need a receiver... what to do

Status
Please reply by conversation.

activ8

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 14, 2004
I have three HR24's on my account for my house.... now have my mom and dad staying with me for a while ( 6months) and I would like for them to get TV too.

They don't need HD perse, but need the ability to pause and record shows.. I do have whole home DVR, but I watch shows they don't care for..... so probably need a single DVR unit

What would be my best route ? straight from D* or eBay ?

Thanks Jerry,m I know I gotta pay for it.. might as well get something usable.

I have a older HR10-250 Tivo DirecTV High Definition Satellite Receiver I'll sell you cheap

Any chance you could use one of the three DVRs you currently have for your parents for 6 months?

Using the HR10-250 won't work as it isn't SWM compatible.

I think the R16 SD receiver is SWM capable.

Find out what DIRECTV is willing to offer. You're probably already on the hook for a Whole Home upgrade so I wouldn't imagine the commitment should be a stumbling block.

I'd opt for a HD receiver and let your parents use one of your HR24s unless four tuners isn't enough to record everything.

I bought a hr-24. If you gotta pay,might as wrll have something good, got off the Directv site.
It'll give me the opportunity to record even more shows once mom and dad leave ;)

Thanks guys

I wonder if I get another DVR does it need to be an HD-DVR, so I can use it with my Whole Home DVR service. Also I wonder how it will effect my contract? :eek:

Also I wonder if they will offer me any kind of incentive, maybe keep one of my SD boxes and movie it to the RV instead of using an old box that is almost 8yrs. old technology :eek:
Any thoughts also sorry if it looks like I am trying to highjack this thread.:coffee

$199. With Duh!!! Two years. And then you still dont own it ;(.
Give it up for capitalism ! Lol

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts