USA vs CANADA Mens Hockey

I only saw the third period, but it looked like Canada was the better team, they controlled play for the most part in that period, US rarely were able to sustain play in the Canadian zone.

I only saw the third period, but it looked like Canada was the better team, they controlled play for the most part in that period, US rarely were able to sustain play in the Canadian zone.
I watched the whole game Jimbo. Canada shut USA down completely. They could not generate any offense whatsoever I really thought this could be the year we get gold. Guess we really were not that good.

I watched the whole game Jimbo. Canada shut USA down completely. They could not generate any offense whatsoever I really thought this could be the year we get gold. Guess we really were not that good.

Team USA is very good, Canada though just had better defensemen .

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Olympic hockey just isn't the same with pro players. I'll take a game with amateur ranked players any day.

Olympic hockey just isn't the same with pro players. I'll take a game with amateur ranked players any day.

But don't you want the best of the best representing your country?

I love seeing the best players play for their country.
To me it's the most exciting part of either summer or Winter Olympics.

Can't get enough of the world hockey.
But love to pull for our Yanks!!!

I hear rumors that NHL will stop sending the pros. That would suck!!!

Now that I finally have time to write a comment without the little guy climbing my back for the Ipad..

Many folks in Canada considered the US/Canada matchup to be the Gold Medal game. It was billed the best offense vs best defence. Prior to the game, the US scored 2 more goals than Canada. In the end Canada just had superior defencemen (who scored 7 of 11 goals and also had the Norris trophy winner Subban riding the pine). Canada's big D just frustrated and shut down the US. I personally dont think Canada would have won if the game went to a shootout.

For the Bronze game, Finland had the psychological advantage because Rask was sick for the semi-finals against Sweden and they had a full 48hours between Sweden and the US. The loss to Canada was just too fresh in the US players mind to effectively complete.

Cheers, K