Need advice finding Telsat 6 ???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sunsetsat

Jul 18, 2004
I have been trying to find the Telstar 6 (aka Intelsat 6) for FOX News. Been banging my head...I have found the G-3C/Ku sat several times. These two are next to eachother. What the heck? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Have a PanSat receiver and a 90cm dish. LNB is 11.7 ~ 12.2 range. thanks anyone!!

:confused:

Set your receiver to 12174 MHz Vertical . SR 3000. Drop the dish arm down slightly. Not too much. Move it to the right slowly by hand until the bars become what color tells you there is a picture. That's what I do.

If you have an analog receiver then set your analog receiver on Tr 19 as there are dark sparklies on that transponder.

At just two deg. to the East (to Left from behind) its right next door. I would enter the below in the IA-6 antenna set up screen.

L.O. 10750

12173Mhz
V
3000 S/R

And watch for signal quality, the dish will not need moved much at all. Fox News has had really low signal quality the last few weeks, so find the above channel (May) then at least you know you are on the correct satellite, then enter the coordinates for Fox News, and you might be lucky.
Good Luck.

You can also try 12042 V SR 3879.

It is ABC NewsNow and comes in with a stong signal and quality. If you can get this you will be on the right satellite and then try Fox News.

Fox News is a weak transponder and is sometime hard to get on a cloudy snowy night but it is there.

Wholeshoe

Wow! Thanks guys...I have given up for the night, but I will be at it again tomorrow and I will be taking your advice on tuning this thing in. Again....THANKS!

GEOCOLLINS said:
Set your receiver to 12174 MHz Vertical . SR 3000. Drop the dish arm down slightly. Not too much. Move it to the right slowly by hand until the bars become what color tells you there is a picture. That's what I do.

If you have an analog receiver then set your analog receiver on Tr 19 as there are dark sparklies on that transponder.

Depending on where he is, more often than not he wont even have to drop elevation. Where I live (MN), G11, T6, G3, T5 and even AMC4 are all within the same elevation :)

and it would be to the left (if he's moving it from behind the dish. If he is in front, he wont get any sginal :))

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)