NCAA says that Tressell is NOT "forthright"...

Hahaha, came across this t-shirt design, beautiful...

Purdue University Tressel's Tattoo & Pawn T-Shirt

tressel_detail.jpg

You always wonder why Tressel wheres the vest?

Attachments

• 84625.jpg
    84625.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 102
With all of the recent talk of the NCAA being about "student athletes" versus being a minor league for the NFL and NBA, one thing that I haven't heard discussed is the claim that head coaches are there to "teach life lessons to these young men." I would love for Tressel to be asked two questions:

1. Do you believe that part of your profession as a college football head coach is to teach life lessons to your student athletes?
2. If so, what lesson(s) do you believe that you have taught them with your actions?

With all of the recent talk of the NCAA being about "student athletes" versus being a minor league for the NFL and NBA, one thing that I haven't heard discussed is the claim that head coaches are there to "teach life lessons to these young men." I would love for Tressel to be asked two questions:

1. Do you believe that part of your profession as a college football head coach is to teach life lessons to your student athletes?
2. If so, what lesson(s) do you believe that you have taught them with your actions?

Would you REALLY like him to tell you about ALL the lessons he has taught ALL the players over the past 10 years about how to be a better person ?

I know there are plenty of Tressel haters, for some reason, oh ya, you all hate him because he WINS CONSISTANTLY .... Gee, just like the top coaches in the SEC.

Tressel is a very good coach and a very good human being, I for one would love to have had him as a coach and teacher.

Do you REALLY want to look this close to YOUR favorite coach ?

I've read the argument that he was only trying to protect his players. Hopefully, coaches will learn that in a case like this, the ramifications of the coverup are far worse than they would have been for the "crime".

This comes down to two opinions:

Everybody else: Outlaw State got caught.

OSU fans: BUT, BUT, BUT, we WON!!!! And I wish we didn't have to cheat.

Fact is, Outlaw State is the most corrupt program in the country. It hired a man whose entire career is built on lying and cheating and set him loose to lie and cheat. It wanted to lie and cheat, and it did.

The only question remains is how softy the NCAA lets Outlaw State off. Because the only just penalty, the only one that will end the cheating, is death. Shut it down for two years. Outlaw State and its obnoxious fans deserve it.

Would you REALLY like him to tell you about ALL the lessons he has taught ALL the players over the past 10 years about how to be a better person ?
No, I want him to address his lying to the NCAA last fall... nothing more.
Do you REALLY want to look this close to YOUR favorite coach ?
Yes, I do. I would like for all coaches to be looked at this closely. It's the only hope of ever restoring (make that creating) some level of integrity to the NCAA.

Yes, I do. I would like for all coaches to be looked at this closely. It's the only hope of ever restoring (make that creating) some level of integrity to the NCAA.

Though I do agree with most of what you said. IF the NCAA ever wanted integrity restore, they need to look at themselves in the mirror. But unfortunately, ALL the $$$$ being thrown to them by TV contracts and booster will never let them see the light.

Though I do agree with most of what you said. IF the NCAA ever wanted integrity restore, they need to look at themselves in the mirror. But unfortunately, ALL the $$$$ being thrown to them by TV contracts and booster will never let them see the light.

Umm. you do know that the NCAA is a non-profit association, right?

The NCAA is many things. It is anti-Southern. It permits the BcS to exist. It bases its penalties on the status of the school in past decades. One thing it is not is a greed "corporation". The money gets passed through to the member schools, or is used for athletes benefits. It has no owner.

Umm. you do know that the NCAA is a non-profit association, right?

The NCAA is many things. It is anti-Southern. It permits the BcS to exist. It bases its penalties on the status of the school in past decades. One thing it is not is a greed "corporation". The money gets passed through to the member schools, or is used for athletes benefits. It has no owner.

Ummm.... yeah, I do. IF you turn your face when things that are corrupt or not right...you are part of the problem and not part of the solution and therefore just as guilty.

This comes down to two opinions:

Everybody else: Outlaw State got caught.

OSU fans: BUT, BUT, BUT, we WON!!!! And I wish we didn't have to cheat.

Fact is, Outlaw State is the most corrupt program in the country. It hired a man whose entire career is built on lying and cheating and set him loose to lie and cheat. It wanted to lie and cheat, and it did.

The only question remains is how softy the NCAA lets Outlaw State off. Because the only just penalty, the only one that will end the cheating, is death. Shut it down for two years. Outlaw State and its obnoxious fans deserve it.

To have THAT much hatred, you must have been turned down from The Ohio State University, or a M fan.

The NCAA is a JOKE and you know it.

They take 5 YEARS to deal with USC, but 10 minutes to deal with the Buckeyes.
They ruin Dez Bryants career for simply hanging out with a NFL player.
They took away games from AJ Green, because he sold something that was HIS. also ridiculous.

Theres make up the discipline as they go, theres NO rhyme or reason.

The NCAA had NO REASON to do ANYTHING with either Green or Bryant.

IF the NCAA ever wanted integrity restore, they need to look at themselves in the mirror. But unfortunately, ALL the $$$$ being thrown to them by TV contracts and booster will never let them see the light.
I agree entirely.

Though the NCAA IS a non-profit entity....it IS made up by members that are either university presidents and former university presidents/ADs ...they aren't doing anything free...;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)