of the noise (not sure what to call it) filtered out which makes it look a little better, at least to me.

Looks terrible today...like I am watching a live Internet feed. Is this a CBS issue nationwide, or just a problem with the WRAL feed in Raleigh?
I live in Lexington, NC (30 min. south of Greensboro) and our WFMY feed has looked horrible from the NCAA get-go, O.T.A. It (CBS) usually looks great; as great as a 94% signal can produce, anyways. All the other O.T.A channels I get look as good as they ever have. Strange...:confused:

"Dish overcompression" has nothing to do with it, since it's so noticeable OTA. In fact, to my eyes, the Dish HD feed has some of the noise (not sure what to call it) filtered out which makes it look a little better, at least to me.

True story. There were peroids/venues the last couple days where I was choosing the Dish feed over OTA.

I live in Lexington, NC (30 min. south of Greensboro) and our WFMY feed has looked horrible from the NCAA get-go, O.T.A. It (CBS) usually looks great; as great as a 94% signal can produce, anyways. All the other O.T.A channels I get look as good as they ever have. Strange...:confused:

If you are watching a digital broadcast, your PQ will be no different at 94% than it does at 100% of 72%. If you lock in on the signal, you got it as good as it can get.

I noticed it also. OTA and local feed out of a different market through D*. So it was not just an E* problem. Adn I agree, that it varied depending on the game

It seems as CBS was having an HD issue, as it continued with 60 minutes as well after the game, during 60 minutes it got better once they changed the picture to SD then back to HD. Almost seemed like they did a reset of sorts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts