need a n old analog receiver with skew function

Status
Please reply by conversation.

satob196

Original poster
Oct 2, 2009
newcastle nsw australia
hi everyone my name is david from nsw australia i have been into cband and ku band satellite tv since december 1993,my dish is a 3.7metre mesh with 1 actuator. i can see satellites from 75east to 183 or nss9.i need an old analog receiver with a skew function as i want to try a few experimiments, i had a drake 700e but give it way this year. i also have a mirage analog receiver which will drive 2 motors but i have lost the remote control for it .im after a analog satellite receiver or an old mpeg2 receiver with terminals on the rear for 5 volts ,ground,and pulse!! im located in australia but will pay the appropiate freight to get it to australia by airmail.im pretty keen to buy 1 110v is no problems here ntsc is no problems, as long as its got the remote the manual and a menu ill buy it i cannot think of anything else i can use for a skew i hope someone can help me out there in the usa or whereever ,thanks david nsw australia :)

some alternatives:

Welcome to the forum. :up I've had the pleasure to enjoy your local Vetrun forum, too! :cool:

- those receivers are quite heavy, but they've shown up new/unopened, here on eBay USA (we can get you more info)
- one of our members has designed an electronic converter to sense voltage on the coax and switch the feedhorn servo between H & V (no fine tuning)
- Have you considered one of the voltage sensitive LNBF's such as shown here? (I know you can get them locally)

Super350i

hi everyone my name is david from nsw australia i have been into cband and ku band satellite tv since december 1993,my dish is a 3.7metre mesh with 1 actuator. i can see satellites from 75east to 183 or nss9.i need an old analog receiver with a skew function as i want to try a few experimiments, i had a drake 700e but give it way this year. i also have a mirage analog receiver which will drive 2 motors but i have lost the remote control for it .im after a analog satellite receiver or an old mpeg2 receiver with terminals on the rear for 5 volts ,ground,and pulse!! im located in australia but will pay the appropiate freight to get it to australia by airmail.im pretty keen to buy 1 110v is no problems here ntsc is no problems, as long as its got the remote the manual and a menu ill buy it i cannot think of anything else i can use for a skew i hope someone can help me out there in the usa or whereever ,thanks david nsw australia :)

Hello David.
Somewhere in my basement I have an old super GI 350i if you're interested.
I know I had the remote for it, I don't think I kept the manual for it, everything was working fine when I'd replaced it with the 4dtv 920 unit, but that was quite few years back, I guess I could hook it up and see if still works.
please pm me.

Thanks.
granadaguy.

I love austrailian cars!! I have a holden monaro CV8 (aka- Pontiac GT0- 6 speed 6.0 LS2 heavily modified for street). I would like to visit aussie land some day.

as for your dish...I don't have any extra analog receivers. My orb 7500 just quit on me so I found another laying around.

I do wish some of the modern HD fta receivers would do skew control and even motor controls internally without using a v box or other external positioners.

Since I'm looking to try a skew project, I am also looking for a box that moves the dish and also does fine adjustments for skew. As well, iease of use might be nice. But in all the reading I've done, I still don't know what the good boxes for that are.

Can some of the pros here advise what maybe the top boxes are for that? The top 5 would be good.

Lone Cloud --

If you are talking Analog receiver, won't all of 'em do the job?

But, if you are talking something like the Gbox from Sadoun, the enhanced Gbox 4000 with skew*, seems to be on hold due to the sluggish world economy.

* this is what we're calling it for now. No telling what it'll be named if it gets to market.

analog receiver with skew

hi guys, i do not like the cband lnbfs bcz youve got to compromise meaning you have to peak it for satellites eg thaicom5 etc in this area and part of the world by the time you get to sats further around such as intelsat8 or pas8 at 166east cband which im told can b e received in the usa but the lnbf doing poor signals. by the time you go from say telstar10 at 76.5east which has quite abit of cband traffic on it for australia etc and alot of asia.what someone needs to invent is a lnb with a feedhorn with some sort of self turning cog like that spins in it like an automated skew control .mr garry cratt of avcomm australia can get these type feedorns etc but are between $1000 to $5000australian im not sure how much theyre in the usa but someone needs to make up this type of feed with an automated skew etc .,also ive got these scaller rings off garry and his scaler rings are made by himself they improve weak signals on cband by upto 3 db orso ,anyway this is what this problem needs ,thankyou david nsw australia :)

analog receiver with skew hi guys, i do not like the cband lnbfs bcz youve got to compromise meaning you have to peak it for satellites eg thaicom5 etc in this area and part of the world by the time you get to sats further around such as intelsat8 or pas8 at 166east cband which im told can b e received in the usa but the lnbf doing poor signals. by the time you go from say telstar10 at 76.5east which has quite abit of cband traffic on it for australia etc and alot of asia.what someone needs to invent is a lnb with a feedhorn with some sort of self turning cog like that spins in it like an automated skew control .mr garry cratt of avcomm australia can get these type feedorns etc but are between $1000 to $5000australian im not sure how much theyre in the usa but someone needs to make up this type of feed with an automated skew etc .,also ive got these scaller rings off garry and his scaler rings are made by himself they improve weak signals on cband by upto 3 db orso ,anyway this is what this problem needs ,thankyou david nsw australia :)

I agree completely. It can't be that hard. If there is sufficient power to run a diseqc motor, there is enough to turn a rotor.

Although it may seem like it, we here on the forum aren't the last remaining c-banders. There has to be 100,000 c banders in the country.

Even if the thing was automatic, a go, stop and store function on the receiver would seem possible.

here here!

hi guys, i do not like the cband lnbfs bcz youve got to compromise meaning you have to peak it for satellites eg thaicom5 etc in this area and part of the world by the time you get to sats further around such as intelsat8 or pas8 at 166east cband which im told can b e received in the usa but the lnbf doing poor signals. by the time you go from say telstar10 at 76.5east which has quite abit of cband traffic on it for australia etc and alot of asia.what someone needs to invent is a lnb with a feedhorn with some sort of self turning cog like that spins in it like an automated skew control .mr garry cratt of avcomm australia can get these type feedorns etc but are between $1000 to $5000australian im not sure how much theyre in the usa but someone needs to make up this type of feed with an automated skew etc .,also ive got these scaller rings off garry and his scaler rings are made by himself they improve weak signals on cband by upto 3 db orso ,anyway this is what this problem needs ,thankyou david nsw australia :)

I do agree, however, here in the US, I've been using my DMX741 C/Ku LNBF from 55.5W to 137W and really haven't had much fall off as far as skew. Pretty much set it and forget it. The only satellite I've had problem with is AMC 1 Ku (103W) and from what I understand is it's skew is offline from the rest of the arc, hence why it's off. I may end up putting a dedicated Ku dish on there anyway.

skew problems

hi there everyone, we have a satellite like that at 148east its on the move at the moment headed west its an inclined orbit satellite but the skew mainly on the ku side of this satellite was a fair bit different than the other satellites in the clarke belt here .anyway it shouldnt be hard to make 1 of these to fix the problem with big signal drop offs between satellites far apart ,thanks david nsw australia

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts