Need advice on getting a new leased receiver

bbtkd

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 11, 2004
OK - we've had Dish for about 2 years (since Voom bailed), and last summer we upgraded receivers. We currently have a leased 622, a leased 625, and we own a 301 and a 311. The 301 just died, causing switch problems and has channels missing. Coincidentally, I was thinking of replacing the 301 with something HD capable. I'd like (but don't absolutely need) a DVR on that TV. So - my decision is down to a 211, 222, or 622. I don't need dual receivers, so I'll disregard the 222.

So - my question is whether I should bother asking dish to lease me a 211 or 622 given that I'm already leasing more receivers than they normally like. Threatening to switch is an empty threat since they know I'd never get D* to give me that number of receivers either. Guess if I can't lease another then I'll check online. Thoughts? Thanks!

Actually, you are AT your leased "tuner" limit (4) with the 625 and 622. When you say last summer, do you mean summer '07 or '06? If '07, they probably won't let you Dish It Up for another 622, but you can try.

If you got (possibly bought) a dual tuner receiver as a replacement (even just a 322), you could save $5 per month by cancelling the 311.

The leased tuner limit is not hard and fast. I have a 722, a 622, and a 322 all leased...

Limit is 4 leased on an account. The system won't let you do dish in it up if there are already four tuners on an account. If you call ask for the executive resolutions team.

If you got (possibly bought) a dual tuner receiver as a replacement (even just a 322), you could save $5 per month by cancelling the 311.

I only have one cable run to that location and cannot easily run more. To run a dual and serve another room, and have the antenna for locals, I'd need to duplex four signals. I've got the duplexors to do it but not sure how usable the signal would be. Next house gets four cables to each TV location!

Actually, you are AT your leased "tuner" limit (4) with the 625 and 622. When you say last summer, do you mean summer '07 or '06? If '07, they probably won't let you Dish It Up for another 622, but you can try.

Now that I think about it, I'm coming up on three years with Dish and have had the 622 and 635 since summer 2006.

Due to cabling issues and my son wanting HD too, I'm leaning towards buying two used 211's. Thanks all!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts