NCAA says that Tressell is NOT "forthright"...

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
....in other words, he is lying his a$$ off! I mean that isn't their PC correct way of calling him a liar..:confused:

The NCAA, in a notice of allegations to the Ohio State school president last week, says football coach Jim Tressel was not honest when discovering his players were selling autographs, uniforms, championship rings and other memorabilia for money and tattoos.

The incident, which resulted in a self-imposed school fine of $250,000 and a five-game suspension for Tressel, could be considered a second offense when the NCAA hands down any discipline, according to the notice, which was delivered Friday to president Gordon Gee.

"The allegations are largely consistent with what the university self-reported to the NCAA," Ohio State said in a statement on the school's website.

The NCAA says Tressel "falsely attested" that he reported all knowledge of NCAA violations to the school.

The report also cites previous violations involving former quarterback Troy Smith, who received $500 from a booster and former men's basketball coach Jim O'Brien, who gave $6,000 to a recruit, according to The Columbus Dispatch.

Ohio State must go before the NCAA's committee on infractions Aug. 12.

NCAA rules state second-time violators face postseason levies, coaching-staff suspensions and a loss of scholarships, The Dispatch reported.

"It was reported that Jim Tressel, head football coach, failed to deport himself in accordance with the honesty and integrity normally associated with the conduct and administration of intercollegiate athletics and violated ethical-conduct legislation," the 13-page NCAA document says.

Absent from the notice was mention of a "failure to monitor" or "failure of institutional control," the most serious violations that historically have resulted in the worst penalties for programs.

"That was very significant," a source close to the investigation told the Columbus newspaper on Monday.

Ohio State Buckeyes coach Jim Tressel targeted in NCAA's notice of allegations - ESPN

I dont know a whole lot about this other then some of the things being reported, but I had heard that there was some more investigating going on. I did think that there was alot of investigating going on for something (tatoo) issue that I thought was adressed

I dont know a whole lot about this other then some of the things being reported, but I had heard that there was some more investigating going on. I did think that there was alot of investigating going on for something (tatoo) issue that I thought was adressed

Well, "tattoo-gate" was expanded..and it looks like things are really starting to smell rotten in Columbus. I am wondering if all those players that made a promise to man up and take the suspension and comeback to school...are having 2nd thoughts?

Hahaha, came across this t-shirt design, beautiful...

Purdue University Tressel's Tattoo & Pawn T-Shirt

tressel_detail.jpg

The student penalties are final. They will not face any more suspensions. Going forward is all about Coach Tressel and the "institution".
Well, "tattoo-gate" was expanded..and it looks like things are really starting to smell rotten in Columbus. I am wondering if all those players that made a promise to man up and take the suspension and comeback to school...are having 2nd thoughts?

Wow.... ESPN, gotta love them. They LOVE Ohio State so badly that right now, as I type this, they are ALREADY doing a OTL report. They kissed up to the program...and now the 1st one step on their neck.

Would the Ohio State football program be better off long term, as far as penalties from the NCAA, if they just fired Tressell right now and for lack of a better, throw him under the bus so that the school shows they have "nipped the problem in the bud"?

Would the Ohio State football program be better off long term, as far as penalties from the NCAA, if they just fired Tressell right now and for lack of a better, throw him under the bus so that the school shows they have "nipped the problem in the bud"?
Whatever additional penalties levied by the NCAA would occur if Tressel is still there or not. So, it really becomes a PR issue for the school. Does the shame he brought upon the school outweigh his effectiveness as a coach going forward??

Possibly.

Georgia fired Jim Harrick right away and banned their basketball team from being in the SEC & NCAA tournaments that year, and the made them vacate a bunch of wins, but otherwise left them alone. Everyone thought the NCAA let them off light since they came down hard on themselves.

note: Harrick's son (an assisstant for Dad) was also served by the NCAA with a 7 year show cause because he told 2 players to lie to the NCAA.

Not being forthright? Really? LOL! That's an understatement. He flat out lied and he should be suspended for the whole year in my opinion.

Could not have said it better myself....

Ohio State is stripped to its soul, and now we're going to see what the school is made of. Does it cherish its reputation more than its football prowess, or not?

To put it politely, The Ohio State University has a rather high opinion of itself. Buckeye Nation has always believed it stood for more than the average football factory. Its fans have long disdained the scofflaw status of the Southeastern Conference, even as SEC teams have taken turns beating the Buckeyes in big games over the years.

Now we'll find out what matters most.
The only bigger coach than Tressel in Ohio State history was Woody Hayes, winner of AP national championships in 1954 and '68 and the all-time leader in Big Ten conference victories with 152. Yet when Hayes shamed the university by punching Clemson's Charlie Bauman in the 1978 Gator Bowl, igniting a bench-clearing brawl, the school fired him the next day.

If Ohio State could fire its greatest football icon, it can fire Tressel

BINGO!

Jim Tressel situation leaves Ohio State Buckeyes with big decision to make - ESPN

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)