Foxbat

Addicted to new HW
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Michiana
Another great football game on a great day, weather-wise. Navy is a very potent opponent (and isn't that the way we want our Armed Forces to be?) and put a scare into this Irish fan. I've watched a few of the Navy games on HDNet and I thought early in the season that Navy might break their 41 year losing-streak. I thought that again, especially after the first series that the Midshipmen had the ball. The option has always been very effective for Navy and it looked like they had the Irish using their "swiss-cheese" defensive set. If Navy hadn't lost Matt Hall in that first series, it might have been a much closer game.

Things turned around for the Irish in the 2nd quarter as it seemed the defense figured out some of Navy's running game. As Navy started to fall behind, it looked like Notre Dame was going to win this game by the largest margin in years. Turnovers and ill-timed penalties were the mistakes a team can't make and expect to beat Notre Dame.

Just before the Tennessee game last week, I was surprised by a high-speed fly-by of military jets while watching the Purdue game. I saw in our paper that another fly-by of FA-18 Hornets was part of today's pre-game ceremonies, so I grabbed the Olympus and headed for an open field by my house. I had just given up on waiting for them and was headed home when I heard them coming and spotted two Hornets coming in low from the South. I ran back to the field and managed to get two pictures:

Attachments

• ND-Navy-20051112A.JPG
    ND-Navy-20051112A.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 186
  • ND-Navy-20051112B.JPG
    ND-Navy-20051112B.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 164
Very sweet.

I was a little nervous about this game also but CW is just too good of a coach. I am so glad that they re-newed the contract with Navy. In that game it's not so much about w & L but more about respect. Eventually Navy will win against us again and I WILL stand up and applaud them, not throw the remote at the TV or have ill feelings towards them. During the game yesterday I was cheering for Navy nearly as much as I was for the Irish and am a rabid fan. My family and I plan on going to the ND vs Navy game in Dublin in 2012. My son will see many ND games before that but I look forward so much to taking him to that one, especially if my father can join us ( he will be 73 then ). I am trying to pick 2 or 3 games to apply for next year and I have to make hotel arrangements very soon - well before I have tickets and I am sure you know how difficult it is to get the games you want even if you are Sorin and senior alum

John, some friends of our used to get season tickets every year ('75 law grad, I believe) and when ND went to the lottery system, it was no longer a given. A few years ago they dropped out of the system and now try to get tickets when they can.

My son wants me to get tickets to a game, but since a) I'm not an alum, b) I don't have the "connections", and c) I'm not crazy about wandering the streets with my 8-yr. old son looking for tickets, it won't happen. He needs a Econ 101 lesson about Supply and Demand, especially where "Supply" is a constant and "Demand" is now much higher with Coach Weis in charge.

Cats on ESPNU

'WWE Smackdown!' Star Guerrero Dies

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)