need advice on mid/upper level sats?

johnner1999

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 18, 2004
earth
I'm looking at the Def-Tech Pro Cinema kit 600 which I can get a good deal on now at Best Buy with the 12% coupon

or I can buy this kit from Focal:
Focal SIBSYSB Sib 525W 5.1-Channel Surround Sound System at $200 more then the Pro 600

my question is do you think the $200 is worth it?

And last option is a Boston Acoustic set

Boston Acoustics - Home Products

which is onsale for over half off at Circuit City -- the set up seems good and the price is even better! BUT is the price soo low because they are "one-step above HTiB?

Also is it bad for the Pro 600's if you hook up the fronts directly to the receiver and by-pass the double wiring to the sub?

My room is about a 16x18 or so.... in a finished basement with 8-9 foot ceilings -- powered by a Yamaha RX-V1800. I will use this 99% for TV and movies (80% HD) if that helps any?
thanks and i hope this was OK to post here

John

Definitive Technology speakers to VERY much overrated and overpriced. Focal makes an excellent speaker, but I can't say I know anything about the SiB.

Honestly, if you want great sounding speakers on the cheap, I'd recommend building your own: Search Results Page
Or look into this: Search Results Page
For the money, you can't beat those Dayton drivers. After rebuilding a couple bookshelf speakers using their Dayton drivers and adding crossovers, I'm sold. They probably sound as good as those Focal's would and they're just a step or two below my Paradigm Studio 60's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts