Neat adaptation of my Corotor polarity/skew control

Status
Please reply by conversation.
My vbox always keeps the same skew and is not dependent from voltage of the receiver and skew 90 loses only when vbox is unplugdet from the wall outlet . If I added the 4.5v NiCd battery in the circuit then the skew 90 will not lose until the battery is discharged.
When the feed horn properly set on the antenna then there is no need to further adjust the skew.
On my feed horn default skew 45 is for all linear polarization satellites from 30 W to 139 W, for satellites that work with circular polarization skew the 90

My primary use of the control would be 103W Ku. But now that I have one , I might find it useful for other things :) I thought about using the VBox to power the logic too. And I'm also considering a backlit display. I have to think about it for a bit. This is definitely a flexible circuit and can be applied in many ways. :)

Well I can't leave well enough alone ;) I wasn't happy with the finish of the front panel. It looked so homemade and cobbled together. So I gave the Franken-Box a face lift and a knob job. This tied in the two displays neatly and tidied up the look.
Completed :)
View attachment 104555

The control has some interesting properties. The skew adjust only affects the polarity you are on. When you power down the circuit the encoder resets to +45/-45 no matter the position of the knob. Recommend not using a knob that is indexed or has a pointer.

Attachments

• NewFace 011.JPG
    NewFace 011.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 235
That does look better! Good job!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)