NCAA Softball

I'll admit we dont usually care for our women to do sports down here. The only sport we expect them to do good at well... Involves a bed..

But we will take then win when we can get it ;)

Saw a pic of my Niece's team for this year, they picked up a local girl and a girl she played with at Coronado...
She's still with this JUCO team at 4-0 so far, had offers for 2 college teams and conflicts between them left her here again...

Attachments

• MeganWithaBrokenBatHit.jpg
    MeganWithaBrokenBatHit.jpg
    513.5 KB · Views: 111
Many schools start up tomorrow and through the weekend. Some smaller schools like California Baptist started up today. I'm excited and hope the Pac-12 Network shows some games. I'm considering heading down to UGA this weekend to watch as they start up.

So I went to UGA over in Athens today to watch the Bulldogs play softball. They lost in a great 8 inning game to Ohio State (5-4). I'll probably be going back several times this season. They have this kid named Tess Sito that looks like she'll be one to watch.

I was hoping for tv coverage, to see the 2nd ranked Lady Sooners in Phoenix this weekend, but alas no such luck. Its rare we get any softball on tv until the regionals or the World Series. I remember seeing a few last year, but not many. Maybe the the new tv contracts for tier 3 that OU and OSU signed will get some games on tv this year

Keilani Ricketts threw a no hitter yesterday from what I saw on the news, Sooners will be tough to beat with her on the mound.

ESPN released a schedule of games they will be carrying in the neighborhood of around 40 games but I don't think they start showing them until March. Most of them are on ESPNU (and I'm on Dish America sadly).