Need a Strong C Band Trans. on AMC6

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bloomdog

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 20, 2006
I am testing C Band on my 1.2 m dish--not easy!!! Can someone give me a VERY strong transponder presently on AMC 6? Feel like I'm flying blind here..... thanks.

AMC-6 is beyond my line-of sight but Lyngsat is showing:

3930 V 11160 (3 CW affiliates)

3953 V 4167 (Penn Cable Network)

&

4040 V 26665 (NASA, 4 channels)

I don't know about the strength of those transponders, good luck!

I've been looking for an excuse to swap my AMC6 Ku LNB to check out C band performance on that satellite. This'll do nicely. As soon as I am finished lunch, I'll go do it and we'll compare notes. It seems like it would be a very nice reference point to have for the 1.2m dish, as there is no adjacent C band stuff pointing my way.

Okay, my notes so far:

1. I agree with you totally, it's not easy. I can't find a thing. I've had luck picking up AMC 3 C band in the recent past, perhaps I didn't keep good enough notes and forgot something important.

2. It's too darn hot today!

Got nothing. Very frustrating. Also, I am trying to attach the lnbf next to and/or above my centered Ku lnbf on my offset dish. Can't get a thing and having trouble lining up the dual c/ku lnbf (only using the c-band portion of this guy). Anyone have any suggestions? :(

You best chance is with the LNB on the side of the Ku Band LNB, I have had no luck with the C-Band LNB above or below the Ku band LNB.

Unfortunately the best location for any LNB is at the correct focal point (The center of the dish) but then you can have the Ku band at the same time :(

The CW transponder is strong so you should be able to pick it up. I am hoping to play around with the location of my C-Band LNB sometime this week, the heat (90 degrees +) has stopped me :(

EDIT - I have noticed that my C-Band LNB likes to have a slightly higher elevation than my Ku Band LNB.

Good Luck! :)

unpopular suggestion

Got nothing. Very frustrating.
Also, I am trying to attach the lnbf next to and/or above my centered Ku lnbf on my offset dish.
Can't get a thing and having trouble lining up the dual c/ku lnbf (only using the c-band portion of this guy).

Anyone have any suggestions? :(
Yes, until you get C-band working, give up Ku on this dish.
I'm sure you have other Ku dishes and LNBs.
Buy (not sure this one would fit) or build a mount to put the C-band LNB centered at the focus of the dish.
Locating that position should be apparent from inspection if you have a Ku LNB mounted normally.
I know I've built mounts to put "the wrong stuff" at the focus, and been very close.

... and once you think you have the LNBf mounted and aimed, don't be shy about moving it toward and away from the dish, to optimize focus.
It may well focus a little closer than your Ku LNB did.

And of course, the skew is a major concern.
I'm sure you have that under control, but it's worth reviewing.
Here are pictures and words for both the CK-1 and BSC-621 LNBfs.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)