NCIS

Shows you a real problem that they need to legislatively fix in real life. Having some one prosecuted for helping someone in an accident? Isn't there a "good samaritan" law that is supposed to deal with that?

Shows you a real problem that they need to legislatively fix in real life. Having some one prosecuted for helping someone in an accident? Isn't there a "good samaritan" law that is supposed to deal with that?
In most States there are. Didn't catch where the episode was set, Maryland or Virginia.

If it was Virginia, then she should have been protected.
https://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?000 cod 8.01-225
§ 8.01-225. Persons rendering emergency care, obstetrical services exempt from liability.

A. Any person who:

1. In good faith, renders emergency care or assistance, without compensation, to any ill or injured person (i) at the scene of an accident, fire, or any life-threatening emergency; (ii) at a location for screening or stabilization of an emergency medical condition arising from an accident, fire, or any life-threatening emergency; or (iii) en route to any hospital, medical clinic, or doctor's office, shall not be liable for any civil damages for acts or omissions resulting from the rendering of such care or assistance.

Same with Maryland
http://www.leaguelineup.com/metro-warriors/files/Maryland_Good_Samaritan_Act.pdf
An individual who is not covered otherwise by this section is not civilly
liable for any act or omission in providing assistance or medical aid to
a victim at the scene of an emergency, if:
1. The assistance or aid is provided in a
reasonably prudent manner;
2. The assistance or aid is provided without
fee or other compensation; and
3. The individual relinquishes care of the
victim when someone who is licensed or
certified by this State to provide medical
care or services becomes available to
take responsibility.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
To the episode point of Corpsmen not being EMT certifified like their AirForce and Army counterparts. That is correct. Even though they all go to the same class, the Air Force and Army do an additional week of training which culminated in the EMT test. The Navy instead do that last week of ship specific stuff. They can do the testing on their own, but the Navy doesn't pay for it, like the Air Force and Army do.

To the episode point of Corpsmen not being EMT certifified like their AirForce and Army counterparts. That is correct. Even though they all go to the same class, the Air Force and Army do an additional week of training which culminated in the EMT test. The Navy instead do that last week of ship specific stuff. They can do the testing on their own, but the Navy doesn't pay for it, like the Air Force and Army do.
So they change could come in the Navy itself . They can pay to test their corpsmen and then they wouldn't have to face legal cases if they help people in the outside world.

Good Samaritan law here in NM also ... (or at least that's what they have always told us at first aid / CPR training etc. My Brother was a medic in the Army during the Vietnam era, (half the class went there, he went to hospital in Washington)EMT when he got out.

Next Episode: S12, E09

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

"Grounded":
Inclement weather keeps DiNozzo, Bishop and her husband at the Dulles airport, where they end up working a case involving an elevated terrorist threat.

S~

Very Good show!! :)
I thought it was an improvement for Bishop finally showing signs of being an agent. When it got to the last few minutes when the "doctor" drew his gun I thought I saw something so I went to frame by frame on the replay. Bishop was standing there with her hand up her butt. Only 2 gunshots both muzzle blasts from Tony's gun. Bishop would have been dead or dropped as somebody's partner for hesatating.

I thought it was an improvement for Bishop finally showing signs of being an agent. When it got to the last few minutes when the "doctor" drew his gun I thought I saw something so I went to frame by frame on the replay. Bishop was standing there with her hand up her butt. Only 2 gunshots both muzzle blasts from Tony's gun. Bishop would have been dead or dropped as somebody's partner for hesatating.
She was slow as expected with a new agent but That is why Bishop being a Blonde gives blondes a bad reputation!! :D ;) :)

I thought I heard 3 shots fired.

Next Episode: S12, E10

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

"House Rules":
When the city's Internet is shutdown three weeks before Christmas, the team consults with three imprisoned cyberterrorists.

S~