Need 2nd DVR - Have Questions

redman042

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 1, 2005
Folsom, California (95630)
I've been a Dish customer for several years with one ViP 622 downstairs and outupt to a second SDTV in the bedroom. Now we are setting up a projection home theater in a bonus room, and I want a new DVR for that (I need high def for my projector - of course!).

I think the best solution will be to order a second DVR (ideally the 722 this time) and use my external storage to shuttle recorded programs between the two boxes (I'm not keen on setting two timers for everything). Can you move the external drive between a 622 and a 722, as long as they are on the same account?

Also, what's the current fee and monthly pricing for a second DVR? I think I paid a $150 leasing fee for the 622 a year and a half ago - hope it's a better deal now.

Finally, does anyone know if Dish is still planning to enable an ethernet function that links DVRs for recording or transferring shows between them?

Thanks!

To upgrade to a 722, it's $199 with a $100 rebate making it $99.00 to upgrade to a 722.

You can move the external USB drive 3 times only, after that the receiver will ask you to reformat the drive.

Monthly price is $6.00 + $5.98 for the DVR fee which is waived if you have AEP.

Don't know about the last question.

You can ONLY moe between DVRs on the same account.
Currently you are limited to 3 moves. A future upgrade is planned for unlimited moves. (unknown when that will happen)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)