Need Advice for new Genie install on 5/23/14

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
The ir codes are the same for all of the Directv branded boxes. The rf is the same for all except the HR44s which are unique to themselves.

Yeah I spent time researching on how to make sure these remotes would work with the HR44, but after all was said and done the remotes just kept working. We did nothing, so not sure why the remotes would work with a HR21 and a HR44 in the exact same manner (unless he did something so fast that I missed it). He never touched the Harmony remotes.

So, when should I call DTV? Maybe next Tuesday and ask them about these older units? He was pretty clear about that and he was on the phone with DTV when he told us that we own all the old hardware (referring to the HR21's). After 14 years of payments I would think we own all this hardware including the new stuff, lol...

Your remotes are in IR mode then, seeing the HR44 changed the RF frequency used.

The ir codes are the same for all of the Directv branded boxes. The rf is the same for all except the HR44s which are unique to themselves.
OK, so the HR44 must be set to IR by default then? I thought since the RC71 remotes say RF on them that the HR44 would be set to RF by default. Oh well, none of that matters since its all working. Thanks for the info...

OK, so the HR44 must be set to IR by default then? I thought since the RC71 remotes say RF on them that the HR44 would be set to RF by default. Oh well, none of that matters since its all working. Thanks for the info...

I think ALL remotes are defaulted to IR, then if you want RF, you can change them, the number of people out there that would be lost if it was defaulted to RF would be HUGE.

The 44 and 41 receive ir and rf signals simultaneously. The Genie remotes (71) are set to rf and your harmony remotes are set to ir. If you change the receiver to ir then the Genie remotes will stop working. Just leave it as is. These boxes were designed for this.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Its rare that you get Owned units ...
Not really if look around eBay mostly, of course it really has to be owned not lease masking as owned when they don't give you the RID number for verification, or they still carry a balance but don't tell you, Luckily that never happened to me and most are honest when they put owned in their description.

Edit: I see you meant for first time installations, but who want owned receivers for the first time setups anyway, or at least return the lease and buy a owned, which is moot since you're on 2 year contract, unless they wait when contract expires, I think it can be done buying owned then letting tech install the dish and everything else, But I think a local retailer is the only way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)